Are The Players Lazy, Shit Or Both?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are The Players Shit Or Lazy Or Both?

• Total voters

Team Tanguy

Each Baz like = I give him a call <3
Most people (including myself) believe the squad needs investment because quite frankly the players are not good enough.

Many people also believe that the players have let us and previous managers down. That they downed tools/forced certain managers out.

Surely if they're shit then that's not their fault?

Or are they even shitter because of laziness on top of being shit?

What do you think the problem is?

Most people (including myself) believe the squad needs investment because quite frankly the players are not good enough.

Many people also believe that the players have let us and previous managers down. That they downed tools/forced certain managers out.

Surely if they're shit then that's not their fault?

Or are they even shitter because of laziness on top of being shit?

What do you think the problem is?

We have a cross-section of players who's attitudes/work-ethic has caused them to under-perform; some are more shit than lazy, some are more lazy than shit.

.......Yes, coaching plays a part; but we weren't outdone by tactics last night. Just like we weren't in any of these European away games (inc last season too). We've just been half-arsed enough to give the oppo hope that they can fight their way to a big result.

Last edited:
I'm not voting for any of those options. I think the squad has lost its way a bit over the last 2 years. It's also lost some of its star men and now we're floating around with a combination of some more average players and a loss of mentality. Tough to bring back a magic team spirit like the one we had a few years ago. Not impossible, but tough.

I honestly don't know. How can Gio Lo Celso be so important for Argentina but so shit for us?

How can Ndombele so such glimpses of quality but never make his mark on a game - ditto Bergwijn starts for Netherlands.

Rodon is loved by Wales fans, Lucas can so what he did in Amsterdam,.

in 16/17 Dele got 18 PL goals?! how can it all have gone so wrong?

Is it that Eriksen/Dembele/Vertonghen/Alderwiereld were the glue?

Sessegnon, no brain.
Top sportsmen are not just talented in their sport, they have a good brain too. There are many players in many sports who do not achieve top level because they do not have what counts between their ears.
So why should our highly paid footballers get away with not using their brain? Sessegnon’s actions yesterday were just plain stupid. He is playing for a top team at the top level, and yet he acted like a complete idiot.

It's the perfect storm of shitness.

We have players who aren't trying, players who we never should have brought, players who we all thought were class and them mysteriously turned to absolute yellow baby diaper turd seemingly overnight. Players who we have bought based on potential who haven't turned that potential into anything.
Players who are constantly in the matrons office with a sick note and a glass leg.
And players who are just so short of confidence they wilt like spinach in a curry.

Does it really matter either way though? we are basically fucked

We have a cross-section of players who's attitudes/work-ethic has caused them to under-perform; some are more shit than lazy, some are more lazy than shit.

.......Yes, coaching plays a part; but we weren't outdone by tactics last night..... Just like we weren't in any of these European away games (inc last season too). We've just been half-arsed enough to give the oppo hope that they can fight their way to a big result.
Very fair

I think we have a few players who need to be putting in 100% just to be decent. When that's not happening it's not pretty.

If one is interested in a solution; then of course it matters.

25 new players in January bears no semblance of reality, so.......
I don't believe there is a solution with this group of players, that's my point.

Not one that will us back into the mix at any rate. We might stabilise somewhere around 7th-10th and the football might be a little bit better.

Barring a massive cash injection 5-6 players in and about twice that number out I just can't see it.

I don't believe there is a solution with this group of players, that's my point.

Not one that will us back into the mix at any rate. We might stabilise somewhere around 7th-10th and the football might be a little bit better.

Barring a massive cash injection 5-6 players in and about twice that number out I just can't see it.
We are trying to solve it right now. Maybe there just have to be some changes and signings... every little helps... bit by bit, things change. we have a quality coach... providing he stays... be optimistic... look at the positives. hope for the best!!!

........The 'whys and wherefores' of all this still bleeds into our revamp strategy and any chance we have of avoiding the same mistakes moving fwd.

I honestly don't know. How can Gio Lo Celso be so important for Argentina but so shit for us?

How can Ndombele so such glimpses of quality but never make his mark on a game - ditto Bergwijn starts for Netherlands.

Rodon is loved by Wales fans, Lucas can so what he did in Amsterdam,.

in 16/17 Dele got 18 PL goals?! how can it all have gone so wrong?

Is it that Eriksen/Dembele/Vertonghen/Alderwiereld were the glue?
We played well without Dembele, Vertonghen and Toby over the years. I'm not sure i ever remember us playing well without Eriksen. When his form started to go a bit in March 2019 i dont think its coincidence the team suddenly looked shite. He made us tick and we haven't looked the same since. Its like when we lost Carrick and Modric, the fulcrum of the team went and we looked a bit ruderless.

We played well without Dembele, Vertonghen and Toby over the years. I'm not sure i ever remember us playing well without Eriksen. When his form started to go a bit in March 2019 i dont think its coincidence the team suddenly looked shite. He made us tick and we haven't looked the same since. Its like when we lost Carrick and Modric, the fulcrum of the team went and we looked a bit ruderless.

I don't think what you say is necessarily untrue, but at the same time Dembele was huge for us and Eriksen was SO much more effective with Moussa in the team.

Dembele created time and space for everyone else to play in and move into and this is like gold-dust.... Especially as the EPL becomes more and more pressing-orientated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom