Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

I'm sure they'll spend a few days trying to put together some proposal for Conte, I think we'd have a decent chance if City, Chelsea and Liverpool weren't shaping up to be very strong for the next few years. Some hope, but I fear we'll waste another few days trying to convince him of a half-baked spending plan dependant on sales that mightn't happen.

Just saw the Romano interview with Chris Cowlin. Why does Levy not want him to bring his staff? The current coaching staff and model Levy has in place must not be that amazing given the shit served up on the pitch. Definitely penny pinching.

Just saw the Romano interview with Chris Cowlin. Why does Levy not want him to bring his staff? The current coaching staff and model Levy has in place must not be that amazing given the shit served up on the pitch. Definitely penny pinching.

It's always penny pinching with Levy. Like Poch said, aiming high is about being brave and spending money, filling our "amazing house" with furniture to match.

Levy is still trying to operate the way he did 10 years go as if we are still a minnow team stuck in a tiny stadium. We played in the CL for 4 straight seasons and reached a final. We have the fanciest stadium and training facilities in the world. We have two of the best forwards in the world and one of the best goalkeepers. We play in the most-watched league, we are the 8th richest team in the world. What is the point in all that if we are not going to bring our coaching and playing staff up to the same standard?

We could have fucked off the stadium, stayed at WHL and spent all that money on top players and maybe we'd have won some trophies in the last 5 years. I'd rather that than play Europa Conference in a half-full mega-stadium with no Kane and Roberto Martinez in the dugout, no trophies to show for all that hassle.

I still believe this could happen, Conte is an enigma and Levy is a stubborn man - this may all be for negotiating tactics.

Levy would have to swallow his pride to make this happen, he will never do it. He briefed all the media making a big noise that we walked away from talks because Conte's demands were unreasonable (but reasonable for any top club). He's not going to go back and grovel. He'll just find someone cheaper.

It's always penny pinching with Levy. Like Poch said, aiming high is about being brave and spending money, filling our "amazing house" with furniture to match.

Levy is still trying to operate the way he did 10 years go as if we are still a minnow team stuck in a tiny stadium. We played in the CL for 4 straight seasons and reached a final. We have the fanciest stadium and training facilities in the world. We have two of the best forwards in the world and one of the best goalkeepers. We play in the most-watched league, we are the 8th richest team in the world. What is the point in all that if we are not going to bring our coaching and playing staff up to the same standard?

We could have fucked off the stadium, stayed at WHL and spent all that money on top players and maybe we'd have won some trophies in the last 5 years. I'd rather that than play Europa Conference in a half-full mega-stadium with no Kane and Roberto Martinez in the dugout, no trophies to show for all that hassle.
Bingo.

Previously when he could save money by furloughing the staff he was all over it. Now when Conte wants to bring new people in he can't possibly shake up our structure and not be loyal to our people (which is rich considering he just back stabbed Hitchen).

It's always about saving money.

Back
Top Bottom