Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FPM-WI5XIAU40sa

Eh?

Wolves, Tottenham and Everton have shown an interest in Rennes' French coach Bruno Genesio, 55. (RMC Sport - in French)

Levy getting ready, just in case Conte walks out in the summer?
Genesio's contract at Rennes expires in 2023, the same time that Conte's orignial deal expires as well.

And considering how volatile Antonio is known to be I don't blame the club for succession planning.

Genesio is a great coach and I would be very happy with him coaching Spurs one day.

I want the next 9 games to be like Ali's rope a dope. Where we've been punched around a fair bit this season but, just as the opposition runs of steam and ideas, we find our feet and take it at the death.

Muhammad Ali Boxing GIF

I have no idea what this means!
confused schitts creek GIF by CBC
Expected goals (xG) is a predictive model used to assess every goal-scoring chance, and the likelihood of scoring.

A xG model computes for each chance the probability to score based on what we know about it (event-based variables). The higher the xG - with 1 being the maximum, as all probabilities range between 0 and 1 - the higher the probability of scoring.

In practice, that means if a chance has 0.2xG, it should be scored 20 per cent of the time. If it has 0.99xG, it should be converted 99 per cent of the time and so on.

The idea behind xG is that it gives an indication of whether results are based on sustainable factors like a steady creation of chances, or whether it is down to aspects such as luck or world-class goalkeeping.

For example, if a player has a higher xG figure than actual goals scored, it will likely be a result of poor finishing or bad luck.

By the same token, if a player is scoring more than his xG, it could be because of individual brilliance.

Put simply, xG can be thought of as effectively evaluating the quality of 'chances'. Whereas the ubiquitous 'shots on goal' count does not differentiate between a long-range strike and a missed open goal from two yards out, xG does.

What you see in the post you quoted is xG difference (Expected goals minus Expected goals allowed).

Thanks for the explanation, but I was being a little bit facetious (I know, it's not a great look).
All these statistics and tactics bore the heck out of me, it's not why I watch and love football. And when you really get down to the nitty-gritty, the most important thing about the game is to actually score one more than the opposition.
But if heatmaps and pie charts are what people are into, who am I to judge?
:dierpochhug:

God... I've had my doubts but I'm pretty much all in on Conte now. This man is a fcking genius. We're playing our best football over the last 3-4 seasons right now.

I credit Jose for unlocking the Kane as a #10/distributor but towards the second half of the season last year, he went back to playing Harry Kane as an out and out #9. Now it seems like Conte is going all in as Kane as a #10/distributor and it's working to perfection.

Back
Top Bottom