Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it's just struck me that what if it's all been press/shitheads on twitter speculation and we actually haven't said a word to Conte?

Levy/Conte could be getting the blame for fucking up something that isn't actually happening in reality...

So it's just struck me that what if it's all been press/shitheads on twitter speculation and we actually haven't said a word to Conte?

Levy/Conte could be getting the blame for fucking up something that isn't actually happening in reality...
The more blame the cancerous growth gets, the better

What we need primarily is a squad rebuild around a core group of young players.

Conte is not going to provide that nor do I see him as a quality manager that can deliver top 4 against better squads (unless we exit all other competitions early enough for him to focus on only the league).

Conte is not going to provide that nor do I see him as a quality manager that can deliver top 4 against better squads (unless we exit all other competitions early enough for him to focus on only the league).
Suppose Jose is the answer? Why are you still here? Your Messiah is gone and you're not a spurs fan so ...why?

If we do get Conte as manager I reckon we should all wear wigs to the first home game to show our support for him!
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Conte is not looking for a pay check. He is an ambitious man and very proud. I like that he is supposedly asking a lot from levy and the club to take the job. We don’t need another charlatan who tells levy that the squad is great just to get the job
Kane and transfer funds would have been the first things Conte's agent would have inquired about, so I highly doubt its an issue now - but it makes for a good story. Again, I think a lot of this is posturing.

Also, the club spent £200m+ on players the last 2 years, which is similar to what Inter spent, so I don't think the funding is the issue as much as other backroom details.

If we had just closed out victories against dross like Everton, Newcastle, Fulham and Wolves we would already be in the top 4 despite our flawed squad.

And?

What if man never walked on the moon?

My sources are telling me this is off guys, dont do it to yourselves . Potter will be announced Monday, he has a war chest of £3M after the sale of Kane.

If we had just closed out victories against dross like Everton, Newcastle, Fulham and Wolves we would already be in the top 4 despite our flawed squad.
The games are played in the context of the moment and are not independent of each other, with past results influencing the next game. Basing arguments on ifs about specific games is simply naive hindsight through rose tinted glasses. After all same argument could be applied tosome other games we won.

More importantly, that was last season and what matters is the coming season or do you think Liverpool will have another injury riddled season and think Leicester will regress?

Back
Top Bottom