Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes great competing to win it is great but let’s take small steps in this project and bloody well try to do our best to be in it.
What he meant was qualifying is not the be all and end all and that he values progression as a team more. These things you would expect to come together although you can look at united this season to see that just qualifying doesn't necessarily mean you are on the right path.

That's not what he means.

What he is saying is that this club should be competing to win it, and not be like the 2/3rds of the teams who's goal is just to be in it.

At Celtic he said Celtic should be in the Champions League every season, I think the words were that Celtic belong in the Champions League.
Celtic should be in the CL but they don't belong there.

Lol.

The pro united propagandamediamachine will run and run with this.
They'll also talk about bringing Kane back england seeing as he may win nothing with Bayern.
As if United have more chance of silverware than them next season.
From what I've read Postecoglou doesn't have a release clause in his contract.

From what I've read Postecoglou doesn't have a release clause in his contract.

Correct. 4 year deal with no release clause. His people were trying for 5 years.

Clearly, he wants to be here long term and both parties agree on the aspirations and model.

My view is that we are building the squad to peak when City and Liverpool reach their rebuild stage. The next 2 seasons could be the time to strike and rise up.

Klopp Leaving
City Financials (and Pep leaving 2025)
United having to restart their rebuild.
Will Chelsea stick with Poch? I'd say he needs 2 more seasons to get them competitive.

The next couple of years could well be Spurs / Woolwich fighting at the top.

Back
Top Bottom