Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is why Mason Greenwood is going to have the opportunity to continue his career in Southern Europe.

2 completely separate situations and levels of intent. Greenwood defo deserves to rot no question of a doubt there. This spanish fa guy genuinely seems to be taken in by the pure emotion excitement of that moment. Yes he prob shouldnt have done it i agree, but there was no premediated plan or intent from him.
How many times at football matches sitting in the crowd next to people you have never met or spoken too turn round grab and hug you vigorously and even have given a peck when your team has scored. If he has history of shit like this then that maybe different.

Ok thats different and not right, but was it premeditated with the intent of offending and does he have history of shit like this? if so then thats a very different and compelling situation.
He has a history of weird behaviour, which is why he was faced with a player mutiny before the world cup, I won't go into details because it's extremely off topic.

2 completely separate situations and levels of intent. Greenwood defo deserves to rot no question of a doubt there. This spanish fa guy genuinely seems to be taken in by the pure emotion excitement of that moment. Yes he prob shouldnt have done it i agree, but there was no premediated plan or intent from him.
How many times at football matches sitting in the crowd next to people you have never met or spoken too turn round grab and hug you vigorously and even have given a peck when your team has scored. If he has history of shit like this then that maybe different.
I don't want to equate the two from a moral perspective, which isn't the point anyway.

What both Greenwood and this Spanish FA guy are guilty of is being seen on the internet as allies of the notion of women's sexual subservience. They are cast as enemies of the liberation of women from the role of sex objects.

In the Anglophone first world that is no longer tolerable for a public-facing organization as a public relations matter, as a financial matter. Manchester United cannot adequately proceed in their business with that as a public narrative.

It's different in Italy, Spain, Turkey, places like that.

That new Postacoglu song covering Angels by Robbie Williams is an absolute banger I can't lie.

Good Lord imagine 60k fans belting that out at WHL when we lift the league trophy this season :ange-arms:

This man, I love him. He see what we see.

No more Dier, Lloris, Hojbjerg etc!

On Hojbjerg:

“He’s training well. I get that people want to read into that, but if you want to change you have to change. You can’t keep doing everything the same and expect a different outcome. It’s pretty obvious. I’ve always done that wherever I’ve done. Unless I change things, personnel or staff or manner of playing, then what am I doing? I’m definitely not that arrogant to think that just me walking in is going to give us success.

You have to actually make meaningful change. That’s what the club wanted. By appointing me, I presume they wanted to go in a different direction. Then it’s about making those decisions that institute change. Does it bring more out of people?

Pierre, he trains really hard every day. I thought he played a really important role coming on for us against Man Utd the other day. I haven’t seen that it’s diminished his role or he’s not happy. Hopefully you’ve got a couple of players in every position that are pushing each other every day to be the best they can be.”

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1695067587682443551?s=20

Back
Top Bottom