Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Night and day difference to the 🦕

perfection GIF

I think it's more a personnel issue than a tactical one myself.
Yeah I mean the problems being Tanganga, Sessegnon and Doherty at the wingbacks is a bit of statements of the bleeding obvious.

Still, I don't think we should look at today as some great performance. Encouraging in possession though, particularly with the aforementioned garbage wingbacks

Very excited to see what Conte can do next season, after January and summer signings and a full pre-season of training them.

I think we will be a frustrating team to watch until then, too many sub-standard players trying to implement his system. Fortunately he is a good enough coach that he can probably get the team playing to more than the sum of its parts. Two or three good signings in January and Conte might be able to get us 4th place.

Yeah I mean the problems being Tanganga, Sessegnon and Doherty at the wingbacks is a bit of statements of the bleeding obvious.

Still, I don't think we should look at today as some great performance. Encouraging in possession though, particularly with the aforementioned garbage wingbacks
Well I also think awareness of the other players around them helps. If you see a player struggling hojbjerg should be coming over and the whole squad as a whole moves over too to plug the gap that hojbjerg then vacates in the middle. I don't think it's the most tactically aware squad right now but at this point he's getting results with what he's got.

Doesn't feel too early for us Antonio after the run of coaches we've had since Poch left
We 100% have a proper coach in Conte but I'm not getting the bunting out until we play some nice dominant football. I'm completely OK with the concept of not seeing this until next season and happy to see the improvements in many aspects of how we play.

We 100% have a proper coach in Conte but I'm not getting the bunting out until we play some nice dominant football. I'm completely OK with the concept of not seeing this until next season and happy to see the improvements in many aspects of how we play.
Wait until the transfer windows. He needs at least 2-3 good signings this window and needs to get rid of some dead weight. Hopefully he gets the money.

Levy has dropped so lucky after his post Poch bumbling around.

He really needs to listen to Antonio & sign off on the players that the manager & DOF choose, rather than bargain bucket alternatives.

If he fucks this appointment up by trying to be clever in the transfer market rather than just paying the required fees, then he really has nowhere left to hide.

Levy has dropped so lucky after his post Poch bumbling around.

He really needs to listen to Antonio & sign off on the players that the manager & DOF choose, rather than bargain bucket alternatives.

If he fucks this appointment up by trying to be clever in the transfer market rather than just paying the required fees, then he really has nowhere left to hide.

Good point, no-one's ever made this point before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom