Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well... it's in the 'Tottenham Hotspur' section of the forum and not 'General football' so it's kind of obvious that I'm referring to us rather than other clubs.
Come on now you know as well as I do that even on the spurs sections it's pretty common for threads to diverge into other parts of football.

I'm not sure player power is behind either the Keane or Kanoute situations.
Player power is where the player deliberately undermines the manager's day to day authority or looks to force his removal.

I meant it more in the (general) sense of a player pulling against what he knows is right for the club, rather than the (narrower) sense you describe when there's a campaign to undermine the manager.

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.

I remember reading an article written by ME at the time saying that he was disgusted by his form at the time just after one of the home internationals where Geoff Hurst made a fool of him several times

Berbatov for me.

Yes he sulked like a spoilt brat and I took my son, who idolised him, to Middlesbrough for what was going to be his last game for us
When he eventually deigned to come on he spent most of the time standing in the centre circle fiddling with his headband!
Modric got kicked early on and wasn’t interested
That fat cunt Mido scored and we lost 2-1!
Boro fans were scum throughout spitting at us

My son lost interest in football after that and started watching Rugby League

I honestly couldn’t blame him

Another factor in the Robbie Keane incident was that Redknapp rescued him from his disastrous spell at Liverpool.
You would have thought Keane would have felt indebted to him.

But no.
The fucking prick.

He kept saying that Celtic was his boyhood club but this applied to a lot of teams apparently

Yes he sulked like a spoilt brat and I took my son, who idolised him, to Middlesbrough for what was going to be his last game for us
When he eventually deigned to come on he spent most of the time standing in the centre circle fiddling with his headband!
Modric got kicked early on and wasn’t interested
That fat cunt Mido scored and we lost 2-1!
Boro fans were scum throughout spitting at us

My son lost interest in football after that and started watching Rugby League

I honestly couldn’t blame him
Agree to a point about Berbatov but for me Carrick was more of a cunt. Just as we were building a really good rounded team, he fucked off after just 2 seasons. Cunt......

Agree to a point about Berbatov but for me Carrick was more of a cunt. Just as we were building a really good rounded team, he fucked off after just 2 seasons. Cunt......

Klinsmann fucking off early also still rankles so fuck him for manager

Going back to Carrick though....cunt thought he couldn't get in England team as well cos he only played for little old Tottenham. But when he went to Man Yoo, cunt still couldn't get a start for England. He thought he'd get in front of Lampard or Gerrard just cos he was playing for Man Yoo!! Cunt......

Alright Jeeezus i'm sorry for not abiding by the TFC official code of conduct

I must be on my best behavior not to protest the hall I mean forum monitors next time.

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.
Didn't most of the squad go on that bender with keane? Are they all cunts aswell or did keane have a gun to their head? You view keane as a complete prick because he organised a Xmas party with his team mates that had no affect on our season

Back
Top Bottom