Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was a debatable matter that needed to be qualified and specified ten years ago isn't anymore: at every level of the table the Premier League features stronger teams with better players than their counterparts in any other league in the world.

The combination of having much, much more money and having erased any tactical/technical deficit that used to exist has made this just an unambiguous fact of the football world. The PL is at the top of the heap.

The PL has only 3 teams in the top 10 ranked in the world , Man City 1st after spending dubious amounts of money. Liverpool 6th but on the slide and gooners 7th. We are 41 st.

I only watched them play once I think and was very impressed. They did win the Europa League which they often do . Could they beat Villa ? .....yes in my opinion. As for both squads I'm not across that one as Posto would say.
Quite what devil magic they have over the Europa League is beyond me, but they finished 12th even in La Liga last year and have been quite an old team. The continental game is more forgiving for (technically brilliant) guys like Ivan Rakitic or Jesus Navas in the latter stages of their careers. Those guys didn't play for Sevilla at their physical peaks.

There was a time when the more sophisticated tactical level and different refereeing style of those leagues was a big problem for PL sides in European competition.

Those gaps have closed and the money differential has gotten much, much wider.

Dortmund ?...finished in second but on the same points as Bayern I think.
2nd in the Bundesliga. Were they better than Woolwich?

Unlikely, and now Woolwich has Declan Rice and Dortmund doesn't have Jude Bellingham.

It's like this at every slot on the table.

Quite what devil magic they have over the Europa League is beyond me, but they finished 12th even in La Liga last year and have been quite an old team. The continental game is more forgiving for (technically brilliant) guys like Ivan Rakitic or Jesus Navas in the latter stages of their careers. Those guys didn't play for Sevilla at their physical peaks.

There was a time when the more sophisticated tactical level and different refereeing style of those leagues was a big problem for PL sides in European competition.

Those gaps have closed and the money differential has gotten much, much wider.

2nd in the Bundesliga. Are they better than Woolwich?

Unlikely, and now Woolwich has Declan Rice and Dortmund doesn't have Jude Bellingham.

It's like this at every slot on the table.

This is about could these teams mentioned get in the PL top half. We hear about the PL being top drawer but is it ?
It almost makes a Supaleague a mouthwatering proposition.

Apart from the money, better players, overall higher standard what makes it fundamentally different from any other league in the world?
The money makes it more competitive, even the lower teams can spend big, still with the amount City have spent and how well they are doing we are turning into a 1 team league!

sounds like another yes man chanting the levy pr crap about transfers

hear it every damn window

He even used the "Not like going to the shop to buy some milk and bread" analogy in a recent press conference.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Taken straight from The Fighting Cock. Word for Word :roflmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom