Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm

giphy.gif
6-FBA1880-96-EF-4-C96-A06-F-F9770011-D67-B.jpg

showing my age but Gabrielle Sabatini had something about her ……

hopefully levy is ruthless. if the first 4-5 games are stinkers he has to act quick or the season is in the bin and its a whole fucking year wasted!
I hope I'm wrong and that with a few more signings and a good pre-season it all clicks because we can't keep having this cycle. Something has to change and give - or we are right back where we were. When Poch went, with players that don't suit a new manager, perhaps.

Then end of season collapse - and it was a collapse - was shocking. And we played less football than almost anyone else too; next year we will have at least 8 more games in the league phase of the Europa League. And they were shattered.

I hope that the fabled Ange second season happens. And it all clicks. But I'm sceptical. Because I've got eyes. And more than blind faith.

I hope I'm wrong and that with a few more signings and a good pre-season it all clicks because we can't keep having this cycle. Something has to change and give - or we are right back where we were. When Poch went, with players that don't suit a new manager, perhaps.

Then end of season collapse - and it was a collapse - was shocking. And we played less football than almost anyone else too; next year we will have at least 8 more games in the league phase of the Europa League. And they were shattered.

I hope that the fabled Ange second season happens. And it all clicks. But I'm sceptical. Because I've got eyes. And more than blind faith.
It's hardly blind faith if he's shown the same progression at every single club he's managed previously. Exactly the same.

You're not the only one with eyes, some of us have seen it all before.

Of course, there's the possibility that it doesn't translate to the top league in the World, but it's hardly "blind" faith to think that if it's worked previously, every single time, that it will work again.

It's hardly blind faith if he's shown the same progression at every single club he's managed previously. Exactly the same.

You're not the only one with eyes, some of us have seen it all before.

Of course, there's the possibility that it doesn't translate to the top league in the World, but it's hardly "blind" faith to think that if it's worked previously, every single time, that it will work again.
So what you are saying is that we are going to win the league because the evidence suggests that's his pattern?

There's at least three teams better than us and a small bald cunt upstairs that won't spend the money required.

So what you are saying is that we are going to win the league because the evidence suggests that's his pattern?

There's at least three teams better than us and a small bald cunt upstairs that won't spend the money required.
That's not what I'm saying at all, and you know that, but you've got to twist it somehow. Why?

The key word I used was progression, in that his team's have improved markedly, at every club he's managed, in their second season. It wasn't because he had millions more than anyone else to spend, it was because they got better at playing his brand of Football.

It's faith based on fact, nothing blind about it.

That's not what I'm saying at all, and you know that, but you've got to twist it somehow. Why?

The key word I used was progression, in that his team's have improved markedly, at every club he's managed, in their second season. It wasn't because he had millions more than anyone else to spend, it was because they got better at playing his brand of Football.

It's faith based on fact, nothing blind about it.
Listen, I'm not trying to dismiss your opinion and I'm only playfully tweaking your implication. I know what you mean.

I think this is a step too far. It's not Celtic, or teams he was expected to do well. He's not come and taken over City. He started well, (albeit went out of cups early with poor performances) and then stubbornly stuck to his only real game plan. Which worked in weaker leagues.

You say to expect progression, but what's that? Fourth? We've already done that before, as recently as two years ago.

I want to see us at least try and challenge, to try to win *something* and to learn from the mistakes of the past. Everyone worked out how to nullify us, and we ended up losing 1/3 of our matches last year. He only lost 3 league games in each of his seasons at Celtic.

He appeard to lose shitloads in Japan his first season, then won the league, then shit the bed before leaving. This isn't exactly filling me with awe. Even Gerrard won the title in Scotland. 🤣

Listen, I'm not trying to dismiss your opinion and I'm only playfully tweaking your implication. I know what you mean.

I think this is a step too far. It's not Celtic, or teams he was expected to do well. He's not come and taken over City. He started well, (albeit went out of cups early with poor performances) and then stubbornly stuck to his only real game plan. Which worked in weaker leagues.

You say to expect progression, but what's that? Fourth? We've already done that before, as recently as two years ago.

I want to see us at least try and challenge, to try to win *something* and to learn from the mistakes of the past. Everyone worked out how to nullify us, and we ended up losing 1/3 of our matches last year. He only lost 3 league games in each of his seasons at Celtic.

