Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So because one case isn't dealt with appropriately, other cases should not be investigated and concluded?

And it is not a weird thing to think that men shouldn't go around kissing women without their consent ffs. The actual weird thing is to think that behaviour is ok.

Can't believe that needs pointing out tbh.

Well since you're saying things that I didn't, sounds like I do need to point it out to you:

What is weird is that when a young female footballer alleges being sexually assaulted by her female team mates, no-one is held to account, yet an unwanted public kiss of a woman by a man causes world-wide outrage.

The fact you think people being annoyed that someone kissed a person on the mouth without consent despite not knowing them at all is 'woke' is virtue signalling is so incredibly funny. It basically sums up how meaningless that phrase is.

It's a really fucking weird, invasive & creepy thing to do. It's not normal. He shouldn't be in a position of power, it's that simple. He apparently has history for making female players uncomfortable as well. You lot will die on any shitbag's hill just to shout "woke" and "virtue signallers".
I don't like the woke crowd much either but fucking hell, this is hardly one of those instances. This is a slam dunk case of a slimy bastard who finally went too far and caught the public's attention.

The events after with his bonkers press conference, the attempted fake "correction" from Hermoso etc. only paint a picture of an unhinged nutter, if nothing else. Not someone whose words should have any credibility.

Also, if you find yourself defending any rapists or sexual assaulters it might be time to rethink your life choices.

Well since you're saying things that I didn't, sounds like I do need to point it out to you:

What is weird is that when a young female footballer alleges being sexually assaulted by her female team mates, no-one is held to account, yet an unwanted public kiss of a woman by a man causes world-wide outrage.
And what I said is that just because justice didn't happen in the case you raised doesn't mean that this fella shouldn't be held to account.

It's not a dig, it's just acknowledging reality. There's no point of hanging on to the vestiges of the past era when we didn't find any success then anyway.

It's cold. Ultimately Kane's goals have amounted to nothing. Therefore it's a fair point to raise.

Not sure how to take that last sentence. Guy’s been here for a couple of months and he thinks he’s got the license to disrespect a club legend?
How did he disrespect him?

Are you claiming that it WAS a successful era (the last few years)? Or that somehow Kane's performance now is still somehow relevant to Spurs?

I like Ange, i think he will be a good manager for us and its nice not to have a Mourinhio Nuno, Conte in charge but the hype is doing my head in a bit. No manager is a miracle worker and there are going to be ups and downs this season. Fans wanging on about Angeball this and that , the chanting for him which even he says he hasnt earnt, just think its all way too early to be building him up like this, it will only lead to absurd expectations of a fairly threadbare squad.

Morning folks. Long time lurker and decided to create and account. It’s been amazing seeing how you guys have taken to big Ange. Having followed Celtic for over 30 years, he’s probably the most iconic manager we’ve had in that time. It was short but after his first season it became apparent that he was destined for a bigger league. His brand of football is mental but it works. It’s an exciting time for your club and I truelly wish you guys all the success in the world. I’ve always looked out for Spurs results and would say they were my English team but definitely now. My youngest got his spurs kit through yesterday and is delighted. Keep the faith with Ange, there will be bumps along the way but trust the process and you guys will be in amazing place. Hopefully I’ll make it down for a game this season with the laddie. Best of luck today.

'Ange Postecoglou, Ange Postecoglou, he came to Tottenham on a kangaroo,
'He won it all in Scotland, but swapped it all for Tottenham...let's all sing for Ange Postecoglou.'

Saw this online to the tune of Waltzing Matilda.

View: https://twitter.com/LoveTheShirt/status/1694769964564070631

The fanbase seems the most engaged its been for years since the height of the Poch years, and we're just getting started. That's incredible.

All the next manager after Conte had to be was a normal bloke who wanted to be here. He had to play attractive football and not be a dick.

I like and Ange and am loving our start but the quality of the team and squad still concerns me and will be a huge factor in how we do. If we continue to fuck up the window and Romero gets suspended hand has to be replaced by Sanchez and Bissouma gets injured and has to be replaced by Hojbjerg and Richy continues to fire blanks then all of a sudden the manager will struggle big time and it probably wont be his fault.

Let's enjoy it right this minute because it could still go tits up pretty easily for him.

Back
Top Bottom