Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WTF is going on in this thread?

Are people not allowed to be excited for a new attacking manager (which we all wanted after Conte) without being brow beaten for being "part of the problem"?

Christ on a bike. Where is the joy in dragging others down?

WTF is going on in this thread?

Are people not allowed to be excited for a new attacking manager (which we all wanted after Conte) without being brow beaten for being "part of the problem"?
I wonder the same thing, and not just in this thread, but more widely on TFC.

I’m relatively new to TFC, so at first I put it down to the trauma Spurs supporters have suffered over recent seasons. Fair enough.

But then I thought about the atmosphere on the Fulham boards where I also post. FFC has suffered its fair share of trauma over the last five years, yet the atmosphere there is nowhere near as toxic as it can get here.

Is it the nature of THFC fandom, or just the fans here, or just a proportion of the posters here who are loud enough and vicious enough and polarized enough to drag the whole tone down? It’s a puzzle. The last, maybe.

Hopefully Ange will generate enough good feels with positive, attacking football on the pitch that the atmosphere here changes as well :)

Last edited:

I’m relatively new to TFC, so at first I put it down to the trauma Spurs supporters have suffered over recent seasons. Fair enough.

But then I thought about the atmosphere on the Fulham boards where I also post. FFC has suffered its fair share of trauma over the last five years, yet the atmosphere there is nowhere near as toxic as it can get here.

Is it the nature of THFC fandom, or just the fans here, or just a proportion of the posters here who are loud enough and vicious enough to drag the whole tone down? It’s a puzzle. The last, maybe.

Hopefully Ange will generate enough good feels with positive, attacking football on the pitch that the atmosphere here changes as well :)
The better we play, the less toxic it gets on here as the usual suspects tend to lay low until the next loss or bit of bad news.

You notice it on match days - a win and some people are nowhere to be seen, loss and they're out with posts in their droves. It why I tend not to look on here for a bit after a loss.

Settles down a bit when the transfer window is shut too.

Hopefully Ange can get us on an upward curve and we can all be 'happy clappers' together!

The better we play, the less toxic it gets on here as the usual suspects tend to lay low until the next loss or bit of bad news...

...Settles down a bit when the transfer window is shut too.

Hopefully Ange can get us on an upward curve and we can all be 'happy clappers' together!

That's encouraging news. :)

As I say, I 'm too new to TFC to have an informed opinion or to know the patterns. Looking forward to a universal outbreak of unicorns and rainbows after this weekend's game!

He even used the "Not like going to the shop to buy some milk and bread" analogy in a recent press conference.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Taken straight from The Fighting Cock. Word for Word :roflmao:
Absolutely pathetic isnt it. Mad thing is we all know how this is going to play out. Its the same people every season and weve all got to pander to them and go along with this clown show and pretend weve got the new messiah. Same people will have pitchforks out for him by february. And youll try to remind them and they will just stare at you and dribble.

1 week into the next new manager theyll be doing the exact same playbook whilst calling you gooner scum, and repeat.

Its perverse at this point. Embarrassing for the club and the real Spurs fans. The only silver lining is I dont think Levy will have anywhere to turn too after Ange.

I mean, theyre calling this guy the next Bill fockin’ Nicholson. The guys managed 1 single game and beat Singapore Sailor Boys, the absolute jokers

Last edited:
A lot has to go right for a manager to succeed at these levels.

Guardiola is the coach of the decade. Yet he has only ever coached at clubs that were already at the highest levels in the top leagues.

Interesting that Postecoglou wasn't Celtic's first choice. Eddie Howe was. After lengthy negotiations Eddie Howe pulled out of the deal on the eve of the season. Why would Eddie Howe do that? Lots of theories, but Celtic at the time was in disarray, huge player clean out needed, Howe wanted his own entourage which he wasn't getting, Howe would not have the money to spend on players to bring in. Howe had to work with what he was given, and he said "No".

