Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte was exactly right when he said we were very good without the ball tonight. We do really need to work on our play with the ball and I’m not sure the current crop of players are up to scratch. I trust Conte to maximize their potential though.
Our pressing looks so much better too. We really pressed Brentford well yesterday.

Today, Gazzetta dello Sport:

Conte

Conte, embraced at the end of the match by the technical director Fabio Paratici, draws up a balance sheet for the first month of work: «After four weeks I can only speak well of the players. They are showing will, commitment and dedication. It is important to focus on the sample because everything is still open. We have to enjoy the victory until midnight, but a second later we have to start thinking about Sunday's match, against Norwich, on the rise after the change of manager. We have to win the three points because it is the only way to stay close to the top of the standings. Kane? He doesn't bother me. He was in every offensive situation and was a constant point of reference. His contribution to the team is fundamental. Tottenham is the first thing we all have to think about ».

Looks like he is getting more out of the first 11 already, last night was a match where even if it was only moments you could definitely see what he is trying to get across to the players. Our pressing was much better and we seemed to do it for longer periods of the game.

It seems like pressing is something he wants the players to do on regular occasions but they can't do it for the whole game due to fitness. At the beginning of the second half the intensity was great, we really hunted the ball down more aggressively than in other parts on the match. That must have been an instruction from half time.

I copied and pasted from Google Translate to speed up the operation otherwise I would have to stop my job as an engineer and dedicate myself to the forum. Forgive inaccuracies

Today, Gazzetta dello Sport:

Conte

Conte, embraced at the end of the match by the technical director Fabio Paratici, draws up a balance sheet for the first month of work: «After four weeks I can only speak well of the players. They are showing will, commitment and dedication. It is important to focus on the sample because everything is still open. We have to enjoy the victory until midnight, but a second later we have to start thinking about Sunday's match, against Norwich, on the rise after the change of manager. We have to win the three points because it is the only way to stay close to the top of the standings. Kane? He doesn't bother me. He was in every offensive situation and was a constant point of reference. His contribution to the team is fundamental. Tottenham is the first thing we all have to think about ».

brumspur brumspur - What exactly do you disagree with here?

.....And why are you hitting peeps with the LOL button in the thread about that poor Yido lad's death?

I disagree with the fucking disagree button it is a pile of fucking shite if you disagree with a post reply to it or just disagree and keep it to yourself BUT what really pisses me off is all the tough keyboard warriors that get so fucking sensitive that someone might possible disagree with drivel they post in here

As has been stated many times strolling down messages on my phone means my fat thumb often hits a disagree button (and I am not the only one guilty of doing this ) - it well occasionally hit the agree button but no one ever whinges about being agreed with

I disagree with the fucking disagree button it is a pile of fucking shite if you disagree with a post reply to it or just disagree and keep it to yourself BUT what really pisses me off is all the tough keyboard warriors that get so fucking sensitive that someone might possible disagree with drivel they post in here

As has been stated many times strolling down messages on my phone means my fat thumb often hits a disagree button (and I am not the only one guilty of doing this ) - it well occasionally hit the agree button but no one ever whinges about being agreed with
Someone asks you why you disagree with a post, which seemed odd given the content, and in response you post this shite...my word who is sensitive?

nobfon2v2e381.jpg

I know he’s Italian and Catholic, but I found it amusing seeing him do the sign of the cross before the game on the Conte Cam, it feels appropriate before a Spurs game 😂

Not to spoil the party, and of course we were without both our starting wingbacks for most of the game...but man Norwich were marauding down the flanks whenever they wanted, not sure we had the tactics right.

Back
Top Bottom