Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This coach Conte is different. Only 3rd game watching him in action for me but he's won a game with Dier Davis and Winks on the pitch at same time??

This is unbelievable feat already and to me a sign of a special manager. Poch did many times back in the days but it is totally different settings now without Jen Toby Dembelle Ericksen and with a third of Kane?

This has to be the last chance for Levy. Get him a few players he wants asap

Who here is in love with Conte already ?

comedy central yes GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I support the football club. I would rather leave it toMr Conte to choose the players he believes in and get fully behind him and them. That said you won’t see me slagging off any individual player while he represents THFC
You just called them a shower of shit that needs clearing out.

But we’ll done for keeping it collective

Better to slag off a whole unnamed group than say a name right

:adethumbup:

Apologies if the PC has has been posted before...

It's interesting how he takes responsibility for the tactics in the first half, recognising it needed changing. So while people are railing against their scapegoats of choice, it's worth remembering that the boss is pretty much saying that he had a poor first half along with the players.

I think it boils down to the fact that he has always performed. No one can doubt him. Anything anyone throws at him can be batted straight back over the bowlers head for six, if not out of the stadium. He doesn't have a failure on his CV. Lets all pray together that Spurs isn't the first crack in his resumé.

Full on Conte love.
:adesalute:

Playing devils advocate - he hasn't traditionally done much in Europe.

Oh what I would give to have been a fly on the wall during the halftime talk.
You'd have got an Italian leather shoe up your arse too I suspect.

I think a lot of our players are still off the pace with fitness but we now have a few weeks of no international tedium.
Reason I say this is Reguilon was panting in his post match interview even though he came off 20+ minutes beforehand.

Just watching an interview and he said what I was thinking during the match - we had no chance of matching Leeds for 90 minutes due to our physical condition. Maybe it was a choice to be passive and stand off in the first half, let them use up some of their energy and then make the most of it.

Just watching an interview and he said what I was thinking during the match - we had no chance of matching Leeds for 90 minutes due to our physical condition. Maybe it was a choice to be passive and stand off in the first half, let them use up some of their energy and then make the most of it.

First half I'm guessing you were thinking about all the negative shit you were going to post after the game
Second half I'm guessing you were thinking.... thinking..... thinking .... thinking ..... went for a dump

Makes me sick how a group of top-tier professional athletes who earn millions of pounds a year aren’t anywhere near peak physical condition.

They must take responsibility but it begs the question, what the actual fuck was Nuno doing with them? Same with Mourinho.

This coach Conte is different. Only 3rd game watching him in action for me but he's won a game with Dier Davis and Winks on the pitch at same time??

This is unbelievable feat already and to me a sign of a special manager. Poch did many times back in the days but it is totally different settings now without Jen Toby Dembelle Ericksen and with a third of Kane?

This has to be the last chance for Levy. Get him a few players he wants asap
To be fair
Davies is not looking bad in this position

First half I'm guessing you were thinking about all the negative shit you were going to post after the game
Second half I'm guessing you were thinking.... thinking..... thinking .... thinking ..... went for a dump
I was at the game and tbh, without commentary and stats, it didn't feel quite as bad as everyone made out.
First 10 minutes or so was all Leeds. The between that and the goal on 44 minutes it was just non stop fouls and niggles. Seemed like Leeds players were determined to give everyone a knock, especially Moura. Think their threat dwindled after the early flurry but we weren't really getting into any decent positions when we had the ball.

Back
Top Bottom