Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think the other options are more than 10% better and many are nowhere near as experienced.
Most of the players you've replaced others with are not internationals and haven't played much PL football at all.
Good

The internationals and PL performers have played more than enough for me to make an assessment on them - shit

Good

The internationals and PL performers have played more than enough for me to make an assessment on them - shit
They're not internationals because they don't get called up because they're not good enough. It's the catch 22, if your squad is good, they get called up.

Got it all wrong mate. One was trying his best to get us out of Europe. The other one was trying his best to get us in. Farage would just have the wrong end of the stick as a footy manager. 😉

I think Timmy is actually a remainer (perhaps it suits his business interests?), but he def. prefered ver good ol' Bwitish lads.

This would be prime Levy, miss out by being a tight ***t and watch our rivals get even stronger

Did you even read the other article you posted?

Tony says it wasn't about money.

So which is it? Are you calling Conte a liar now?

(......I still don't believe that we could have afforded to sustain his trf kitty desires, but you're the one posting the articles.)

Did you even read the other article you posted?

Tony says it wasn't about money.

So which is it? Are you calling Conte a liar now?

(......I still don't believe that we could have afforded to sustain his trf kitty desires, but you're the one posting the articles.)
Salary and money are 2 different things and you know exactly that that lack of ambition was.

Salary and money are 2 different things and you know exactly that that lack of ambition was.

I wanna know what YOU think.... You're the one giving off mixed signals, other than the fact you obviously wanna mug Levy off.

Let's not hide behind language here "ambition" only ever means trf funds to the modern football fan (and manager for that matter).

I've already stated exactly what I think the stumbling block was and stand by it.

.......Funny how the fantasy BS about not letting him bring some of his backroom staff has dried up though (or is that what YOU mean by "ambition"?).

EDIT: Must admit, I am curious as to who these smaller clubs are that he's managed in the last decade though:

Rbh5mB.png

Last edited:
Correct.
19/20
In (euros)
Lukaku 65m (sold for excess of 100m euros)
Lazaro 22m
Politano 20m
Radu 12m
Eriksen 20m
Few smaller signings

Out
Icardi 50m
Barbosa 17m
Few others coming to further 35m ish

Went from 4th to 2nd

20/21

In
Hakimi 40m (sold for more)
Barella 25m
Sebsu 20n
Few smaller signings

Out 26ish million worth

Went from 2nd to 1st

Not sure why people think Conte spent Inter into trouble. He spent what now looks like sensible money on players that won them the title for the first time in a decade on players who have made them a profit since.

Thanks, so 100M Euro over 2 seasons, isn't exactly Man City/Chelsea/PSG levels as most would have people believe.

I think over 38 games we're behind the established top 4, everton, leicester. west ham, Woolwich, villa, leeds, and possibly even palace.
I would even throw Wolves in who were the oposite of us earlier on, where they lost games but played superb football and were bad misses away from thrashing teams. Including us.

You forgot Brighton. Think you are stretching things though here.

We had a bonafide chance to appoint a winner at the peak of his powers and cheaped out on a vastly inferior 20th choice

Pretty much sums up this clubs strategy over the last 20 years

No wonder we never win anything

I honestly think we’ve been handicapped by some championship level wankers like PEH, Lucas, Winks, Dier, Sanchez etc. These shitters have killed us

Any player you don't rate is a "wanker"?

You could at least try to be a little bit less toxic you know.....

Back
Top Bottom