Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't this what we wanted? We wanted a manager to finally put pressure on Levy yet some of you cannot seemingly stomach the fight and the turbulence surrounding him (which we all knew about) and are ready to bin him off in favour of yet another yes man project manager, why?

We should want this manager to continually put pressure on the club because he knows what it takes to win and that's what we want right?

Yeah I get it. But what if conte walks? Levy won’t be fired or made to left the club. Enic and levy hold the keys. The club is making them a lot of money. Winning trophies isn’t a priority.
We know that, well most sane people do other than the vocal minority. It’s been this way for 21 years, Conte leaving underlines the fact winning isn’t their priority but it’s not some form of Armageddon doomsday…… we should be used to it it will just me clearer and more explosive as Conte won’t hold back with his reasons

"We have five games to play and then at the end of the season, in a private way, I will speak with my club and I will see the best solution," said Conte.

Not exactly a vote of confidence that he's going to stay is it.......

:kanehand:

Reading the full quotes it sounds like he’s talking about a meeting to speak about players and talk about next season. Rather than him being here or not. He says he’s enjoying his time with us and has a great relationship with levy and paratici. Everything he says is positive, including aiming finishing higher than fourth next season. Just remember how the press like to spin his comments negatively and ignore his level of English language.

I'm not having every week wondering whether conte is going to stay or not. I never wanted him last summer. Just fuck him off, call his bluff so he can go to psg or back to Italy winning irrelevant leagues. Poch back for me all day long. Should never been fired in first place. Levy being tight again thinking he could squeeze a bit more out of squad with the dinosaur one.

Stop reading the papers then and reacting negatively to everything they say. You do realise that’s what they want?

Isn't this what we wanted? We wanted a manager to finally put pressure on Levy yet some of you cannot seemingly stomach the fight and the turbulence surrounding him (which we all knew about) and are ready to bin him off in favour of yet another yes man project manager, why?

We should want this manager to continually put pressure on the club because he knows what it takes to win and that's what we want right?

Spot on. And to be honest I don’t think there is too much turbulence surrounding him. There’s a lot of shite in the gutter press, but that’s because large numbers of fans lap it up like a teenage boy on his first visit to a whorehouse. The crap and gossip probably doesn’t register much on Conte and players radars until the usual shite journalists bring it up at press conferences.
It’s all nonsense to generate clicks and revenue, and the only person that really knows about Conte is Conte. He doesn’t need to downplay the gossip or commit to Spurs in the presser, he needs to get on with his job and get ready for the next match.

Thing is he only has year left after this season. Do the club spend loads of money we don’t have in one go for players to fit contes style? When he goes what happened. If conte is an intelligent man then should realise we don’t have the budget of Chelsea. He has to meet halfway. So get a few players that he want, release a few to raise funds and also he needs to stamp his coaching on the team. Regardless of quality the least we should be is organised and also as if we can pass the ball around stringing more than 2 passes together. The last 2 games have looked like exactly what we are a one trick pony. So he needs to better tactically and work with the players his got. We can’t have a supposedly top 3 manager in the world and play football like the last two games with zero shots on target. So yes give him some money but he needs to also step up and do more. It’s not all about money.

I'm not having every week wondering whether conte is going to stay or not. I never wanted him last summer. Just fuck him off, call his bluff so he can go to psg or back to Italy winning irrelevant leagues. Poch back for me all day long. Should never been fired in first place. Levy being tight again thinking he could squeeze a bit more out of squad with the dinosaur one.
Fast becoming the forum clown. 🤡

Absolutely spot on!

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

Couldn't have put it better than that.

Sounds like great news to me. He’s enjoying it here, they’ve got a meeting in the diary to plan for next season, and he wants to aim for the title next year. That’s all good and what we want. Now we just need to get through this one positively and plan for next season. Sounds a lot better than 12 months ago when the club didn’t know what it was doing and was completely rudderless.

Couldn't have put it better than that.

He's being pretty clear to me, I don't get why people view this as a "rollercoaster" Conte knows what he wants and he is putting pressure on the club to push for trophies.

Like Shadydan Shadydan Said, he is doing what everyone wanted and yet we have people melting down about him and begging for yes men to be hired.

Going to be honest, this is why we will win nothing imo.

Our fans are weak, spineless and prefer mediocrity and their own little safe space.

The same old same cycle over the stress and change it requires to fight for the highest prizes.

Utterly pathetic, if there is one thing more than Levy that has made me want to walk away from this club at times it is that pathetic section of our supporters who just accept failure because they don't want the hassle of dealing with change.

I think he's being unrealistic. Even if we signed 6 top players and had a much better squad than now, does he really think we can get to City and Liverpool's level in two transfer windows?

Even City with all their resources and Pep took longer to get to the challenge for the title level and the same for Liverpool with Klopp. We can be much better next season without doubt but challenging for the league? No chance.

On top of that we are competing with richer and in some cases financially doped clubs to get these players in - even with £150m plus sales on top to spend, there's no guarantees they wanna come here - no one can blame Dias for joining Liverpool over Spurs as an example.

Yes be ambitious, yes improve the squad as much as possible, yes aim for the top, but it has to come with a level of realism - this isn't football manager and it takes time.

I think we could pick up an additional 10-15 points next season and with continued good transfers make a push for the league the season after. But we're pretty weak in most areas of the squad, especially in terms of depth and I don't think this transfer window is enough to sort that out.

What will Conte accept in terms of squad rebuilding this summer? And does he accept that the club won't get every player they want?

Absolutely agree, but if Pochettino is a free agent this summer, this tactic fails.

Levy will know full well he can do what he likes in regards to Conte, as he can get Poch back and keep 90% of the fan base on side.

Massively uncomfortable summer ahead.

Back
Top Bottom