Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the fact that he played the same team as last season. The players realize they have competition and need to step their game up. Also good to see us play well without being over reliant on Kane and Son. Squad depth will be crucial this season with 5 subs and we've already started by beating a team that beat us at home last season with the same XI.
Long time lurker first time poster, but hey, new season and all that.
Have to admit I felt a twinge of disappointment when I saw the team news yesterday and none of our new signings were starting. Think it’s just human nature to want to get your shiny new toys out the box as quickly as possible and a lesser manager might have done this, but Conte is different gravy.

Everything is so considered; he’s rewarded the players who rose to the top four challenge last season, but he’s still got them looking over their shoulders at our new bench that’s now massively improved. And the new boys now understand that they are going to have to fight for their place. The results should only be positive for us. Conte is pulling all the strings now and I love it. Excited to see how team selection evolves as the other competitions start.

Have to admit I felt a twinge of disappointment when I saw the team news yesterday and none of our new signings were starting. Think it’s just human nature to want to get your shiny new toys out the box as quickly as possible and a lesser manager might have done this, but Conte is different gravy.

Everything is so considered; he’s rewarded the players who rose to the top four challenge last season, but he’s still got them looking over their shoulders at our new bench that’s now massively improved. And the new boys now understand that they are going to have to fight for their place. The results should only be positive for us. Conte is pulling all the strings now and I love it. Excited to see how team selection evolves as the other competitions start.
Keeps everyone on their toes . Just what we need

When we appointed Poch, I wasn't sure about his capabilities and credentials to make us a top team, and it took time for him to establish himself and his team. Even though we played some incredible football and came so close to winning something significant, we stumbled at the last hurdle and became a 'nearly' team.
However, when we signed Antonio, we knew that we had captured one of the best coaches in the world, and he has transformed the team in a relatively short space of time. Let's see what we can achieve with a full pre-season, board backing and a little bit of luck (we all need that).

Would like a contract extension 2years maybe, yes I know not worth the paper they’re written on and yes I know guy like Conte we need him more than he needs us but shows our intent that we believe in him and he thinks, well I could do something here the club/Enic/Levy did as he asked got strength in depth so fairs fair.

Welcome. Solid start. Totally agree. The new toys need to oust the incumbents. They've earned that right.

When we appointed Poch, I wasn't sure about his capabilities and credentials to make us a top team, and it took time for him to establish himself and his team. Even though we played some incredible football and came so close to winning something significant, we stumbled at the last hurdle and became a 'nearly' team.
However, when we signed Antonio, we knew that we had captured one of the best coaches in the world, and he has transformed the team in a relatively short space of time. Let's see what we can achieve with a full pre-season, board backing and a little bit of luck (we all need that).
I was very much anti-Poch at the start.
I saw him as yet another AVB "I have a 4231 philosophy" clipboard cock.
I was of course mostly wrong. Although the 4231 was still a staple.

Conte Cam up on youtube and Spursplay.

Star Wars Salute GIF

Conte loves having the odds against his team, even when it's just in his narrative and not exactly based in reality. That's because if you have the odds against you, you must give it your all and show extraordinary effort to succeed. So it works wonders for team motivation and productivity because you feel like the heroes of the story.

Back
Top Bottom