Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The season is over ffs give it a rest , sit back and just enjoy the euros or wimbledon or what ever you can find that’s perfect
Hmmm

giphy.gif

If you already think he isn't gonna make it to November that's on you and your poor attitude to actually supporting a pretty decent guy managing this football club.

You're too emotionally attached to this manager. You can support the guy and want him to do well but also think there are valid reasons why he might not be in a job for much longer. And just because some people don't think he'll be in a job come November doesn't mean they "have a poor attitude" or aren't "good fans" or some bullshit. It's called being realistic to the fact we finished the season on an incredibly sour note, and many of us have been around long enough to see much more established managers than Ange crash and burn.

Oh, and for the record, Poch reached the CL final, didn't make it to November. (I bet guys like you would have been moaning about people's "poor attitude to supporting a pretty decent guy" back then too.)

AVB finished 5th, a point off top 4, didn't make it to November.

Ramos won the League cup, didn't make it to November.

I don't really agree.

There was more good than bad, his first season at a new club, new playing style, new players, losing the best striker in the world 2 days before the start of the season and lots of injuries.

An 'absolute disgrace' is bordering on being deluded if you think that.

If you already think he isn't gonna make it to November that's on you and your poor attitude to actually supporting a pretty decent guy managing this football club.

Absolute nailed it

You're too emotionally attached to this manager. You can support the guy and want him to do well but also think there are valid reasons why he might not be in a job for much longer. And just because some people don't think he'll be in a job come November doesn't mean they "have a poor attitude" or aren't "good fans" or some bullshit. It's called being realistic to the fact we finished the season on an incredibly sour note, and many of us have been around long enough to see much more established managers than Ange crash and burn.

Oh, and for the record, Poch reached the CL final, didn't make it to November. (I bet guys like you would have been moaning about people's "poor attitude to supporting a pretty decent guy" back then too.)

AVB finished 5th, a point off top 4, didn't make it to November.

Ramos won the League cup, didn't make it to November.
I'm not emotionally attached to the manager at all, have you seen our fanbase recently? Alot of fans start moaning as soon as one bad thing happens which then causes a shit atmosphere.

We had a poor run of fixtures towards the back end of last season, the big games we lost we lose pretty much every season!! So why do you think Ange would be a miracle worker and come in and change that after not even one season? It's already been mentioned above that our form was better than Aston Villa's for example, do you see their fans wanting Emery out or think he'll be sacked by November?

Poch was a completely different scenario so I'm not sure what relevance that has. He'd been at the club five years, Ange has been here one year. If I can remember rightly wasn't Poch on the verge of getting sacked just before we played Aston Villa? Actually he was, we were losing and all the fans at that game were fed up already of him!!! Kane comes on, scores a free kick and the rest is history.

Ramos?! Yeah he got sacked quite rightly 😆

AVB I couldn't give two craps about whether it was right or wrong to sack him.

I said new season new start. I'll back the guy and get behind the team. The season wasn't a disgrace by any means, but the late season capitulation was.

Ultimately it all fell apart when he supposedly had an almost full complement to choose from. It didn't work, hence the results.

In those last ten games we had players that were unfit, out of form or perhaps not good enough. One of those is NOT his fault, but the picking players out of form or fitness is.

Yeah, 5th without Kane is better than almost any of us expected and there have been positives. Micky in particular and despite what many feel on the forum, Johnson too. And Sonny's return belies what others say about him being finished.

However, the players weren't giving it all in those last ten games or so. Despite the early season form etc, how many games have we actually been immense and impressive? Two? Three? Villa away (after then went to 10 men) and Newscastle at home. Maybe forest. We played well at Woolwich and City. But then shit the bed at home to them.

It's my PERSONAL view that most of the players lost belief in him and the system hence the results. For that reason I suspect if it continues into next season he will be gone.

How long do you persevere if we are still having similar results? A ball hasn't been kicked yet, but we scraped fifth at the end of the season, after admittedly starting better than expected. That's what then raises expectations.

If he's still here by Christmas then it'll be because he's proved me wrong. But right now I don't believe he's the right guy.
Fair enough, I agree with some of the points you make especially about the form of some of the signings i.e VDV & Johnson.

