Archway sheet metal works on fire!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You say that whilst Stratford station has been evacuated this morning due to a bomb scare
:levylol:

so-it-begins-gif.gif

It's not like we aren't all thinking it

But there lies the problem "THINKING it"

The media are paid to report the news not try to make it. The only people saying "suspected arson" so far are the family. Unless the family are trained fire investigators then any comments about arson are conjecture unless coming directly from the Fire Brigade. Yet here we are seeing loaded reports talking about them being the "last stumbling block" and "suspected arson."

It's gossip mag reporting from people that should know better but know that the "better" doesn't pull in views

The media are paid to report the news not try to make it. The only people saying "suspected arson" so far are the family. Unless the family are trained fire investigators then any comments about arson are conjecture unless coming directly from the Fire Brigade. Yet here we are seeing loaded reports talking about them being the "last stumbling block" and "suspected arson."

It's gossip mag reporting from people that should know better but know that the "better" doesn't pull in views
By 1pm this afternoon many will be orally reporting " That firm that wouldn't sell to Spurs has been torched by their fans'

Also the blaze started at 5am ad Mr Josif was on the scene shortly afterwards - and even before the fire brigade got there - screaming 'petrol bombed'? Who rang him, does he live nearby, does he have a superb intuition or is he there at 5am each morning?

Last edited:
By 1pm this afternoon many will be orally reporting " That firm that wouldn't sell to Spurs has been torched by their fans'

probably.

I mean it may well end up being the case but it just royally fucks me off just how lazy and sensationalist journalism is now across the board. Even the broadsheets have become makeshift tabloids

The fingers will be pointed squarely at the spurs fan base, BUT if I was the owner of a food joint or other match day dependent business on the high road and i knew that i was looking at 18 months or so of no home games...... well.

This has always been my major gripe with Archway. All the "family business" & "been here for years" bullshit they spouted is true of the hundreds of other small businesses that depend on match day for their income.The likelihood is that if the club have to move for a season many of them will go under because of Archways selfishness.

No doubt there will lots of speculation in coming days.
mmmm...
1. Archway records lost in fire including correspondence required for court appeal !!!!!
2. Security tapes both of Archway and THFC damaged in fire.

The fingers will be pointed squarely at the spurs fan base, BUT if I was the owner of a food joint or other match day dependent business on the high road and i knew that i was looking at 18 months or so of no home games...... well.

This has always been my major gripe with Archway. All the "family business" & "been here for years" bullshit they spouted is true of the hundreds of other small businesses that depend on match day for their income.The likelihood is that if the club have to move for a season many of them will go under because of Archways selfishness.
An interesting point, but the move away now seems inevitable so it would be a case of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

People say the insurance won't be as much as the club would've paid out but I'm not so sure. Anyone here familiar with commercial insurance? Presumably they would be covered for loss of trade as well as physical assets? After that they still own the land and the CPO still has to be dealt with so the club will still have to pay out....plus the inevitable investigation will take time, all while the clock is ticking on the July 2012 Haringey CPO.

I don't really expect anything less from the Standard though. Their raison d'etre is to be sensationalist

Give them time. Half the staff are putting the finishing touches to the "House prices soar as investigation finds immigrant responsible for Princess Diana murder and kidnapping of Madeline McCann. McCann parents celebrate by discovering cure for Cancer" story.

It'll be "Locals diagnose with Cancer caused by burning steelworks, intentionally started by immigrant unemployed football yobs after conservative heel-dragging raises political and racial tensions, all started by greedy Jewish football owners and over-paid footballers"

:myword:

Back
Top Bottom