Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Working wonders thus far with some very average players. Players are actually putting a shift in, look fitter and more motivated. Now get the fucking chequebook out for the guy and offload every player he doesn't rate

Over the last 4 games, we've had 6 different players scoring

Son x3
PEH
Regi
Lucas
Sanchez
Kane

The level of dynamism that Conte has brought to our attack is outstanding.

Can't imagine what we'll look like if Conte is allowed to bring in 3-4 players of his liking.

Conte is high grade.

Deery me, written with festive deliberacy but get him on a 3 year contract.

Even more back him next month please.

3 players and we are in the mix without doubt. For now we are still a touch too reliant on the usual suspects.

Not having traditionally been a fan of back 3 formations, and worried we wouldn't be able to back him like Chelsea and Inter, I was skeptical of his appointment at first. I am happy to say that my doubts were unfounded. I am completely blown away by what he has done to the team. The results have been excellent so far, but its the possibility for a real resurrection in the form of some of our old favorites that has me most impressed. I honestly never again thought Dele, Winks, or heck, even Dier would be able to play at the level they did today against a team like Liverpool- Salah has wrecked us lately and today we finally shut him down. We should have won that game and blown them out but I don't even think our players were prepared for the number and quality of chances we had!

I'm really happy for Conte, and for all of us. Its so nice to have the team on the right trajectory again. Very nice gift for the holidays!

Last edited:
Not having traditionally been a fan of back 3 formations, and worried we wouldn't be able to back him like Chelsea and Inter, I was skeptical of his appointment at first. I am happy to say that my doubts were unfounded. I am completely blown away by what he has done to the team. The results have been excellent so far, but its the possibility for a real resurrection in the form of some of our old favorites that has me most impressed. I honestly never again thought Dele, Winks, or heck, even Dier would be able to play at the level they did today against a team like Liverpool- Salah has wrecked us lately and today we finally shut him down. We should have won that game and blown them out but I don't even think our players were prepared for the number and quality of chances we had!

I'm really happy for Conte, and for all of us. Its so nice to have the team on the right trajectory again. Very nice gift for the holidays!
In 2011 he took a Juventus that was made up of rubble, finished 7th and built a winning team. It was like a hurricane that also laid the foundations for Allegri's subsequent Juventus capable of winning several league titles. When it comes to building Antonio Conte is a magician. He is a Manichaean: he only wants players who intend to give 100%. Anyone who is not with him is out of the project. Let's not forget soccer players are not Nobel laureates: they want a leader and he knows how to give all this.

Conte spending at Chelsea imho tends to reveal that the targets he wanted, he didnt get, because the board bought cheaper.
The one stand out signing , who is still there today, for £29 m was Rudiger.

See the circle jerk about this guy has started in here already. All due to somewhat-if-you-look-at-it-the-right-way performance against Liverpool. Sure, there's been a COVID issue. Sure, we could have had more goals (and taken 3 points) on another day. Sure, some players that have been shit for an eternity seemed to play better. Sure, even Sess look like he knew what he was doing.

But has anyone asked why Sonny looked like he didn't know what he was doing? No, I'm sure you haven't. Has anyone asked exactly WHY those other goals weren't scored? No, I'm sure you haven't. Why not? Because it all points to this guy. Terrible appointment!

But even after the 'success' vs Liverpool, not 24hrs later this guy goes and loses to Rennes so Vitesse are through and we're out. Terrible record in Europe.

#ConteOut #I'llbewriteoneofthesedaysandIwillcrowaboutit

Last edited:
See the circle jerk about this guy has started in here already. All due to somewhat-if-you-look-at-it-the-right-way performance against Liverpool. Sure, there's been a COVID issue. Sure, we could have had more goals (and taken 3 points) on another day. Sure, some players that have been shit for an eternity seemed to play better. Sure, even Sess look like he knew what he was doing.

But has anyone asked why Sonny looked like he didn't know what he was doing? No, I'm sure you haven't. Has anyone asked exactly WHY those other goals weren't scored? No, I'm sure you haven't. Why not? Because it all points to this guy. Terrible appointment!

#ConteOut #I'llbewriteoneofthesedaysandIwillcrowaboutit
You're not right about which right is right.

Oh and you're wrong about Don Tony too.

Merry Christmas!

Working wonders thus far with some very average players. Players are actually putting a shift in, look fitter and more motivated. Now get the fucking chequebook out for the guy and offload every player he doesn't rate

Or Mourinho and Nuno were making good players look bad, making them more unfit and less motivated......

Probably somewhere between the two

Let's be real, Nuno came here for bantz didn't he
I mean he was always a short-term caretaker but he was an absolutely shocking appointment. Same style football as Jose but without any history, gravitas or personality. I wouldn’t mind if it was Tim Sherwood for a season on £28K pa but the deaf and dumb mute was on about £8M pa…. Whoever backed Nuno should leave the club immediately

Back
Top Bottom