He appeard to lose shitloads in Japan his first season, then won the league, then shit the bed before leaving. This isn't exactly filling me with awe. Even Gerrard won the title in Scotland. 🤣
I understand your trepidation in regards to this "second season "syndrome ".
The previous leagues he has been involved in have, to put it mildly been shit.
We saw especially earlier in the season glimpses of his attacking football, but we also saw the woeful exposed defending as well.
Some of the goals in games towards the end were, horrendous the amount being shipped and , with his full team back.
Not sure all the players were bought in, he got away with it in the weaker league, it's whether he can survive in this one, hopefully he can and put some sort of cup run together.

There appears to be handful of fans here who decided early on that Ange is not up to the job. It certainly feels like they actively want him to fail so that their preconceived ideas are vindicated.

The accusation that there is a group on the forum who are part of an Ange cult looks like classic projection. It definitely feels like there is an anti-Ange cult.

The vast majority here, given the empirical evidence of the posts, just want the manager, whoever it is, to do well and for the club to be successful. The 2023/2024 season had its highs and lows. However you look at it, though, there was a definite effort to change the playing style and the culture in the club. Most fans seem to accept that the new season will be the acid test for seeing whether we are on upward curve again.
The negativity of the few is jarring because there seems to be a compulsion to post the same criticism over and over again. The volume of posts by the few gives a very unbalanced view of the overall sentiment here.

I have no idea if Ange will be 'Gone by November'. On the evidence of last season, I see no reason why that should be the case, but you never know. I'm hopeful that we see a successful window and that we show real progress, but, again, you never know. I'm excited to see how it goes.

Last edited:

yea, we have a squad now which conte needed.

yea it absolutely stank after the chelsea game. the football in the final third is some of the worst ive ever seen. counter attacking players trying to play cute football, its cringe to watch.

I have no idea if Ange will be 'Gone by November'. On the evidence of last season, I see no reason why that should be the case, but you never know. I'm hopeful that we see a successful window and that we show real progress, but, again, you never know. I'm excited to see how it gogoes
That will depend on two things.
Firstly, wether our end of season slump continues into the new season. And if it does, where the fans anger / criticism is aimed.
If it's aimed solely at Ange, he'll be safe for a few more months. If it's targeted towards Daniel, then I'm afraid he's toast.

There appears to be handful of fans here who decided early on that Ange is not up to the job. It certainly feels like they actively want him to fail so that their preconceived ideas are vindicated.

The accusation that there is a group on the forum who are part of an Ange cult looks like classic projection. It definitely feels like there is an anti-Ange cult.

The vast majority here, given the empirical evidence of the posts, just want the manager, whoever it is, to do well and for the club to be successful. The 2023/2024 had its highs and lows. However you look at it, though, there was a definite effort to change the playing style and the culture in the club. Most fans seem to accept that the new season will be the acid test for seeing whether we are on upward curve again.
The negativity of the few is jarring because there seems to be a compulsion to post the same criticism over and over again. The volume of posts by the few gives a very unbalanced view of the overall sentiment here.

I have no idea if Ange will be 'Gone by November'. On the evidence of last season, I see no reason why that should be the case, but you never know. I'm hopeful that we see a successful window and that we show real progress, but, again, you never know. I'm excited to see how it goes.
I desperately want Ange to prove me wrong

Firstly, wether our end of season slump continues into the new season.
i cant see how it doesnt if he uses the same front 3 and the same tactics of pushing up high and condensing the space. the forwards weve got are not good enough to play like this its as simple as that and other teams know this now. the only option we have is to get the ball in the box and hope richarlison can get something on it and we dont even do that.

unless we sign some forwards with football brains we are going to be served up the same old shite.

That's what I said a few pages ago......Half the forum disagreed 😆
i honestly think that chelsea game was far more damaging than some realise. him playing that suicide shit with 9 men was beyond crazy and exposed him as not having a fucking clue. hes 100% lost players belief after that and its understandable.

this is the guy that wants to dominate teams and play possession football with the oppo pinned in and he goes out and spends 50m on brennan johnson.......surprised he didnt want the slowest defender in the world to play with his defence pushed up to the halfway line.

Back
Top Bottom