Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that there is a steadily growing sense of acceptance and optimism over Ange being appointed, I'm now waiting for the inevitable news of him turning down Spurs and signing a new contract at Celtic.

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

Is there any real need for that towards posters who have turned up here proposing to off us information but our potential new mananger?
Also, clubs who are massively well supported but who the winds of financial fate frown upon (for very different reasons obviously) ought to stick together and respect one another.

Cheers to the Celtic folks, some of the best crowds I've ever seen in all of sports. That's what it's all about.

Also, clubs who are massively well supported but who the winds of financial fate frown upon (for very different reasons obviously) ought to stick together and respect one another.

Cheers to the Celtic folks, some of the best crowds I've ever seen in all of sports. That's what it's all about.
Well I certainly don't hold any animosities towards any team's fans in Scotland.

Any insight as to the attributes needed to play in those inverted fullback roles?

I do associate his tactics with Arteta, which makes me think it's his wingers in the 4-3-3 that are bombing high up the pitch whereas the fullbacks occupy more of a holding role a la Zinchenko and Tomiyasu and the like, do I have that right?
It’s difficult to compare because we obviously have A LOT of the ball in Scotland so we don’t really need traditional holding midfielders and we’ll often press so high that you’ll find CCV (remember him? Thanks for that. Love him) and Starfelt our CB’s over the half way line. Very aggressive. The full backs do come inside and support the one 6 (McGregor) whilst the other two midfielders (Hatate and O’Riley tend to support the wingers and create a lot of rotations.

It’s difficult to compare because we obviously have A LOT of the ball in Scotland so we don’t really need traditional holding midfielders and we’ll often press so high that you’ll find CCV (remember him? Thanks for that. Love him) and Starfelt our CB’s over the half way line. Very aggressive. The full backs do come inside and support the one 6 (McGregor) whilst the other two midfielders (Hatate and O’Riley tend to support the wingers and create a lot of rotations.

This is good analysis from Hoopster but also maybe important to add that while we do have a lot of the ball domestically and thus that dictates our play, we did the same thing in the Champions League. Obviously results never went our way, but lots of analysts and commentators praised the style of football and most Celtic fans agreed it was some of, if not the best football we'd played on the continent in decades.

If Ange comes in expect that same dominant, aggressive style against every team you face.

Cheers. And yeah, I think that's the big concrete worry of the step up in class.

There's really nowhere Ange has ever managed where opponents have a class of players that can pass right through a well set up and well drilled ball recovery press.

He's going to face that all the time at Spurs, and is inheriting a defense that falls to bits whenever anyone runs at them.

The only way out is through though, and Ange's no-nonsense no-excuses approaches me as the right tone. Saying it and doing it are two different things.

I've just finished the video and I like him. Doesn't take shit and kept it together, despite being badgered and harassed. I can't see him having a Conte-style meltdown, but if he does, at least it will be an intelligible one!
Just wondering, did we break Conte or is he often having meltdowns?

One thing I do like about him is the fact that he will bring with him the Aussie mentality to sport. They're a different breed to us in many ways. That could well be a good thing to impose on the club. The rest, i'm not so sure about. Time will tell I suppose. We have little choice but to get behind the side if he does.

Stop that right now.

He actually lost against a lower league team in the cup in J League when he was on the verge of taking the Celtic job 😑🤣
Was thinking exactly that.

So often it's the case that the weirdest, most karma-ridden, ironic result is the one you get.

Back
Top Bottom