Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

love this guy, want him here for a long time

a contract extension would be bigger then even kane signing
The problem is guys with big personalities like Conte usually wear out their welcome. Enjoy it while it lasts. I hope he stays at Spurs for a while and wins a lot but realistically I don’t think he will be here for more than a couple more years at most.

Last edited:
Early fixtures, still integrating our new signings, and honestly a pretty rough performance today.

But it’s the effort, spirit, and belief you can build on from today.

The tactics and squad will improve but that spirit and effort are immense signs of the season to come.

Now that Conte has more pieces to play with, I was encouraged by his willingness to throw out his 3-4-3 and switch to 4-2-4 to enable Richarlison to add physicality and energy through the middle.

Clearly we got done for the chavs' second goal because both our CBs moved over to the right as if we were playing with 3 CBs, not 2, and this left Davies overloaded. Conte perhaps should have switched back to 3-4-3 once we equalized.

But if we are going to play with Kane & Richarlison up front, and some combination of Deki, Sonny, Perisic etc out wide, perhaps with an orthodox FB behind them, then I 100% trust Conte to sort the defensive problems out on the training ground.

Just as he said we would be working on zonal defending at set pieces.

It was the second game of the season, new players are learning Conte's demands and he's learning about them.

We showed great spirit. Our players will take far more from that comeback than the chavs. And Conte showed he is willing to explore different tactical approaches.

Fundamental game not so much for the points (if you lost it was not a drama) but to give awareness to the team. Resuming a game at '96 at Stamford Bridge means growing up. Great character and numerous variations.

PS
Richarlison is clearly separated from birth with Eminem

The problem is guys with big personalities like Conte usually wear out their welcome. Enjoy it while it lasts. I hope he stays he at Spurs for a while and wins a lot but realistically I don’t think he will be here for more than a couple more years at most.
It is true but at these levels the tension rises. Another team would have given up thinking that 2-1 at SB is not male. Conte pushed his team to try to the last.

We still do as evidenced today. James was totally unmarked on a wingback overload- bread and butter attack from a back 3 formation.

I think we were just generally out of position after the turnover. I thought we were just slop with the ball in general outside of the first 5-10 mins. Couldn’t get any control of the game.

Yeah the changes was very late. Conte is not a fan of doing early changes. He knows the reason for that.
I think his idea was to be able to withstand Chelsea pressure and if we get something good, and finish them in the second half, when they get tired. It didn't work, cause we get stupid goals, thanks to Emerson taking a nap on their corner. But second half they were a bit tired, and they didn't have the same pressure.

Still i would have love to see 3 subs half time. Anyway i hope next match we will see Bissouma and Perisic from the get going. Maybe even Richarlison, and Spence at the bench.

I loved the fact that he changed it up to a 4-4-2. It was a game of chess today. Tuchel set up his team much better, but Conte adapted, and when Tuchel switched it up, Conte followed. MY FUCKING MANAGER!

I loved the fact that he changed it up to a 4-4-2. It was a game of chess today. Tuchel set up his team much better, but Conte adapted, and when Tuchel switched it up, Conte followed. MY FUCKING MANAGER!

Was more of the 424 that he'd sometime revert to when managing Italy. He actually started his managerial career at Juventus playing 424 but Vidal became such a vital player that he reverted to the 352 he's most famous for.

c51cf4a6525f9504d13645c3b4ab3fcf.png

I think i'm in love

:contekiss:

Back
Top Bottom