Are we now living in a world where the bad guy wins?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm asking this out of pure curiosity, not to mention sour grapes as to how OUR 3-2 game against Man City, and ArseAnal's 3-2 game against Aston Villa both panned out... but the question i raise is a serious one... and goes a little something like this; take it away...

Having watched with horror last weekend at how a blatant act of criminal behaviour (not JUST by the ref b'boom) by Mario Balotelli seemed to go not only unpunished, but positively REWARDED by him being allowed to stay on the pitch and score the winning goal... I got to thinking - through my seething haze of bile and venom - that cheats actually DO prosper after all, and that the (football) world we live in, is a dark, nasty, corrupt place...

then I look to this weekend's games, and lo and behold, Van Persie is not only the 'darling' of the day with his two expertly dispatched goals (i'm sure Sky will try to award him a special prize now for being the only player in history this calendar year to score 2 penalties... surely a statue is in the offing, not to mention a National holiday that we all have to observe?) ...and yet wasn't that the same Robin van Persie who not only elbowed Carlos Ceuller sometime into next week, but was also accused of raping and paying off some girl in order to protect his name (and most certainly, his career)...

...skip across Town to the goings on at the QPR v Chelsea game... the fact that not only Terry is allowed to take the pitch at all, but ALL handshakes are banned smacks of protecting precisely those who do not deserve such treatment.
To deny the opportunity for QPR players to snub the fuck out of him if they want to takes away any chance of a positively nasty piece of scum like Terry being made to feel uncomfortable (poor love) but to prove that actually, the FA does want to close ranks and protect those it deems worthy of protection, regardless of the 'crime' they have committed, and the subsequent message it sends out... more a case of a QPR disaster! (p'nar p'nar)

The fact that in the last 8 days; Man City, ArseAnal, Chelsea (and lest we forget) Liverpool ALL WON important games, whilst owning players who have, in various degrees committed acts that are not only against the spirit of the game, but in some cases, downright criminal and should be dealt with by the Police... (let alone the stuffed up self-appointed gods at the FA) proves to me that crime DOES in fact pay; if you're either rich and famous enough... or happen to work for an employer who are rich enough!

So this begs the question, IF Harry gets sent down, will that then be REWARDED with Spurs finishing 2nd/3rd and winning the FA Cup...?

Are we the good guys or the bad guys this season...? If we're the former, are our hopes of a memorable season going to be dashed... and if we're the latter, can we look forward to reaping our rewards, and signing away our souls to the devils that seem to rule this world right now?

What number do we want to be in????? THASS what I wanna know!

FORZA YIDULTRAS!

I think it is just called life ...nice guys always come second-

Maybe you need "the dog in you" to succeed..whether that shows itself in an amazing will to win..like those tennis players over the weekend or as a poster boy for the white trash army is of course up to you.

Would be interested to know how the club/fans would have reacted it was one of our players caught up in the racist malestrum?

Now of course it is easy to say that none of players are that type...and the fact I can hardly remember any hounding of a ref or a really nasty tackle by a player maybe backs that up ( and nothing wrong with that) so question is pointless , but even though you would hope the club would say not play the player until the matter had been resolved and then send him packing in the Januray window at a rock bottom price etc. I just think that financial issues would ride roughshod over any moral stance.

Fan wise would hope blind loyalty would not take centre stage-

I know a couple of Liverpool fans who are quite embarrassed by the whole 't-Shirt' thing, but I think it's more 'cos it involved the whole squad rather than just one player... I guess most Chelsea fans would support John Terracist, but only 'cos he's theirs... if he were another team's player, who KNOWS where their levels of hypocrisy could stoop!

I'd rather us 'win nice' than cheat and batter our way to the title... but maybe (as my original point queries) such naively moral principles are no longer a part of today's' game!

1882 said:
I know a couple of Liverpool fans who are quite embarrassed by the whole 't-Shirt' thing, but I think it's more 'cos it involved the whole squad rather than just one player... I guess most Chelsea fans would support John Terracist, but only 'cos he's theirs... if he were another team's player, who KNOWS where their levels of hypocrisy could stoop!

I'd rather us 'win nice' than cheat and batter our way to the title... but maybe (as my original point queries) such naively moral principles are no longer a part of today's' game!

in these morally uncertain times, where disgusting cheats seemingly prosper and filthy cunts seemingly come out on top (and not just in football), it's important to keep the faith.

in the words of bill nicholson...

"there's no use being satisfied when things are done wrongly. i want perfection."

"it's no use just winning, we've got to win well."

Back
Top Bottom