Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re. Poppies and Remembrance day, I don't remember it being so full on when I was a kid. At this rate, give it another 20 years and people won't be able to go infront of a camera without being dressed up in a full poppy mascot suit from head to toe. To say you can't make a harmless joke, what a load of bollocks. Turning into fucking America, be saying "thank you for your service" and "support the troops" every 5 minutes next.

Re. Poppies and Remembrance day, I don't remember it being so full on when I was a kid. At this rate, give it another 20 years and people won't be able to go infront of a camera without being dressed up in a full poppy mascot suit from head to toe. To say you can't make a harmless joke, what a load of bollocks. Turning into fucking America, be saying "thank you for your service" and "support the troops" every 5 minutes next.

It’s been like it for years and is just respectful. There’s many more things to get wound up about.

Recruitment has been awful. Conte would love the 2016/2017 team

Kane
Son Eriksen Sissoko
Dembele Dier
Rose Alder Verto Walker
Lloris

Now let's look at lineup vs Everton

Lloris, Romero, Dier, Davies, Royal, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Reguilon, Lucas Moura, Kane, Son

Who is an improvement?

Son and Kane not as good

Defence no way!

Midfield which should have been upgraded after Dembele left simply wasn't and Alli a shell of his old self.

A radical squad overhaul is needed and I think Poch would be the man.

Conte is better suited to a team with star power like in 2017

And this is all you had to say, the two aren't connected therefore we can learn to mourn an event and at the same time make light of our situation. :thumbup:
No, other way round: The two aren't connected, therefore using a photograph taken about ONE event, and turning it into a crass 'caption competition' about a totally separate event IS connecting them...

Which is why I said they are NOT connected, so best not to connect them in the first place, not use it as a reason to!

It's a photo of an Italian football manager observing a minute's silence for Armistice Day.... Connecting that with team formations or squad depth isn't relevant, surely you can see that?

No, other way round: The two aren't connected, therefore using a photograph taken about ONE event, and turning it into a crass 'caption competition' about a totally separate event IS connecting them...

Which is why I said they are NOT connected, so best not to connect them in the first place, not use it as a reason to!

It's a photo of an Italian football manager observing a minute's silence for Armistice Day.... Connecting that with team formations or squad depth isn't relevant, surely you can see that?

Yes quite, so if the two aren't connected then why are you making such a big thing of it, you're just actually agreeing with me lol, the two aren't connected therefore we can treat the two situatuons differently, one of respect, the other as a joke. You're the one seeing the connection here, not me therefore that isn' my problem, it's yours.

This isn’t a joke but a genuine question.
How many Remembrance Sunday’s are there this year? And why so many?
My grandad fought in the second war. My other grandparents fled Poland. It should never be forgotten but I do think it's getting longer and longer each year and in essence that will dilute the relevance. You'll get pelters for the post though. So will I presumably

My grandad fought in the second war. My other grandparents fled Poland. It should never be forgotten but I do think it's getting longer and longer each year and in essence that will dilute the relevance. You'll get pelters for the post though. So will I presumably
Agree about the dilution and the relevance

There is a 2 minute silence at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month. There were silences at all football grounds at the game nearest to the 11th.
We should never forget the ultimate sacrifice made by the serving military, IMO.
People know that. It's just the thought that it's getting pushed too far and diluting the true meaning of it. Christmas has long gone that way and this date is going the same way. Why does the home side have to reflect the 11th November when it's still October? Just lay wreaths when it's the fixture closest to the date be it home or away.

Read the room mate!
To be fair, so far 5 people laughed at the post, and 10 people responded positively to Shadydan Shadydan 's subsequent post saying that it's ok to laugh at ourselves sometimes etc, with neither having negative reactions, so it seems he did actually read the room fine.

Personally I get sick of people policing other people's humour. Most humour is based on bad things happening to people - right from Charie Chaplin through to Tom & Jerry, Fawlty Towers, You've Been Framed, Blackadder, the vast majority of comedy concerns negative things happening to people, and everyone has a different 'line' on what is right or wrong (expect those like me lucky enough not to have any 'line' at all, instead simply separating 'jokes' and 'real' - but I appreciate most people aren't capable of doing that). Invariably, someone who (for example) will say that the earlier 'joke' on here is inappropriate will then laugh at one or more of those examples I've listed above. My point isn't that they are the same - it's that most people have a line, all such lines are arbitrary, therefore anyone criticising anyone's else's 'line' is just so unnecessarily holier-than-thou and self-centred...

The two aren't connected.

Even IF we were absolute dogshit, making a joke about it, in comparison to War, is never appropriate.

Define 'harmless'....

I guess you're lucky (or young) enough to never have lost ANYONE in any conflict ever....? It's all just boring History books for you I assume... And good for you.

Imagine a World War in THIS day and age.... Half the people wouldn't know WHAT to do.... Except set up a GoFundMe page...
Though I'm sure the #prayforme insta-twat requests would be off the scale!!!!
But that wouldn't really help the war effort!
People should stop slagging off the younger generation. They will have a huge mess to sort out left by the older generations

This is where the climate change deniers can jump in and say their flat earth is not warming up

People should stop slagging off the younger generation. They will have a huge mess to sort out left by the older generations

This is where the climate change deniers can jump in and say their flat earth is not warming

Climate change most convenient theory extrapolated to the extreme.

In all the discussions about climate change, one thing is often overlooked – the upper atmosphere of Earth is actually cooling while the lower atmosphere grows warmer, and this strange paradox is a clear fingerprint of greenhouse gases at work.
Carbon dioxide in the lower atmosphere helps trap heat from the sun’s solar energy reflected off the Earth’s surface and so, like a greenhouse, the lower atmosphere grows warmer. But at high altitudes it is a different story, because the upper atmosphere is so thin that the carbon dioxide releases its energy into space and so the upper atmosphere cools. And that cooling is also making the upper atmosphere contract.

No one talk about that, or the numerous birds killed by wind turbines.

Like manyyyyyy things, climate change has been politicized and used by some very not nice people in positions of power

Back
Top Bottom