Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird that some of you can’t understand what a massive achievement winning the AFC with Australia was. They beat Son and South Korea in the final.

It’s as if they only achievements that matter to you are ones that happen in Europe and then you wonder why Ange has taken so long to get recognised in this part of the world…
Your point ic correct except it was the Asia cup (similar to Euros). Remember in this recent World cup, Asian nations best Germany, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Argentina. The standard of Asian football is pretty good, and Ange won their regional trophy.

No one seems to be able to give one tangible reason as to why Anges style wouldn't work in the Premier League mate. You're wasting your breath.
Because there is no reason why it won’t work. Having EPL quality players at his disposal means it will work in the EPL.
I totally understand why people are sceptical about appointing Ange but i for one can’t watch the turgid shite we’ve been served up for the last 3 years anymore. If there’s a guy that can come in and make us play quick,aggressive,skillful football that’s pleasing on the eye then I’m all for it. Whether that’s Ange or someone else I don’t really care anymore. I just don’t want to be bored out my skull watching Tottenham play anymore.

How do you think it will play out for any coach who won't bend over for Levy?
Conte didn't bend over for Levy. He froze out all the players he didn't want absolutely mercilessly.
So how is Ange gonna be different and still not bend over?
For me, you bend over for Levy or you leave. That's the only real reality I see and it's why we're never going anywhere.
Ange Postecoglou will have Daniel Levy eating out of his hand. He knows how to manage CEO’ Chairs and boards.

Orrrr people try to promote their countrymen even when they are nobodies.
I've never once said we should try and sign an Australian player, in fact we've never had one make a senior appearance. No Australian coach outside of Ange would be anywhere near his level. This isn't patriotism, this is appreciation from people who have followed his career. My local side is actually arch rivals with one of his old teams. You can choose to overlook the positives, and frankly I don't think it really matters, he proved a lot a Celtic fans wrong two years ago and he'll prove a lot more people wrong if he's appointed. Spurs make a lot of awful decisions, but this would be a rare time they get it right.

I've never once said we should try and sign an Australian player, in fact we've never had one make a senior appearance. No Australian coach outside of Ange would be anywhere near his level. This isn't patriotism, this is appreciation from people who have followed his career. You can choose to overlook the positives, and frankly I don't think it really matters, he proved a lot a Celtic fans wrong two years ago and he'll prove a lot more people wrong if he's appointed. Spurs make a lot of awful decisions, but this would be a rare time they get it right.
Would of loved Harry Kewell, early Leeds days.

Here's Postecoglou's 'Roarcelona' pulling off the most remarkable Grand Final win in history, coming from 2-0 down in extra-time

And here's a better example of the sort of football they played

I don't think you can act like someone is a proven commodity when everything they've done of note has occurred in the SPL within the last 2 years. But -

But our club's situation is what it is. Few people will work with Daniel Levy, and he won't pay what it costs to recruit and back a top candidate. As such, we can't hire someone of the caliber and profile of a Conte or Mourinho as would be fitting of a top club, and if we did it wouldn't work.

Our best hope in the end might be to take a dart throw at someone who is lesser known but may be an up and comer, and hope that they can work out improving the team over several years by developing young players without much investment.

It's a more reasonable choice than Levy sitting someone down and telling him to get us in the CL with Kane and Son and an Everton quality team besides.

Angelos Postecoglou - he's magic you knooow.
If he becomes our manager, I'd love to hear us sing that after we crush chelsea. Pan to Poch's face looking crestfallen as we re-purpose his great anthem for our new Aussie master, who jumps in front of him and does a Bruce Forsyth pose for the camera.

Back
Top Bottom