Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The manner of meeting was great, just with the wrong people at the wrong time.

You've changed your tact: The wrong conversation being had by the wrong parties at the wrong time.

I guess what I'm asking is why was it the wrong conversation?

Neither of us know what was discussed.

As I also asked... How do yo kno if it was the first conversation of it's kind.

Kieran Trippier had already played 90 minutes for Newcastle by the time we’d resolved on this importance of his position, which we’d wind up failing to improve.

Well yeh; there are questions marks as to why we failed sign a RB.....

We don't have the answers to th question either yet.... If we ever will.

If Traore was genuinley 1st choice... Why was there no 2nd choice?

........A simple assessment would be that that's a scouting matter surely?

No it's not. Evidence suggests he won't have autonomy. The previous transfer windows suggests he doesn't.

Using previous behaviour to predict future is not disengenuous it's logical.

"it appears Paratici does not have autonomy."

That's not a prediction.

You've changed your tact: The wrong conversation being had by the wrong parties at the wrong time.

I guess what I'm asking is why was it the wrong conversation?

Neither of us know what was discussed.

As I also asked... How do yo kno if it was the first conversation of it's kind.

Well yeh; there are questions marks as to why we failed sign a RB.....

We don't have the answers to th question either yet.... If we ever will.

If Traore was genuinley 1st choice... Why was there no 2nd choice?

........A simple assessment would be that that's a scouting matter surely?
Yeah, not gonna bother responding to faux-reasonable “just asking questions” dullard pedanticism. Fuck off.

Absolutely pathetic post.

Stop acting up like a spoilt child

crying.gif

Embarassing scenes
Pun Reaction GIF

Conte has undoubtedly proved himself to be a championship winning manager when he’s had that level of players at his disposal. Graham Potter or Sean Dyche might fancy themselves as title winning managers if they were given charge of an elite squad of players.

What Conte has at his disposal at the moment is about mid table standard, not much better than what Graham Potter or Sean Dyche have to work with. That’s part of the art of management as well, getting the best out of what you have at your disposal.

Conte needs to stop sulking and cut his cloth accordingly for the rest of this season. January never a good time for serious recruiting. This summer has to be huge on the the recruitment front though.

My god.

Do people really think Conte didn't know what he was getting into? I know this level of overreaction has become a self-perpetuating circle jerk almost everywhere online now days, but this is type of stuff is honestly a little embarrassing. Imagine seeing supporters of any other team constantly bemoaning that their coach of three months is due to leave them any day. It's pathetic stuff and we'd be ripping the hell out of them if we saw it elsewhere.

It's been three months. Is Conte happy about where we are at the moment? Positively not. Is the club or the players? No. Maybe...just maybe...we could have a little more patience and not fucking cry everyday about Conte leaving us at any minute.
Not crying, I will be quite pleased

I don't think there's any fans wanting us to fail. Not one. They wouldn't be fans at all if they did.
Zomb do you still want us relegated so that enic fuck off ?

What's really embarrassing is that some "fans" want this club to lose games and get relegated rather than have Levy in charge.

Proper fans of the club

Who wants that?

I do, yeah. I fairly centrist when it comes to ENIC and Levy, I hate them but they have been no means terrible but we will never win things under their ‘leadership’.
Would I be ok with a season in the champ if we changed hands and were taken over by say Villa or Leicester owners? Hell yes. Medium term > short term

The bigger picture and longer term strategic outlook needs chairman and ownership review and buy in and then the actual football operation, which includes anything to do with any individual transfer window should be controlled with a free hand by football people.

So much of the dysfunction can be summed up by the widely reported meeting to agree upon a January transfer strategy between Levy, Paratici and Conte on January 10. The wrong conversation being had by the wrong parties at the wrong time.

Like you, I have absolutely zero faith in the club’s footballing strategy.

I cannot see how we lurch from Dias (presumably to play on the left, bumping Son to the right) to buying Dejan, who is half the speed, insanely one footed but being played on the right of a three.
Unless, of course, we intend to play him as a ten behind Kane. And if that’s the case, why aren’t we doing that now? Because we don’t have wingbacks?

Whoever is responsible for our RB situation should be up before The Hague for crimes against humanity.

I’m not someone who whinges about ENIC over finances. I think they do spend money. My problem is that they are grossly incompetent with that money.

And seriously, what is the fucking point of Gil??

Back
Top Bottom