The end of the season, the fixture list was very poor, that horrendous run of games against Woolwich, City, Liverpool and Chelsea was always gonna fuck us over as we were not consistent enough but lets be honest we hardly win those games every season do we?

I don't think the players lost belief, I think they were just fucked. For the last however many seasons we have played, we've gone from playing sit back counter attack football, to a new high intensity approach. To sustain that over a whole season isn't easy, even if they are professional footballers. Didn't we have the issue with Poch, his teams were done for at the end of the season, Pep has the pick of the players and has to manage City to pick their moments to peak.

For me, if we are still having the same issues come the end of next season I would be concerned. Now Ange has got a feel for the league, I think we will see some changes. He's proven he can change tactics, he did it against City well. We do need some more adept players to help us attack better and hold up the ball, hopefully the club will look to improve that.

Reported on Optus Sports here in Oz:

‘Fairly extreme’ - Postecoglou’s advice for Southgate as he bemoans EURO 2024 trend
The Spurs boss is in Germany and watching the tournament closely.

Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou has suggested Gareth Southgate simplify matters for England at EURO 2024.

The Three Lions have faced criticism for their performances in Germany with a narrow 1-0 win over Serbia followed up by an even less convincing 1-1 draw with Denmark.

Southgate has in particular come under fire for his tactics and selections with the decision to play Trent Alexander-Arnold in midfield viewed as an untimely experiment gone wrong.

While Premier League Player of the Season Phil Foden has been largely wasted on the left flank with calls for him to move more centrally where he has starred for Manchester City in recent months.

Speaking on ITV in Germany, Postecoglou suggested a back-to-basics approach for England with Southgate’s changes seemingly not working.

"It's fairly extreme, particularly here in England. I know there are a lot of reference points where people say, well, in other tournaments England have sometimes made radical changes and it's worked," Postecoglou said.

“I just don't think that that's the point they're at at the moment.

"I'd like to see players just playing in their natural positions to start with. I think that's your starting point.

“And I think if you can get midfielders in the midfield areas, wingers in the winger's areas, and if that's the way you want to play, I think that helps you get a little bit of stability.

“I still think they’ve realised that there needs to be some impetus to their tournament now. I think the next game gives them the opportunity to do that.

"Some momentum in terms of form, in terms of players maybe playing with a little bit more freedom and a little bit more confidence. Because I think if you don’t get that at some point in the tournament, it will get away from you."

England face Slovenia in their final group match on June 26 (5am) where another point would secure their spot in the knockout rounds.

Postecoglou covered Belgium’s 2-0 win over Romania on Sunday morning (AEST) where Romelu Lukaku had a third goal at the tournament chalked off by VAR after a tight offside call was picked up.

The Aussie manager has made his feelings about the technology well known and isn’t a fan of it looking at things so closely in Germany.

“Don't get me started! My frustration is that we've turned football into forensics now, millimetres,” Postecoglou said.

“I think if that goal had stood without offside technology, nobody would have said anything.

“It's changed the game materially. I'm not a fan, but it is there and it is used. The only positive I see is that they're doing it quickly.”

The former Celtic manager revealed he's on Scotland's bandwagon for EURO 2024 and is enjoying seeing younger players given their chance to shine.

"Football is changing all the time, I just love the fearlessness of throwing young players in, and they’ve already made an impact," Postecoglou said.

"I mean sometimes as managers we try to wrap young players in cotton wool, but 21-year-olds even 16-year-olds making an impact straight away, I’ve found it so exciting."

There were a few moments last night where the presenter and other pundits asked Ange a question

And he responded to each question put to him

I thought that was classy , this guy just gets it

Wow. Just read the last 3 or 4 pages.

Let’s spare a minute to pay our respects to John Thomas John Thomas and Harrier Harrier having been comprehensively buried. Thoughts and prayers for your loved ones.

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat , Shadydan Shadydan and Murphy Murphy deserve special praise for their service to the community, although many others also did great work.

We salute you!
These guys are the real Madrid of the fighting cock poster world i'm sure ?

Back
Top Bottom