Are we going to make the Champion's League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will wemake the Champion's League?

• Yes

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Don't care - Redknapp's a cunt

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
Yep,

Not necessarily based on the games we have, but based on the games that Newcastle and Chelsea have.

We could be 5 points clear of Chelsea after they play Woolwich.

Then Newcastle go the Chelsea - Chelsea should win this, which wouldn't close the gap on us, but could, if things go to plan, put Newcastle 1/3 points behind us.

Chelsea also have to go to Anfield

Newcastle also have Man City, who are right back in it.

If you look at the table it is in our hands, Newcastle would have to start win games 4-0 to make up the goal difference... so it is all down to us. We need to go back to basics, I'd be with one up front, packing the midfield and catching teams on the break if it meant we could win the rest of our games 1-0 and just get the job done.

Going off topic finishing fourth is more than just Champions League - it is keeping players at the club and attracting others of a high calibre. Must try and do it by any means - back to basics

I am in a massive knee jerk mode right now , i cant see past that atm.

I just dont know how we will break down the relegation battlers , they will come with knives between their teeth and have a go at us , a team that has been battered and broken down since 2012 came around.

Belgian Spur said:
I am in a massive knee jerk mode right now , i cant see past that atm.

I just dont know how we will break down the relegation battlers , they will come with knives between their teeth and have a go at us , a team that has been battered and broken down since 2012 came around.
This is what I am worried about.

To me, relegation battlers are just as much a threat as if we were lining up against City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Newcastle.

I will always believe that we'll make it but the last 20 minutes defending yesterday has really scared me to be honest and we only have 2 fit centre halves (not sure how long Kaboul is out for). Like Sibs said, pack the midfield and counter attack with the speed we have on the flanks. I don't want to rely on others dropping points its too messy.

I personally think it'll be a disaster if we don't and will set us back some way. I can't see Modric and Bale staying if we don't get CL. We also need to attract some top players, can we do that without the CL?

The way we are playing though, I won't be surprised if we fuck this season up completely.

The sooner Harry goes the better, even if it is before the end of the season. Perhaps it'll give the players a boot up the arse for the final push, it seemed to help chelscum.

4 wins.....which based on form is a bit of a no no.

The players really do need to stand up- but problem is in current choice starting line up we have say 4 players who will not be with us next year- so they are no going to drop a bollock for the team- King Gallas Ade and Modric?

I really cant call it, if Chelsea and Newcastle didnt have those games I'd say no due to our abysmal form.

If we do manage to win 4 of the 5, that is a serious tunrnaround in form - I just cant see it. Some of the players loook like they want the season to finish now imo.

blingblingwideface said:
4 wins.....which based on form is a bit of a no no.

The players really do need to stand up- but problem is in current choice starting line up we have say 4 players who will not be with us next year- so they are no going to drop a bollock for the team- King Gallas Ade and Modric?

Come on man , King not dropping a Bollock , thats way out of line

Harry certainly thinks so;

"We have to pick ourselves up, we'll finish fourth, I have no doubt about it," he told Sky Sports News.

"We did this the other year, got beat by Portsmouth in the semi-final but came back. We will finish fourth."

Big words there... I wish I could share his optimism... or maybe he doesn't give a shit 'cos if we DON'T finish 4th, he'll be long gone anyway, so won't have to pick up the pieces form our capitulation...

either way, this coming from the man who 'couldn't see us losing' ...and 'didn't see that goal coming' in MANY MANY games over the course of the last few months, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about his BOLD PREDICTION!

I'll believe it when I see it, and would be glad to see 'Arry proved right, but after actually feeling positive throughout most of the game yesterday (up until about 4-1 I'd say) I'm NEVER doing confidence again... confidence gets you scrambled egg on your face and humble pie on your plate...

i'll leave the misguided confidence and bold statements to Harry... i'm just preparing to watch the rest of the season through my fingers!
And yet I can't fucking wait... it's nuts innit?

Going to QPR on saturday, the only thing I and us can do is sing our hearts out and get behind the boys. We are all in it together and we wont get Champions League football without it all falling into place on the pitch and off.

Back
Top Bottom