Anyone else going to be boycotting matches, after recent events?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you be boycotting matches, to show your displeasure at the treatment of non-playing staff?

• Total voters
Hey everyone,

I wish my first post on this forum were a more positive one! After recent events, I’m done with the club, until there’s either a huuuuuge apology for the furlough and ‘come and work on my grounds!’embarrassments, or either Levy or Lewis (or both) leave.

Is anyone else feeling as embarrassed/upset/angry as I am right now? Anyone else going to stop going to matches etc? The way I’m feeling right now, I’m going to go to some lower league matches instead next season. I guess, in situations like this one, you get to see the true colours of some of the people at the top of the game 😔

Instead of boycotting Spurs, who are just a reasonably well run company in an industry of atrociously run companies, why not do something meaningful, like boycott the government that has put the country in this mess by choosing to prioritise tax breaks for the wealthy individuals and corporations whilst underfunding public services like the NHS and the average man in the street and failed to prepare the country for this catastrophe despite having several warnings and near misses over the last few years, and then managed this situation like fucking amateurs bumbling their way through a piss up in a brewery.

Instead of boycotting Spurs, who are just a reasonably well run company in an industry of atrociously run companies, why not do something meaningful, like boycott the government that has put the country in this mess by choosing to prioritise tax breaks for the wealthy individuals and corporations whilst underfunding public services like the NHS and the average man in the street and failed to prepare the country for this catastrophe despite having several warnings and near misses over the last few years, and then managed this situation like fucking amateurs bumbling their way through a piss up in a brewery.
This X 💯👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

How does one boycott the government?

As others have pointed out we are all going to be paying for the Government funds in the form of taxes for years to come. Increased Income Tax, VAT, Petrol, Alcohol and Car Tax. That being the case I would feel happier if some of the spending actually went to something I like being Tottenham Football club.

I am fed up from the club furloughing staff without even topping up the 20%.
At the same time disappointed from the players specially captain and vice captain not taking action to defer or cut wages. Why Barca, Real and other clubs have not been examples for our players to follow?

TBH I don't miss the football but miss my club and feel let down by the people running the club.

Hey everyone,

I wish my first post on this forum were a more positive one! After recent events, I’m done with the club, until there’s either a huuuuuge apology for the furlough and ‘come and work on my grounds!’embarrassments, or either Levy or Lewis (or both) leave.

Is anyone else feeling as embarrassed/upset/angry as I am right now? Anyone else going to stop going to matches etc? The way I’m feeling right now, I’m going to go to some lower league matches instead next season. I guess, in situations like this one, you get to see the true colours of some of the people at the top of the game 😔
It's not quite the right analogy...but to stop going because of something Levy did, would be almost like leaving my wife because of something her dad did. Levy is connected to Spurs but he is not the totality of Spurs. We don't support Daniel Levy FC.

For me, Spurs is first of all the fans, then the area, then in no particular order the colours, the traditions, the history, the style, the shirt, the ground, the pubs etc. Billy Nick and Arthur Rowe and to a lesser extent some other former players/managers will be in there somewhere in the mix, but Levy is at best 0.000001% of what I consider to be THFC.

All IMO of course and others may see it differently.

The Tories could burn down an orphanage for a laugh and people would still vote for them in droves. There doesn’t seem to be a limit to what some people will tolerate.

Just a personal thank you to people like you (and trust me you're not alone) whose condescending attitude towards Tory voters keeps driving people away from Labour.

Hey everyone,

I am just boycotting spending anything on the club. No going to matches or paying tv subscriptions. Begrudge giving anything to the rich owners, levy, executives & players etc. They ain't having my 0.00000000000000000001 of their income/wages.
As you say, ENIC & Levy have shown their true colours even more during this pandemic. Let's face it, they won't do what it takes to take us to the next level anyway. We are actually going backwards.
I get some support ENIC & levy more than the team, & they struggle to criticise them but find it easy to criticise the player. But I couldn't care less about the owners & levy. Can't find it in me to get hurt if other's criticise ENIC or levy.
I do notice that we seem way more invested in the owners & chairman than most other supporters. I feel more like them, its all about the club rather than seeing it as owners & chairman first & then the club or both on an equal footing. Some support millions being given to levy as a bonus, others would prefer it going towards improving an average team.
Ps. Also the players are obviously way overpaid too & haven't covered themselves in glory with their greed. So I am happy not contributing to their massive wages.

Last edited:
I am just boycotting spending anything on the club. No going to matches or paying tv subscriptions. Begrudge giving anything to the rich owners, levy, executives & players etc. They ain't having my 0.00000000000000000001 of their income/wages.
As you say, ENIC & Levy have shown their true colours even more during this pandemic. Let's face it, they won't do what it takes to take us to the next level anyway. We are actually going backwards.
I get some support ENIC & levy more than the team, & they struggle to criticise them but find it easy to criticise the player. But I couldn't care less about the owners & levy. Can't find it in me to get hurt if other's criticise ENIC or levy.
I do notice that we seem way more invested in the owners & chairman than most other supporters. I feel more like them, its all about the club rather than seeing it as owners & chairman first & then the club or both on an equal footing. Some support millions being given to levy as a bonus, others would prefer it going towards the team.
I thought no one would be able to support levy in his decision to do this to the lowest earning staff at the club, I was very wrong though!

I thought no one would be able to support levy in his decision to do this to the lowest earning staff at the club, I was very wrong though!
They will defend him no matter what he does. I learned that a while back. Way more defensive of him than the actual team.
The fact they compare us to random buisnesses like McDonald's, Debenhams, British airways etc shows they see us a buisness rather than a football club. In which case you can understand there love of ENIC & levy. But some of us still see a football club despite football being a business more than a sport these days. Maybe we are just outdated & they are moving forward with the times. Owners & chairman > the football club.

Last edited:
Let's face it, no true fan will ever give up being Spurs.
We'll all moan, complain and say "I've had enough of this shit" but we all come crawling back in the end.

We don't support the board, the players (they come and go) or the ground, we support the club.
We can have different opinions on how the club is run or which players are shite but even if we get relegated, we will all STILL be Spurs.

Or at least we should be.
Yes should be but fuck some of the fruit loops on here and their comments after even a draw are brutal what kinda reaction relegation would get you doesn’t bare thinking about....but then they only call it out to get a reaction and certain posters only appear when it’s going pear shaped but then if we romped the championship we wouldn’t here from them.......:thumbup:

Last edited:
Just a personal thank you to people like you (and trust me you're not alone) whose condescending attitude towards Tory voters keeps driving people away from Labour.
You don't need him to justify your choices and it weird you mention Labour when he didn't. Your a Tory cool, don't blame anyone else it seems disingenuous to be talking about other peoples feelings regards ones own preferences. I choose not to vote Tory or Labour and I'll take ownership of that, its frankly odd how many on this island define themselves in opposition to something else. It's the worse kind of whataboutism.

Agree totally. Whilst I disagree with their stance, ENIC took advantage of a flawed system out in place. Boycotting Spurs, much like Matt Hancock singling out pro footballers, is EXACTLY the kind of virtue signalling that should annoy people

Back
Top Bottom