Are we a one man team???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SinghYid

Just Do It
Should we be called Bale Hotspur ??? :balelol:

I mean, I keep on hearing on how everyone says Tottenham are a one man team and on how this is worse then how Aresnal were with RVP last year.

Is this really true? I dont know and I honestly dont think so. But what I know is that I am sick of hearing all these people say that. Hands down, no doubt Bale is a great great player, if not the best player in the lilywhite ....

But, what is the truth. Yes, bale scores all the goals, which inevitably wins us the game ... but still I believe that in most games the team works their socks off ...

Look at the likes of Lloris, Lennon, Verts, Parker ...

Yes, it is the simple truth that the player who scores usually gets all the highlights and this is our problem ... we are having problems with getting goals from anyone else.
It is just that Bale is in this godly form that we have to play with his strengths ...

(I mean isn't that what Barca do for Messi or RM for Ronaldo .... plus I never ever heard of people calling Man u a one man team, when countless times he was scoring and scoring and bailing them out at the last minute)

The truth is that I am truly honored and so lucky that as a Spurs fan, I know that we grew and had probably one of the best players in the world (despite whatever happens in the future) ... but I dont think ... or least hope we are not a one man team.

But if the truth is that we are a one man team and I am just blinded by the thought of anybody talking shit about this club ....

It's one hell of a one man team and I am gonna enjoy is white it lasts ...
hopefully forever :avbpray:
What do you guys think??? :balesnarl:

...from freekicks/long shots/solo efforts.... Basically things that he does by himself that doesn't need any link up play. Yeah he's put the team on his back (doee) in the last few weeks.

Bale is a great player. But I seriously think twice a game that we should substitute him because of him being a total shite. There are many games a season you never notice Bale.
=
Give it a rest. He's been great the last month but before that I think players like Lennon, Sandro and Verts has been better this season.

At times it can seem like it but without him, we'd still be battling for fourth in the league.

Still hope we can keep him though, obviously.

Bale is a great player. But I seriously think twice a game that we should substitute him because of him being a total shite. There are many games a season you never notice Bale.
=
Give it a rest. He's been great the last month but before that I think players like Lennon, Sandro and Verts has been better this season.
True he can have real bad games. That's the difference between him and Ronaldo (oh god I'm doing it now) is that Bale's crazy form these last 2 weeks is what Ronaldo does 52 weeks a year.

I remember a Saints fan saying they were partly glad that Bale left because it meant all the other players started chipping in more. They were a one man team even with him as a teenager at left-back.

I think we proved earlier in the season that we can cope without Bale. People didn't think we could cope without King, Van der Vaart, and Modric but we adapted.

His ability to produce something special has carried us recently but no we're not.

You can go from back to front throughout the team giving reason after reason as to why as well. From Lloris' last ditch saves, Sandro's interception and tackling stats, Vertonghen's tackling stats, Dembele's drive and our results with him in the side, Defoe's early season goals, Demspey's goals at key moments this season, Lennon's offensive AND defensive work. There's plenty of evidence we are far from a one man team.

Would you have said we were a one man team when we battered United less than 1 month ago? We have been Top 4 or thereabouts for nearly the entire season and Bale has been in scorching form for about 3 weeks.

No we aren't.

But we need more. A new striker in the summer, maybe another attacking Mid/Winger. Holtby is already looking brilliant. He'll keep improving.

This is exactly like the Van Persie situation for the goons last year.

Then that's the response: if we're a one-man team, why isn't Bale triple- or quadruple-teamed? If we are so reliant on him, why do opposing managers even let him touch the ball? Or foul?

RvP last year was amazing since, iirc, he routinely turned absolute garbage service/crosses, etc., into goals. That's a one-man team. Tonight Bale just did what Larsson does: be lethal from set pieces. A more RvP-like Bale would have buried that sitter.

TL;DR: haters, shut up.

Lets be straight here - I grew up watching Hoddle, Ossie, Waddle, Gascoigne, Klinsmann, Ginola.
Bale is fast eclipsing those names.
A few more years playing as he is now and he is going to be on a level with Hoddle.
Appreciate it now before they write books about him!!!

After the QPR game I have to say I was quite frustrated with Bale. If you remember he barely did anything in that game.

It perplexed me that he'd have a game like the Aston Villa game and then still have the tendency to disappear. Not even just disappear but be borderline passive in some games.

Well since then he has totally turned it around and proved himself worthy of all the praise he has received. It is great to see him consistently playing up the potential that he has periodically flashed in the past.

We are not a one man team. It is not even a discussion right now. In our last 15 league games we have only given up 10 goals. We are a very good team overall.

why isn't Bale triple- or quadruple-teamed?
He is.

Neville even touched on it in his analysis before the Real-MU game the other day. He was speaking about how MU should defend against Ronaldo and he showed clips from their game against us at OT. There were almost always three MU players near Bale when he had the ball.

Sure we can be a one man team, let the other team put 4 on Bale, and then Defoe will be left alone. Hello, Defoe, this gives Defoe like 700 bazillion chances at scoring--Form will come. Once other teams catch up, we will have an inform Defoe and Bale. Genius!

Back
Top Bottom