Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

conte would be a short term fix but he would not allow those currently wearing our shirt to continue to shame our club, only a few seasons ago we were established as a top 4 club, this season we may not even be in the top 4 in london, chelsea, spam, woolwich will all be above us we are now closer to palace and brentford, this is the worst ever spurs side i can remember, kane has to take a lot of the blame and should be sold asap

I put this report through Google Translate'

''l Tottenham è al lavoro per Antonio Conte. Avviati i contatti tra le parti. Si cerca un’intesa che potrebbe anche arrivare nelle prossime ore. Spurs pronti alla svolta. Espirito Santo traballa. Sono ore calde. E Paratici punta forte su Conte''

''Tottenham is hard at work for Antonio Conte. Contacts between the parties have begun. An agreement is sought that could also arrive in the next few hours. Spurs ready for the turning point. Espirito Santo wobbles. These are hot hours. And Paratici is betting strongly on Conte''

If reports are true and were finally going to go all out for Conte then that's exactly the turnaround needed.

Levy wouldn't dare tell Conte and Paratici they're wrong about a football decision

Not that i think it will happen but whilst he is clearly a brilliant manager it strikes me as another really poor fit. We need a manager that is going to be here 3, 4 or more seasons that plays good football and can work to a budget. A proper start from scratch coach, not another short term sticking plaster. For me its obvious its a ten Hag or Potter type. Conte would obviously be a huge step up from where we currently are but him and Levy, how long will that last?

Not that i think it will happen but whilst he is clearly a brilliant manager it strikes me as another really poor fit. We need a manager that is going to be here 3, 4 or more seasons that plays good football and can work to a budget. A proper start from scratch coach, not another short term sticking plaster. For me its obvious its a ten Hag or Potter type. Conte would obviously be a huge step up from where we currently are but him and Levy, how long will that last?
As long as he gets the team working to it's potential which he likely will.

have to agree can't see it lasting more than 2yrs, and back to point zero again
would like it to hapen to get us back to a winning team

It doesn't stack up for Conte to come to us he would be asking for way too much between transfer funds control over team etc for our esteemed chairman to agree to .I agree we need someone who would stay a few years and be able to develop players plus astute signings .Conte does not fill that and impossible to see him working with Levy .

Quite possibly but he's a massively combustible personality, more so than Mourinho. If he doesnt get what he's promised in January or next summer (spolier...he won't), then he's the type that will just walk and rightly so.
maybe that is what we need a manager who is not here for just the money (these guys are millionaire they don't need to stay here for money, (have some kind of backbone)

maybe that is what we need a manager who is not here for just the money (these guys are millionaire they don't need to stay here for money, (have some kind of backbone)
Look he's a top manager and he wants to win at all costs. But he'll be working with Levy who isnt fussed about winning and wants the least cost possible. I'll be excited if he does get appointed but i'm just saying it will only last between 3 and 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom