Anyone else going to be boycotting matches, after recent events?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you be boycotting matches, to show your displeasure at the treatment of non-playing staff?

• Total voters
This is great news, even if it is damage control.

I think it's wise to always remember what ENIC tried to get away with even if they have made the right decision eventually.

This also shows the power that the supporters do have when they challenge the owners and their shit decisions.

I hope people remember that going forward, especially when they say "moaning" achieves nothing.
Can’t actually get the statement to load. Does it mention fan pressure as the reason to turn their decision round?

good news , nice to see the club listen to the backlash from the media and most importantly the fans

Good to see what can happen when you actually challenge the club instead of lining up to kiss levy’s arse at every available opportunity

Can’t actually get the statement to load. Does it mention fan pressure as the reason to turn their decision round?

That's an assumption on my part but I think it would be foolish to believe that the media/supporters haven't had an impact on their decision making here.

They haven't just done it out of goodwill because if that was the case they would have done it from the start, I believe that's just common sense at this point.

They tried to get away with something indefensible, after coming under pressure they have rolled back on it and then done some damage control to make themselves look good.

It's a common tactic with businesses who have had bad press, I am simply saying it would be wise to remember this moment going forward when people speak so highly of our owners and give them some sort of morality pass in comparison to other owners and it's also wise to remember that things can and will change if people let the owners know things are unacceptable.

That's an assumption on my part but I think it would be foolish to believe that the media/supporters haven't had an impact on their decision making here.

They haven't just done it out of goodwill because if that was the case they would have done it from the start, I believe that's just common sense at this point.

They tried to get away with something indefensible, after coming under pressure they have rolled back on it and then done some damage control to make themselves look good.

It's a common tactic with businesses who have had bad press, I am simply saying it would be wise to remember this moment going forward when people speak so highly of our owners and give them some sort of morality pass in comparison to other owners and it's also wise to remember that things can and will change if people let the owners know things are unacceptable.
Ah ok. I’m assuming the reversal does have something to do with the media and fans. Also would like to believe that conscience had its place too.

They made the wrong call at a time when many other calls made by people were catastrophically wrong. At least they’ve had the sense to pull back from this and do the right thing.

In a statement, Levy said:
"The criticism the club has received over the last week has been felt all the more keenly because of our track record of good works and our huge sense of responsibility to care for those that rely on us, particularly locally. It was never our intent, as custodians, to do anything other than put measures in place to protect jobs whilst the Club sought to continue to operate in a self-sufficient manner during uncertain times. We regret any concern caused during an anxious time and hope the work our supporters will see us doing in the coming weeks, as our stadium takes on a whole new purpose, will make them proud of their club.”

In a statement, Levy said:
"The criticism the club has received over the last week has been felt all the more keenly because of our track record of good works and our huge sense of responsibility to care for those that rely on us, particularly locally. It was never our intent, as custodians, to do anything other than put measures in place to protect jobs whilst the Club sought to continue to operate in a self-sufficient manner during uncertain times. We regret any concern caused during an anxious time and hope the work our supporters will see us doing in the coming weeks, as our stadium takes on a whole new purpose, will make them proud of their club.”

Good honest statement. The pressure appears to have worked. Great news for the staff.

This is great news, even if it is damage control.

I think it's wise to always remember what ENIC tried to get away with even if they have made the right decision eventually.

This also shows the power that the supporters do have when they challenge the owners and their shit decisions.

I hope people remember that going forward, especially when they say "moaning" achieves nothing.

Fair play to ENIC / Levy for listening to the fans. And to the thousands of fans who asked for this to happen.

And on another note.

Holiest praise be to Jesus. He has risen. Miracles do happen.
Some may say this is a miracle that ENIC found this spare money we didn’t have last week.
I’m off to Eat a chocolate egg and rejoice like the first Easter bunny who saw Jesus come out of his grotto cave.

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

I'm sure Airfixx Airfixx doesn't want or need a spokesman, mate.

Just like him, you're skirting the cheap point he was trying score.
How does my long held view that Levy is more interested in profit than investing in the team make my criticism of him being the first CEO with his snout in the state purse any less worthy than his.

And are you seriously using this current global humanitarian crisis as a weopon to praise the clubs spending over the last 2 decades? Like anyone could see this coming?

Really?

Dude there the same fuckwit.

It's not the Corona virus that's stopped me going it's the terrible atmosphere and constantly getting told to sit down.
Rather stay in the brewers

Atmosphere, a couple of season ticket holders behind me who moan all game (why they bother coming I don’t know) and VAR haven’t helped this season at all. I go to every home game but can’t say I’ve enjoyed it on the pitch in the new stadium that much since we moved in.

Atmosphere, a couple of season ticket holders behind me who moan all game (why they bother coming I don’t know) and VAR haven’t helped this season at all. I go to every home game but can’t say I’ve enjoyed it on the pitch in the new stadium that much since we moved in.
It's crap now. Game gets in the way of a day out. The atmosphere is terrible, we have to be the only club that build a 17500 stand stick corporate in the middle and make everyone sit.
The white wall :levylol: it's like a morgue

Back
Top Bottom