Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree I am delighted with Conte , fantastic news

However I will not credit ENIC or Levy with this

its like a mate saying I borrowed your car and crashed it into a wall , I then reversed and crashed it into the wall 3 more times
Then thanking him for calling the AA to tow it to the garage
Oi the car analogies are mine, and I have patented them.

No it’s more like your mate replacing your banger with a Taycan Cross Tourismo Turbo S

Conte: My philosophy is simple.

I did try telling them Antonio, but they called me (and therefore you) a clueless cunt
It’s a simple game

See how simple football is

Football is simple

It can be very difficult, but that doesn’t mean the game isn’t a simple one.

Footballers are just blokes who want to have fun out there.
Said it before it’s a simple game.

:harrylol:

Fans I think have the best perspective of whether a manager will be a success or not. With Nuno many fans knew right away it was a hopeless appointment. With Jose there was room for hope and patience but we got exactly what we expected to get frankly. Same with Villas-Boas earlier. Poch was a surprise in so far as he took us further than we expected, we got a bit of what we had seen as Southampton but he turned out to be better yet. Harry Redknapp, I think there was some doubt about but those who had followed him at Pompey knew he would make us a lot better and he did. Basically, the fans have a pretty good idea of how each manager will turn out, even if fans try to be optomistic and hope a limited manager will turn out to be a bit better than expected.

Conte is not a limited manager. He isn't anything like Nuno. He isn't someone with some ability but who has failed elsewhere like Villas-Boas had. He isn't someone promising like Poch who might turn out to be better than expected but has not done it before. He isn't like Jose who was once amazing but has lost it, whatever it is. He isn't even about to turn into that either, those managers lose it on the way out of a place, not at the new place and Conte just had success at Inter.

Not everyone will agree but the situation is closest to Redknapp for me than any of the others. Not the same of course, Conte is in a different league for sure, but like Redknapp he knows his own mind, he will improve players, and will take charge and he has the experience to know he can do it, and how. I enjoyed Redknapp as our manager, it was exciting. But as I say Conte is in a different league.

What I can see, and I think other fans can see, is that Conte is the perfect manager for us right now, in the mess that we have made for ourselves, and he is capable of not only improving us and making it exciting again, but of elevating us, getting into the dna of the club, and creating not just belief (as Poch did) but something more tantible and real and certain. We are going to win things with Conte, this is the last step that we could never take before, and our club is never going to be the same again.

Fans I think have the best perspective of whether a manager will be a success or not. With Nuno many fans knew right away it was a hopeless appointment. With Jose there was room for hope and patience but we got exactly what we expected to get frankly. Same with Villas-Boas earlier. Poch was a surprise in so far as he took us further than we expected, we got a bit of what we had seen as Southampton but he turned out to be better yet. Harry Redknapp, I think there was some doubt about but those who had followed him at Pompey knew he would make us a lot better and he did. Basically, the fans have a pretty good idea of how each manager will turn out, even if fans try to be optomistic and hope a limited manager will turn out to be a bit better than expected.

Conte is not a limited manager. He isn't anything like Nuno. He isn't someone with some ability but who has failed elsewhere like Villas-Boas had. He isn't someone promising like Poch who might turn out to be better than expected but has not done it before. He isn't like Jose who was once amazing but has lost it, whatever it is. He isn't even about to turn into that either, those managers lose it on the way out of a place, not at the new place and Conte just had success at Inter.

Not everyone will agree but the situation is closest to Redknapp for me than any of the others. Not the same of course, Conte is in a different league for sure, but like Redknapp he knows his own mind, he will improve players, and will take charge and he has the experience to know he can do it, and how. I enjoyed Redknapp as our manager, it was exciting. But as I say Conte is in a different league.

What I can see, and I think other fans can see, is that Conte is the perfect manager for us right now, in the mess that we have made for ourselves, and he is capable of not only improving us and making it exciting again, but of elevating us, getting into the dna of the club, and creating not just belief (as Poch did) but something more tantible and real and certain. We are going to win things with Conte, this is the last step that we could never take before, and our club is never going to be the same again.
What’s the jist of this Jan, can’t be bothered

Actually John, i have criticised Levy and you know that and i didnt want Nuno, but supported him until it became obvious it was over.

