Archie Gray

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This would, I'm led to believe, be a coup....?

The beauty of having the trf thread ignore.....

I knew precisely nothing about this.... Compete and utter suprise (and no repetitive bickering about Levy and dosh) considering he was being linked to others a few days ago.
When Ange gives you the Call you come! :ange-arms:

I'll delete one of the above when i see how he turns out !
Think About It GIF by Identity
1410e4b0ad2835a3ee94919588443b3ec219a5cfba7e7b7f12d788f443244494_1.jpg

Never seen him play but watched highlight videos (which we know can make anyone look good). That said I think it’s a shrewd signing. At worst he’s back up for Porro and Bissouma, at best he is our first choice DM. Looks to be comfortable on the ball, can beat a press, head up and positive, looks to go forward, and a good tackler. Being home grown, young and shifting deadwood in Rodon means it could be a great signing. Bring in Eze next Baldy.

£25m + Joe Rodon is actually a solid bit of business.

Good job, baldy (even though it wasn’t baldy who did it, likely Lange).
This. Plus also any fee we receive for Emerson (and Spence?) should go into same bracket as Rodon sale. Which can mean exchanging 3 obsolete players into Gray without any net expenditure.

This would, I'm led to believe, be a coup....?

The beauty of having the trf thread ignore.....

I knew precisely nothing about this.... Complete and utter suprise (and no repetitive bickering about Levy and dosh) considering he was being linked to others a few days ago.

I do like deals that get done quickly - 48 hours ago it seemed very likely that the possibility of us signing him had gone, so its gone from 'no chance' to done bar the signing in about 24 hours.

It's believed that Brentford had initially offered over his release clause to get a deal done quickly and he was even set to undergo a medical.

But it was shot down over issues with the payment structure.

Leeds academy product Gray had been offered a contract worth £75,000-a-week, an attractive package for the 18-year-old.

Bit of detail in here.

Daniel Levy is understood to have agreed to United’s payment terms and should pocket the Whites a guaranteed £40m, although the breakdown of instalments is unclear. It is understood Brentford and Spurs had each activated that clause, though only the latter met United’s demands on structure

The old Levy classic of unachieveable add ons strikes again!

Bit of detail in here.

Daniel Levy is understood to have agreed to United’s payment terms and should pocket the Whites a guaranteed £40m, although the breakdown of instalments is unclear. It is understood Brentford and Spurs had each activated that clause, though only the latter met United’s demands on structure

On the contrary; seemingly it wasn't us proposing unreasonable terms.

Bit of detail in here.

Maybe.

But I think the real deal clincher for Leeds will have been the opportunity to sign Rodon permanently as he was a real rock in their defence last season - and for only £10m which is probably a bargain as he's good enough for lower PL so covers them on promotion and probably 'worth' anything up to £20m to them so its a hidden upside of £5m+.

With Rodon back at Leeds it means they've only lost one member (Gray) of a very good side, and have got £25m to spend which could buy two or more good players in Championship.

So I think the deal is a 'win' for both clubs !

Back
Top Bottom