Archie Gray

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is going to be a great signing. The lad may only be 18 but he has a proper football family behind him. His dad, granddad and grand uncle were all professional footballers. That has to help him stay grounded and has exposed him to elite football from an early age.
Also he has played nearly the same amount of games last season than sessegnon a entire spurs career.

ITK - I hear the contract is all signed but the ink is still drying.
Could take minutes.
Could take hours.
Could take days.
Could even be a week.

Do not question the ITK or you'll be banned.

Give me money.

The Leeds ITK wankers were saying medical already taking place.

The Spurs Community ITKW were saying medical later in the week.

Whoever is wrong will have the nuggets and chips slapped onto the ground right in front of mum.

15 years old... Plays U18 football and scored 8 goals in 11 games last season in the U18 Prem.

It's rare that a younger brother is better when the older has more prominence in the game but Harry gets talked up as a true special talent.
According to Leeds ITK, The Gray family, have fallen out with the club over forcing Archie out, so it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves Leeds soon. Hopefully we can convince him to join his brother.

The way people continuously talk about that 1 game vs Chavski is quite something.

anyway good luck Archie Gray, hope you smash it.

I think people are looking at that game as a positive example because they haven't seen other games and don't know the player but want to feel positive about the signing. That's fine with me as long as they don't build up an 18 year old kid to the point of expecting that every week and then shooting him down if they don't see it every week.

The reality is that I have seen several other performances like that and thought wow. I also saw the Playoff final where he played RB and didn't do anything good or bad. He's an 18 year old kid, the consistency won't be there every week yet and even if it is, we still shouldn't be expecting or relying on it to be there. We need to have the mindset and patience as if he is one of our own kids from the academy stepping up into to the first team.

I think people are looking at that game as a positive example because they haven't seen other games and don't know the player but want to feel positive about the signing. That's fine with me as long as they don't build up an 18 year old kid to the point of expecting that every week and then shooting him down if they don't see it every week.

The reality is that I have seen several other performances like that and thought wow. I also saw the Playoff final where he played RB and didn't do anything good or bad. He's an 18 year old kid, the consistency won't be there every week yet and even if it is, we still shouldn't be expecting or relying on it to be there. We need to have the mindset and patience as if he is one of our own kids from the academy stepping up into to the first team.
No way.

When you spend upwards of 40m you have every right to expect more then when a youth player is coming up through the system, irrespective of age.

Not to say you expect him to tear it up instantly but you definitely expect some sort of contribution, be it goals, assists, general performance, defensive or attacking contribution etc.

The Leeds ITK wankers were saying medical already taking place.

The Spurs Community ITKW were saying medical later in the week.

Whoever is wrong will have the nuggets and chips slapped onto the ground right in front of mum.
New ITK update.
Ink still not dry but don't worry, Lange and Levy are outside waving it in the fresh air trying to dry it before Chelsea scrub the ink off.

GIVE ME MONEY

Back
Top Bottom