Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You posted an opinion which you have every right to do. I, and many others, don't agree with you and you got challenged on it.

Nothing more, nothing less. That doesn't make this place 'Rawk-like'

Aside from 15 minutes in the first half, we were in total control of that game.
I thought we made quite a few loose passes in the first half and gave the ball away, also big errors from Bissouma and Romero that we got away with because Villa couldn't turn those errors into goals.

I thought we made quite a few loose passes in the first half and gave the ball away, also big errors from Bissouma and Romero that we got away with because Villa couldn't turn those errors into goals.

There was a 15 minute period in which Villa were on top. That was it though. And I agree re the errors from Mr Bissouma and Monsieur Romero.

Yes they have.

You act like an ignorant, know-nothing cunt, and in fairness, you achieve that. Fair play.

I genuinely (and I 10000% mean this) pity your existence. Sorry bro, hope things get better for you.

Oh, and delete your account.

lol this guy's fully lost his head :harrylol:

goat1.png

goat2.png

I’d say there are plenty on here who would have said max 6 out of 11 players at the time.

The GK is debatable for a start. World Cup winning v a relative PL newbie.
Don’t think anybody would argue about the CBs.
Watkins started the season well at CF.
Even today people are still arguing on here about Kulu.

He’s always going to be biased - not quite Keown with his 11 man woolwich team though.

They were one and the same thing, tbf; the give aways were said loose passes from B & R..... Villa's best chances were offside anyway or capably dealt with by the imperious Mr Van Den Ven.

The only save I remember all game was when Vic threw himself at the feet of some cunt and got a whack in the head.

I did say we didn't threaten much in the first half. But we did control the ball/play for the most part, Villa got tired, and we capitalised on that with a banging second half display.

TBH it doesn't sound like we're far apart in our opinions, except I don't agree this place is anything like that vile RAWK place.

:harrylol:

We’re probably not. It’s just people jump on small parts of a post and draw wild conclusions, for some reason thinking I was trying to discredit us (I wasn’t).

We were really fucking stunningly good in that second half. Some of the most ruthless final third play I’ve seen from us in ages.

And I’ve already massively praised individuals.. post match player ratings show that. People are just insanely sensitive to anything that isn’t pure praise sometimes imo.

We’re probably not. It’s just people jump on small parts of a post and draw wild conclusions, for some reason thinking I was trying to discredit us (I wasn’t).

We were really fucking stunningly good in that second half. Some of the most ruthless final third play I’ve seen from us in ages.

And I’ve already massively praised individuals.. post match player ratings show that. People are just insanely sensitive to anything that isn’t pure praise sometimes imo.

:angehug:

But don't you ever compare this place to RAWK ever again or I'll cut you. With my wit

Haven't finished yet butty. When I find a post I like, I'll let you know.

Total side-quest here; but when did "Budd/Buddy" become Butt (arse)/Butty (bread roll)???????

..........Seeing that from a bunch of posters.

[ Off I march to the "Things that annoy me" thread. ]

Total side-quest here; but when did "Budd/Buddy" become Butt (arse)/Butty (bread roll)???????

..........Seeing that from a bunch of posters.

[ Off I march to the "Things that annoy me" thread. ]

Butt/Butty is just a Welsh thing I think (or at least I've only ever seen/heard people call each other than in Wales)

They were one and the same thing, tbf; the give aways were said loose passes from B & R..... Villa's best chances were offside anyway or capably dealt with by the imperious Mr Van Den Ven.

The only save I remember all game was when Vic threw himself at the feet of some cunt and got a whack in the head.
We made quite a few loose passes in the first half whilst attacking, It's just that Romero and Bissouma made a howler each in defence,

Personally I'd have given player of the match to Udogie dispite Son's involvement in some of the goals.

I’d say there are plenty on here who would have said max 6 out of 11 players at the time.

The GK is debatable for a start. World Cup winning v a relative PL newbie.
Don’t think anybody would argue about the CBs.
Watkins started the season well at CF.
Even today people are still arguing on here about Kulu.

He’s always going to be biased - not quite Keown with his 11 man woolwich team though.
I honestly don't think I'd have a single Villa player in a combined XI. The only issue would be my protesting to Villa fans, that I had been through all the correct processes to arrive at the final XI, and that it was genuinely "combined", despite featuring zero Villa players. Martinez is a good keeper to be fair, but I'd take Vic. Also, the rules were changed so that Martinez's penalty party piece is no longer allowed.

Yep. RAWK.

It’s the fallback of truth. The amount of gooner allegations thrown about because people aren’t happy clappy or want to analyse a match differently is insane.

The media paranoia and ref blaming are other aspects which are making it more RAWK-like. A constant stream of woe is us atm.
That goes both ways, and it's a small minority on both sides.

We're nothing like RAWK. It's telling that these accusations are only levelled by anyone making contentious statements. The very fact that it's contentious means that it is going to be contended. The more contentious, the bigger the response will be.

Now you do get a few that can be insulting, but you also get a good deal of people on here who actually backing their challenge with facts or analysis backed opinion.

It further telling that these posters get ignored and the insults are zeroed in on.

If you've come to debate a contentious opinion, then ignore the insults and engage with those who've offered a genuine challenge.

It's utter laziness to just tar everyone else as RAWKish, when the simplest answer is often the correct one, and that is that you were wrong.

It's utter laziness to just tar everyone else as RAWKish, when the simplest answer is often the correct one, and that is that you were wrong.

Oh no I was right .. and you remain wrong. Or at least I was right in what I was actually saying, not the spin on it. But don’t worry, I won’t hold it against you.

Back
Top Bottom