Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good insights; Horncastle is always well-informed about Italian football. Regarding the blatantly clickbait title on the thumbnail, you obviously are your own very different club and Conte has also changed a bit since the time he was with us. For one, he's become more and more assertive and loud about what he wants from the club's management. At this point in time though, anyone appointing him knows exactly what they're getting and shouldn't be surprised. One of the things he still carries with him from Juve (and always will) is our motto: "winning is not important, it's the only thing that matters." He will never chase anything but victory.

Looking forward to this season but I won't lie I'm a bit worried about his CL form, he's only won one k.o tie as a coach and his win percentage in the comp is around 30%

Looking forward to this season but I won't lie I'm a bit worried about his CL form, he's only won one k.o tie as a coach and his win percentage in the comp is around 30%
That's an ever-present thorn in his side. I've always wondered if it's because he's a single-race man, in the sense that he pours so much of his focus and preparation into winning one competition that he's not able to properly compete on multiple fronts. That, or his methods are too intense to be able to work when matches are too frequent. I don't know, hope he'll break that trend sooner or later.

That's an ever-present thorn in his side. I've always wondered if it's because he's a single-race man, in the sense that he pours so much of his focus and preparation into winning one competition that he's not able to properly compete on multiple fronts. That, or his methods are too intense to be able to work when matches are too frequent. I don't know, hope he'll break that trend sooner or later.
I think that it is a bit of both. He seems to get laser focused on one title and that combined with his physical demands probably means that they team ends up focusing on just one competition to go all in on.

But that is of course just armchair analysis.

I think the WC break will wonders for Conte. Time for a little recharge. Probably good for the players as well.
We will have quite a few players at the World Cup and a lot of them have a decent chance of getting out of the group stage.

Lloris, Romero, Kane, Davies, Bentancur, Richarlison, Hojberg, Son, Emerson, Lenglet, Perisic, maybe Moura ... not counting Rodon or Lo Celso in this.

It's strange as because his tactics are well suited to European ties, all that soaking up pressure and countering in transition - He got to the final with Inter in Europa mainly because from the QF's they were playing the K.O tournament during Covid.

Seems like he likes to have his players a full week and fully focused on one match, must be his training methods and management style or something.

Conte is so intense it must exhaust both him and the players mentally. My point was , that a break from that intensity will do everyone good. And then get back to winning the quadruple.

FaI3Go-WYAI_IBw

I am in love with a man, and his name is Antonio Conte.

What a match. Conte showing tactical smarts today. This game will be huge for the team psychologically.

I think some of the aggro was normal in a tense London derby but Conte will have played it up a bit to get his team riled up and set an example.

Let’s fucking go

It'll get rescinded
Hopefully, but I don't expect the red cards to be rescinded.

Every football fan in the country luvved it.

But the PL will get all prim and proper to discourage other coaches from having touchline barneys.

That said, compared with peak Mourinho's slide down the Old Trafford line, Tuchel's gangly canter was utterly embarrassing. He deserves a 10 match ban just for that.

Whilst our players will be watching clips of Conte squaring up to Tuchel and luvving it.

Back
Top Bottom