But you know John, there are more important things in life than arguing with a snivelling snide like you. My wife had a radical hysterectomy last week, unfortunately she contracted pneumonia, got a blood clot on her lung and for the third time in 12 months got sepsis..... she's been at deaths door and I've had to, as well as work, run a house with 3 kids, dogs, cats and also in my spare time take care of her father who is COPD pathway..... and since I had covid end of August, I've had pneumonia and last week I had the flu. My wife's had 3 years of shit, cancer, chemo, endometriosis, as well as dealing with lupus.

But do you know what John, she's kept going and kept smiling I've kept going, kept a smile on my face, kept loving the things I love in life, kept supporting the team I love through thick and thin and when something like this happened today I've fucking celebrated and I'll admit had a few beers at the pub.... what do you celebrate aside from the odd agree you get to your snidey shit you post.

Spurs has been one of the things that's kept me going ..... through all this shit. I'm still a positive, pro active, driven person John, always will be, I love life, love my family, love Spurs....

I wish you could have what I have John, I'm the lucky one...... I'm glad I'm not a miserable fucker like you. Most people get to a point in life where they realise for them to be happy in themselves they need to delete negative cunts like you from there lives ..... so John, please do me a favour and fuck off you miserable snidey Gooner cunt.
Hope your wife gets better soon mate 🤞

Making my marmite on toast just now. Call me superstitious, but I only think it's a bloomin' sign, don't I...

3pqKR2P.jpg

Actually John, i have criticised Levy and you know that and i didnt want Nuno, but supported him until it became obvious it was over.

But you know John, there are more important things in life than arguing with a snivelling snide like you. My wife had a radical hysterectomy last week, unfortunately she contracted pneumonia, got a blood clot on her lung and for the third time in 12 months got sepsis..... she's been at deaths door and I've had to, as well as work, run a house with 3 kids, dogs, cats and also in my spare time take care of her father who is COPD pathway..... and since I had covid end of August, I've had pneumonia and last week I had the flu. My wife's had 3 years of shit, cancer, chemo, endometriosis, as well as dealing with lupus.

But do you know what John, she's kept going and kept smiling I've kept going, kept a smile on my face, kept loving the things I love in life, kept supporting the team I love through thick and thin and when something like this happened today I've fucking celebrated and I'll admit had a few beers at the pub.... what do you celebrate aside from the odd agree you get to your snidey shit you post.

Spurs has been one of the things that's kept me going ..... through all this shit. I'm still a positive, pro active, driven person John, always will be, I love life, love my family, love Spurs....

I wish you could have what I have John, I'm the lucky one...... I'm glad I'm not a miserable fucker like you. Most people get to a point in life where they realise for them to be happy in themselves they need to delete negative cunts like you from there lives ..... so John, please do me a favour and fuck off you miserable snidey Gooner cunt.

I hope things get better for you and the Mrs mate.

I have been disparaging about focussing on facilities and stadium but i'm struggling to believe a manager of conte's profile would have joined us at the old lane and the lodge. Maybe Levys got a plan.

Last edited:
I have spoken been disparaging about focussing on facilities and stadium but i'm struggling to believe a manager of conte's profile would have joined us 10-15 years ago. Maybe Levys got a plan.
Well that’s a good point.
Facilities FC and all the rest of it, but don’t tell me our infrastructure isn’t starting to pay off

No pleasing some people...
I never said I am not pleased, I said I am delighted with Conte, but let’s not pretend it is all part of some Don Levy masterplan . He has overseen a cataclysmic screw up over the last 3 years , he has booted out a guy he should never have hired to appease a restless fan base .

I genuinely believe Conte is an amazing hire, but he will need backing. If Levy backs him next 3 windows I will happily say well done. If he doesn’t, well let’s not think about that .

First time I've been on since Monday

and Wow. We actually have an elite manager. Mourinho was a has-been. Conte is the now and he is a top top manager.

So excited for the future of our club and you can tell the fans/players/club members so happy. Its bought a real boost and hopefully it gets us all going in the same direction again.

Back
Top Bottom