Anyone else going to be boycotting matches, after recent events?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you be boycotting matches, to show your displeasure at the treatment of non-playing staff?

• Total voters
I wonder if all the people defending Enic over this realise we will end up paying for this in increased taxes for years to come
You understand that thousands of other businesses, just in the UK, are taking the same action effecting millions of employees? Yet you're eviscerating one football club furloughing 500 employees.

If you're against the furlough scheme in general, fair enough, but its egregiously hypocritical to stone Tottenham for taking the government aid in this hour of need and giving companies like Nissan and Coca-Cola who could purchase Spurs 1,000 times over a fucking pass for sending workers off to collect government assistance.

You understand that thousands of other businesses, just in the UK, are taking the same action effecting millions of employees. Yet you're eviscerating one football club furloughing 500 employees.

If you're against the furlough scheme in general, fair enough, but its egregiously hypocritical to stone Tottenham for taking the government aid in this hour of need and giving companies like Nissan and Coca-Cola who could purchase Spurs 1,000 times over a fucking pass for sending workers off to collect government assistance.
They are all parasites, take easyJet as an example paying out millions to shareholders last month now furhlonging staff , I think it’s just highlighted more in football when you are still paying someone like Harry Kane £200k a week but can’t pay Janet the tea lady £2k a month.

I’m not trying to start an argument, I promise......
C1-B2-E315-D683-44-D1-9-C8-B-0-EFBD64023-BB.gif

Sad times mate. I hear you when it comes to ticket prices. I used to be able to get a ticket for £40 at the front, on the halfway line at the old WHL, but now it closer to £200.

£40 for a prime ticket on the half-way line? ....Not for a long time mate.

Madness. I understand we have to pay off the debt of the new stadium, but those prices are mad. £70 for any seat in the stadium now... give me a break 😬

Depending on where you sit, some EPL tickets still sell for under £50.

Last edited:
They are all parasites, take easyJet as an example paying out millions to shareholders last month now furhlonging staff , I think it’s just highlighted more in football when you are still paying someone like Harry Kane £200k a week but can’t pay Janet the tea lady £2k a month.

24k p/a for a tea lady?

LOL... Sign me up! :D

The only way I'm going to stop supporting Spurs is if the Club are no longer in existence or I get dementia and forget that I support the Club. I'll stop going when I can't afford it.

I've cancelled my membership. I can only afford a few games a year so nobody will care but it feels the right thing to do.

If we're no different to easyjet or Virgin then what are we supporting. I think this has shown this club isn't a family, it isn't in touch with its support and only gives a shit about money.

Those low paid staff were never going to send the club bankrupt and his already got his excuses on for not investing in the team - the bit we're all here for.

This I'll absolutely agree with. My only case here is that the vitriol lobbed Levy's way over this is out of scale with his actions. There are much, much larger corporate pariah's taking advantage of the tax coffers right now.

In the US, Boeing has been given $17B and is still furloughing employees.

I'm just not willing to go overboard and start talking about boycotting Spurs and the like when I'm not going to set my Honda on fire and I'm still gonna order a new pair of Nikes later this week. Bit of a tempest in a teakettle, regarding ENIC.

24k p/a for a tea lady?

LOL... Sign me up! :D
Many moons back, my Mum (god rest her) was a tea lady at Viglen in Alperton. She came in with a tea trolley whilst Alan Sugar was chairing some meeting, he moaned about the biscuit selection, she told him to buy his own in future.

A day or so later her boss called her into his office (she thought she was getting the sack), she was given a minimal pay rise and a big box of chocolates 'courtesy of Mr Sugar'.

I know I'm repeating myself but what world did these people think they were living in before this virus? Save some of your pearl clutching for Sir (tax exile) Richard Branson. He put Virgin staff on seven weeks unpaid holiday from his island. Why is football this odd emotional scaffold? Are you done flying virgin or using his gyms? Greedy capitalists are greedy shock, in more breaking news bear shits in woods....😒

Ask Beardy Boy Branson Christian, you know him probably flown on his airline ! That cheeky sod is looking to the government to bail him out whilst he builds a fat one on Neker Island, He could pay his staff including all the maintenance staff for his airline if he stuffed a mere 3 billion quid into an account that pays just 3 % and he wouldn't lose a brass halfpenny ! Face up to it mate its what they do and there is no point bitching about it.
Just saying........ Spurs forever !!

Boycotting matches? First of all you are assuming there will be matches to boycott and secondly if there are matches that fans will actually be allowed in.

Boycott. Nope. Will go back there for EL games etc when I can get 3 or 4x cheap tickets in the standing area of the Park Lane.

But I’m being realistic about my money. Expect to see a big drop in household income with household bills staying the same. Probably need to work a bit more to get back on track.

So spending 5k a season on going down to Tottenham is just not an option. And time wise will be spending more of my free time with my family.

Will watch lower league football and probably do some coaching.
But not boycotting just a slight shift in my priorities.

Back
Top Bottom