Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. If you're not going to give a top chef the ingredients he needs, he isn't going to make you the food a high demanding fanbase desires.
we might not be shopping in waitrose for ingredients but we are getting served up a cold happy meal. funny enough we got ronald mcdonald in goal.

we might not be shopping in waitrose for ingredients but we are getting served up a cold happy meal. funny enough we got ronald mcdonald in goal.
What baffles me most about Conte is that he changed the system Chelsea were playing, when it clearly wasn't working, after a handful of poor results.

He sticks with the 3-4-3 at Spurs no matter what.

He doesn’t. He has a clear system that needs certain types of players, it’s like hiring Pep and asking him to play more direct. You either get him the players that work for his system or you don’t get him and we miss at least 4 players for the starting XI that make his team work.

This was known from the start, all of these things where said when we hired him. Conte is just being Conte, he isn’t suddenly going to play 4231 Poch system. If we are going to be a mess squad wise then we need to hire managers who are more felaxible, issue is these managers who are good with average players don’t tend to win things, ie Redknapp.

All of this is on the club not understanding what managers and what players go together and pairing them correctly. We don’t think long term football wise and the last 4-5 years show that. We will get a new manager and this will repeat again and again.
Conte always was and is a short term manager. He is being backed but these things take time as he himself said. And then we come to the conumdrum with his contract and do we keep trying to back a manager who doesn't have long left and is playing dire turgid losing football.
Personally I prefer a manager we can plan around but it doesn't feel if Conte will ever be that man. I honestly don't know where we go from here.

Conte always was and is a short term manager. He is being backed but these things take time as he himself said. And then we come to the conumdrum with his contract and do we keep trying to back a manager who doesn't have long left and is playing dire turgid losing football.
Personally I prefer a manager we can plan around but it doesn't feel if Conte will ever be that man. I honestly don't know where we go from here.

The only way it would have worked is for a Big Bang transfer window, it didn’t happen. We where never spending £400m in one go.

The club needs an actual plan, we have none it’s all short term opportunism. Until that changes the club is fucked:

What i dont get is when Chelsea lost 3-0 to Woolwich in 2016 he changed system. We've conceded first in 10 games on the spin, 7 league games on the trot let in 2 or more and yet its the same thing, same system game in game out. Totally stubborn and inflexible.

To be fair he had more players to change system. I also get the horrible feeling he has checked out as he thinks it is a losing battle.

What i dont get is when Chelsea lost 3-0 to Woolwich in 2016 he changed system. We've conceded first in 10 games on the spin, 7 league games on the trot let in 2 or more and yet its the same thing, same system game in game out. Totally stubborn and inflexible.
He’s clearly a very stubborn, even petty man.

But he also clearly thinks some of our players are absolutely fucking useless.

Conte has spoken to the BBC ahead of this press conference​

"In the first half we played with good intensity. We didn't concede anything and we found a team that defended too deep and then we conceded this goal and then the confidence dropped for my players.

"We have to know that our life is this. We have to fight every game for one point or for three points. This is the truth, especially when you are without two or three important players and have difficulties.

"We have different characteristics. We don't have many players who are really good to beat the man. We don't have many creative players in our team. For sure today was really difficult to find space in the first half.

"I'm sure that if we don't concede the goal, we could win the game instead. The goal that we conceded killed us in confidence and in many situations for sure. You have to try and improve and develop these players and especially young players to be even stronger."

On conceding first again: "We have conceded the first goal and for sure we try to play to score goals. There is an opponent like you that can score during the game. We understand very well that the league will be really really difficult for us.

"We have to try to recover all the [injured] players and then we have to know that in every game we have to fight and show that we are strong. The league will be very difficult for us.

"I want to be honest, I want to be very clear. I have said this to the club, I have said my opinions. The fans deserve the best. Maybe to stay in 5th is the best. Maybe 6th, 7th, 5th or 4th is the best."

Back
Top Bottom