As everyone knows, Howe is the manager who's team ended up top 4 EPL last season, but hes's also the manger who didn't have a win after his 14 games and pulled out of the Celtic deal at the last minute because the club in a a so-called two horse race didn't give him what he wanted.

Postecoglou gratefully accepted that shit show at Celtic with open arms, pulled everyone at the club by the scruff of the neck and said: "Right, you're all coming with me". Five out of 6 trophies later, going to to toe with Madrid at home, and the fans were saying "Eddie who?"

Last edited:
A lot has to go right for a manager to succeed at these levels.

Guardiola is the coach of the decade. Yet he has only ever coached at clubs that were already at the highest levels in the top leagues.

Interesting that Postecoglou wasn't Celtic's first choice. Eddie Howe was. After lengthy negotiations Eddie Howe pulled out of the deal on the eve of the season. Why would Eddie Howe do that? Lots of theories, but Celtic at the time was in disarray, huge player clean out needed, Howe wanted his own entourage which he wasn't getting, Howe would not have the money to spend on players to bring in. Howe had to work with what he was given, and he said "No".

As everyone knows, Howe is the manager who's team ended up top 4 EPL last season, but hes's also the manger who pulled out of the Celtic deal at the last minute because the club in a a so-called two horse race didn't give him what he wanted.

Postecoglou gratefully accepted that shit show at Celtic with open arms, pulled everyone at the club by the scruff of the neck and said: "Right, you're all coming with me". Five out of 6 trophies later, going to to toe with Madrid at home, and the fans were saying "Eddie who?"

Postecoglou got absolutely turned over in europe, what are you talking about? Why are you also acting like celtic were bottom of the league? They win the damn thing every year

Postecoglou got absolutely turned over in europe, what are you talking about? Why are you also acting like celtic were bottom of the league? They win the damn thing every year

There's context to his Europen results. His firt season he was using youth team players in Europe because he didn't have fit seniors to fill the roster. Celtic was never outplayed in any of their games, other than Madrid away.

And no Celtic do not win every year. The previous year they had one of their worst season in memory. Next season under Postecoglou Celtic beat Rangers to the league and league cup when Rangers was a Europa League finalist.

There's context to his Europen results. His firt season he was using youth team players in Europe because he didn't have fit seniors to fill the roster. Celtic was never outplayed in any of their games, other than Madrid away.

And no Celtic do not win every year. The previous year they had one of their worst season in memory. Next season under Postecoglou Celtic beat Rangers to the league and league cup when Rangers was a Europa League finalist.
You’re arguing with guys who to minimize Angie’s achievements and are happy if he fails so they can prove ownership’s incompetence in appointing him in the first place. They’re a loud minority on all threads. Be thankful that you don’t have supporters like that in your own fanbase.

But then I thought about the atmosphere on the Fulham boards where I also post.

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Like you post on the Fulham boards for a laugh or maybe an odd social experiment, maybe?

Like you post on the Fulham boards for a laugh or maybe an odd social experiment, maybe?
No, I’m a Geelong supporter, but I started supporting Fulham when I lived in SW11 through the 1990s and could walk up the river to the games.

Like lots of Australians I carry a torch for Ange and am hoping good things for him. When he was appointed to Spurs, I looked around for a THFC forum to participate in, and follow the journey.

After discovering how many forums, podcasts, blogs, etc, there are for Spurs (a head-spinning experience for a supporter from a smaller club), I landed here, not least because I enjoy the podcasts here.

And the toxicity aside, it’s not bad. :)

Is it the nature of THFC fandom, or just the fans here, or just a proportion of the posters here who are loud enough and vicious enough and polarized enough to drag the whole tone down? It’s a puzzle. The last, maybe.

Bolded bit is correct. There’s a small portion of loud gobshites on here who think they rule the roost and try to put down anyone who dares show any positivity.

They’re best off ignored for the whiny fucks that they are. 😊

Not sure if this infographic I saw on reddit has been posted here already (if so, apologies for the double up).

Something to get excited about seeing again today….

IMG-2038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom