Anyone else going to be boycotting matches, after recent events?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you be boycotting matches, to show your displeasure at the treatment of non-playing staff?

• Total voters
If you don't go to matches then you're not a supporter. You might be a fan, more of a follower but that's it. Supporters support their team. For those of us who followed the team (not club, owners, etc) through thick and thin, relegation (missed just one home game that year), many lean periods, then we'll still be there whoever the owners are. Bye.

I'll always have due respect for the most devout hardcore of our fanbase, but it's not as simple as that.

I got priced out of attending WHL for years due to the overnight price tripling brought about by the advent of the EPL in 93 and have attended in varying frequency both before and since.... Still spent thousands of £s attending games and buying merch over the years tho'. There's also plenty of times in more recent history where I have been left wanting a ticket for big games....... Where does that leave me according to your criteria?

(Also see above from stevee stevee & Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus )

It's also possible to provide financial support directly (merch & membership) and indirectly (TV subscriptions and TV viewing viewership which drive who gets shown and how many times per season) regardless of one's ability to attend games.

Last edited:
I think it sucks, but you of all people rallying against corporate greed given your stance on spending, players and takeovers (openly welcoming bloodmoney-funded and bought psuedo-success) is a joke.

Anyway, bet you're loving it really..... Good ammo innit.
I'll tell you what sucks.

When the PL gravey train brings in untold billions and our club is seemingly more interested in recording record profits than putting silverware in the trophy cabinet.
That sucks.

When other clubs around us strive to spend the going rate on improving the squad and supporting their manager. While we sit back hoping for a bargain.
That sucks.

Going one and a half years without speding a dime on new players, then losing our best manager in decades within 6 months.
That sucks.

When our CEO's bonus alone dwarfs the salary of his peers.
That sucks.

And then, when the whole world faces this unpecedented humanitarian crisis and our club is the first in the queue with it's begging bowl for state hand outs.
That really, really fucking sucks.

So, what's your point, mate?

Last edited:
I'll always have due respect for the most devout hardcore of our fanbase, but it's not as simple as that.

I got priced out of attending WHL for years due to the overnight price tripling brought about by the advent of the EPL in 93 and have attended in varying frequency both before and since.... Still spent thousands of £s attending games and buying merch over the years tho'. There's also plenty of times in more recent history where I have been left wanting a ticket for big games....... Where does that leave me according to your criteria?

(Also see above from stevee stevee & Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus )

It's also possible to provide financial support directly (merch & membership) and indirectly (TV subscriptions and TV viewing viewership which drive who get's show and how many times per season) regardless of one's ability to attend games.
A lot of fans feel the same way. I moved country but still tried to attend matches. 8 a year with flights and hotel and food and drinks. It feels like robbery but i knew. But no more from me.

I'll tell you what sucks.

When the PL gravey train brings in untold billions and our club is seemingly more interested in recording record profits than putting silverware in the trophy cabinet.
That sucks.

When other clubs around us strive to spend the going rate on improving the squad and supporting their manager. While we sit back hoping for a bargain.
That sucks.

When our CEO's bonus alone dwarfs the salary of his peers.
That sucks.

And then, when the whole world faces this unpecedented humanitarian crisis and our club is the first in the queue with it's begging bowl for state hand outs.
That really, really fucking sucks.

So, what's your point, mate?
Point 1
We spent every penny of those record profits

Point 2
We spent our record profits (the going rate) trying to improve the team, the manager had input.

Point 3
A one off bonus for the stadium.

Point 4
No argument, I agree completely

A lot of fans feel the same way. I moved country but still tried to attend matches. 8 a year with flights and hotel and food and drinks. It feels like robbery but i knew. But no more from me.

Bit of a contradiction to call it a "robbery", but if you've decided you don't wanna spend your money on football anymore then more power to you.... It would be silly to moan about it yet carry on doing it.

Point 1

Point 2
We spent our record profits (the going rate) trying to improve the team, the manager had input.

Point 3

Point 4

John Thomas John Thomas

Ditto.

...But if you can't understand the simple point to my original post then I can't help you. Never could.... Your denial of basic truths is just too tiresome.

John Thomas John Thomas

Ditto.

...But if you can't understand the simple point to my original post then I can't help you. Never could.... Your denial of basic truths are just too tiresome.
Please elaborate.

How does our club being the first with their snouts in the trough for state hand outs in any way nullify my long held stance on lack of squad investment and silverware while recording record profits.

It seems to me like your'e just trying score a few cheap points now your man Levy is in the firing line.

Bit of a contradiction to call it a "robbery", but if you've decided you don't wanna spend your money on football anymore then more power to you.... It would be silly to moan about it yet carry on doing it.
Have you never spent money on something you knew was overpriced? Because you liked it or loved it.

Please elaborate.

How does our club being the first with their snouts in the trough for state hand outs in any way nullify my long held stance on lack of squad investment and silverware while recording record profits.

It seems to me like your'e just trying score a few cheap points now your man Levy is in the firing line.

Nah, nice try, but I was among the first on the forum to condemn us furloughing actually.

I just see the likes of you & scott scott predictably piggy-backing off of it as a means to get your usual digs in..... Thought I'd point out that if we'd have adopted the free-spending agenda you prescribe we'd be in a VERY precarious position right now.

Require further elaboration? I repeat:

"....If you can't understand the simple point to my original post then I can't help you. Never could.... Your denial of basic truths are just too tiresome. "

Have you never spent money on something you knew was overpriced? Because you liked it or loved it.

Not to the point that I felt i was being "robbed", no.... If I felt that way i would have stopped.

Would I prefer things to be cheaper? Of course, but if I spend say £40 for a ticket to something (could just as easily be a concert) and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself; I see it as money well spent...

Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

Point 4
stevee stevee if we spent every penny of those record profits, there would be no record profits.
Surely you're not comparing our transfer spend to our reported profit margin? I know your'e smarter than that mate.

When clubs release their accounts it includes everything. It includes transfer fees received and transfer fees paid out.

But you know that.

Nah, nice try, but I was among the first on the forum to condemn us furloughing actually.

I just see the likes of you & scott scott predictably piggy-backing off of it as a means to get your usual digs in..... Thought I'd point out that if we'd have adopted the free-spending agenda you prescribe we'd be in a VERY precarious position right now.

Require further elaboration? I repeat:

"....If you can't understand the simple point to my original post then I can't help you. Never could.... Your denial of basic truths are just too tiresome. "
Hey, Airfixx Airfixx Now your'e hiding behind a load of drivel mate.

You seem to be saying that because I have oft criticised our owners for prioritising profit margins over investment in the team, I have no right to criticise them for being the first to get their snouts in the trough for state hand outs.

If that's what your saying, please explain why. If not, at least put your balls on the table and admit you're acting the twat, again👨‍🦲

stevee stevee if we spent every penny of those record profits, there would be no record profits.
Surely you're not comparing our transfer spend to our reported profit margin? I know your'e smarter than that mate.

When clubs release their accounts it includes everything. It includes transfer fees received and transfer fees paid out.

But you know that.
And since the last set of accounts were released we spent a further £184m on players registration.

Edit : spent £184m after the accounting period covered.

We announce the profits and THEN we spend it.
Please tell me you were aware of this.

Last edited:
Hey, Airfixx Airfixx Now your'e hiding behind a load of drivel mate.

You seem to be saying that because I have oft criticised our owners for prioritising profit margins over investment in the team, I have no right to criticise them for being the first to get their snouts in the trough for state hand outs.

Nope not at all...

Just pointing out that a) this furlough bullshit doesn't vindicate your years of accusations of embezzlement and so forth......That and b) the hypocrisy of you openly welcoming the idea of stolen oil-wealth and blood money to artificially dope our club whilst now being overly moralistic about ENIC tapping into the UKs public purse (which - for the third time - in itself I myself condemn).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom