Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just want big Ange to put his arm around my shoulders and tell me it’s going to be on this season
Interview Crying GIF

“…we were just playing for 1-0, that doesn’t sit well with me.”

:adesalute:
That's not the part that you should focus on. The part you should focus on is where he says "I think we're doing a lot of things because it's me telling them to do it rather than belief."

This is how you change the mentality. Not by having players follow your specific patterns to a tee, but by them internalizing your philosophy and approach and making it their own. By them instinctively not slowing down, but keeping the foot on the pedal. That takes time, but Ange is the kind of person who can achieve it.

A lot of fans will realise how shit Conte managed this team, it's going to click for a lot of people at some point, all that club signing nonsense, the rants, the petulance, the style of play...it will get to a point where you will see through it if they haven't done so already.
I bet you wouldn't have been singing the same tune if he was backed half as much as Ange and got us a nice Shinny Trophy for our cabinet. Something like he did for every other team he has coached

This style and DNA Bullshit people keep bringing up. Nobody gives a crap how you win a league or a cup, they just care about winning. Do you think Leicester was worried that they won most of their games by a thread when they won the league? I don't think anyone was complaining when the trophy was paraded through the streets.

Time to stop fulling yourself. Winning is everything. Do a factory reset, reboot and get rid of the Levy and Co viruses stuck in your minds.

I bet you wouldn't have been singing the same tune if he was backed half as much as Ange and got us a nice Shinny Trophy for our cabinet. Something like he did for every other team he has coached

This style and DNA Bullshit people keep bringing up. Nobody gives a crap how you win a league or a cup, they just care about winning. Do you think Leicester was worried that they won most of their games by a thread when they won the league? I don't think anyone was complaining when the trophy was paraded through the streets.

Time to stop fulling yourself. Winning is everything. Do a factory reset, reboot and get rid of the Levy and Co viruses stuck in your minds.

There's honestly so many holes in this post and nonsense I really cba debating but this bit was interesting...

'Backed as half as much as Ange', you're gonna have to explain that one to me :gallashmm:

This style and DNA Bullshit people keep bringing up. Nobody gives a crap how you win a league or a cup, they just care about winning.
“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

That Blanchflower fella, he doesn’t know nothing about this club.

Last edited:
That's not the part that you should focus on. The part you should focus on is where he says "I think we're doing a lot of things because it's me telling them to do it rather than belief."

This is how you change the mentality. Not by having players follow your specific patterns to a tee, but by them internalizing your philosophy and approach and making it their own. By them instinctively not slowing down, but keeping the foot on the pedal. That takes time, but Ange is the kind of person who can achieve it.

I took that more as a reference to our previous manager, we know that Conte was more about his automations and control and the players had to fall in line and play the style he wanted to play whilst on the other hand Ange wants them to be brave on the ball and trust themselves with it.

Ange has been backed more than Conte so far????

LOL..... What bollocks.!

Half of what we spent in Ange's first trf window has had to foot the bill for players that were brought in for Conte!

ANGE:
23/24: €138m (-€70m Conte players) = €69m spent / €11m sold
= €58m (n) total (+€18m for Udogie)

CONTE:
22/23: €177m (+70m) = €247m spent / €38m = €209m (n)
Jan 22: €29m
= €238m (n) total
(EDIT: -€18m as Udogie didn't kick a ball for him.)

What the hell is it with you people that throw around utterly unfounded rubbish and just expect people to drink it down without scrutiny????

Last edited:
There's honestly so many holes in this post and nonsense I really cba debating but this bit was interesting...

'Backed as half as much as Ange', you're gonna have to explain that one to me :gallashmm:
It's clear Ange is getting a bit more than both Conté and Jose got. Only a Moron would believe different.

What holes? Would you have said the same about Conté or Jose if we won?

It's clear Ange is getting a bit more than both Conté and Jose got. Only a Moron would believe different.

What holes? Would you have said the same about Conté or Jose if we won?

A bit more what?

We are playing our first PL match next Sunday and we still haven't got a CB through the door, I distinctly remember last season Conte got all of his players (bar Spence) in before pre season kicked off, and that's just one instance.

I really didn't like the hire and I don't like all this "Big Ange" stuff, but I think Spurs should give him three seasons no matter what happens this season short of relegation (which won't happen). At some point you have to decide on a direction and stay with it long enough for it to work out or not. Credibility has to be reestablished, the fans need to be entertained, and the younger players have to be developed. Maybe things will come together sooner than later, but whether they do or not this business of starting and stopping and changing directions has to stop.T seasons is

Whilst I’ve still got my doubts over his ability to manage a Premier League club, I definitely like what he’s saying.
I still have my doubts that you are a Spurs supporter and not a plant!

On the contrary........... Only a "moron" would continue to argue a fallacy after it's been exposed to be utterly untrue.

I see you just brought Jose into the equation:

Jan 19: €27m
20/21: €110m spent / €13m sold = €97m (n)
= €124m (n) total

ALSO FALSE >>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom