As an American can I truly be a fan of Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buy 2 season tickets and allow me to use the other one ad-lib and sure.... You'll truly be the fairest supporter in the galaxy, my yankee-doodle friend.

Anyone can be a fan. Buy a shirt, maybe a hand and half scarf and get the old song sheet out.

:llorishowudoin:

Home and away fanatical supporters are the few rather than the many after all.

Although I read Man United have 400million “die-hard” fans.
Not sure what Bruce Willis has to with anything though.

Mate, if you’re still wondering, bail out now. My decision to start supporting Spurs at the age of seven, from this distance, was comfortably the worst decision I’ve ever made. You’re still comparatively young. Burn everything you have relating to Spurs - wash that navy and white from your hands, and settle down with a nice girl. A lifetime of abject misery awaits if you choose to ignore this well meant advice. If however you do - welcome aboard you poor bastard.

Last edited:
Bit drastic to say he's never going to experience a live game at his tender age. I know Americans are not great travellers, but surely you would make it happen if it meant that much to you.

Definitely,the more the merrier,doesn't matter where you're from on this planet of ours whether you're a season ticket holder or armchair supporter as long as you show your support and love for this wonderful club is fine by me COYS

No ,
'since you came over to Blighty offering unobtainable knicker elastic , stockings ,spam and crap chocolate to all the birds for a quick shag , while all the blokes were in the desert doing their bit with Monty.
Unforgivable .

Last edited:
It all depends. If you can correct the next paragraph then you pass the test .

“ Tottenham is a great road team and its latest shut out at Tranmere and 7 goals after 40’minutes at zero zero showed its strength in defence and offence. 14 shots on frame , with no PK’s from 12 and some great plays by Son including an excellent roller ball shot was soccer at its best with Coach Pochettino fully using his roster. “

He’s 22 and thinks he’s never going to see a match at the new WHL? Shame.

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.

I’m definitely going to another match in London. No idea when, but it will happen.

As a fellow American fan this is a bit what you would call "cringey." One thing I think all supporters should do, including foreign ones, is read up on the club's history. I'm a bit longer-tenured than most American fans ('07ish, while most have come about in the post-Bale/NBC era), but when I started following them I devoured every book I could find on Spurs. Even when I talk to knowledgeable American Spurs fans I'm usually surprised by how little they know their history outside of general knowledge about the Double and maybe Ossie and Ricky. But I guess I have a history degree so it's natural for me...

In my view, you can be a fan wherever you’re from, but a supporter is someone who genuinely supports the club by putting their money into tickets regularly, and cheering the team on, just my opinion.

But if you say ‘top of the D’ ‘head strike’ or ‘hustle’ then fuck off and follow someone else

I have always said you can be a fan and live anywhere, but to be a supporter you need to attend some games.

I got to say I disagree with this view.
Take me, for example, I used to go to every home game back in the early '80s, probably every home game between 1980 up to 1998.
Due to me moving to Ireland, along with other things, I haven't been able to attend any games. The last game I attended was Shamrock Rovers in Dublin in 2011 ?.
Does this mean that I am now only a fan and not a supporter ?
Also if a person live 4/8/12 thousand miles away they are not going to be able to attend games, unless it's a friendly in their home country. Does this make them "less" a supporter than anyone else ?
IMHO No it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom