Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No you're right... I hope Romero decapitates Cash and shits down his gaping neck hole...
THEN kicks his twitching, headless body repeatedly until it stops writhing...
Oh, and the rest of the team gather round the corpse and bukake all over it!
Plus, the ref issues Cash a red card for time wasting!!

LIVE on TV!!

Soft indeed?? Pffft!

This type of reaction is way over the top.
I worry for our society when I read things like this.

You need the church in your life my son.

This one.

a3ac173b33323d7610e38652de51505c.jpg

Actually, two of our players...

e9722d6d-33af-4469-a772-bf7d3683e7e4.jpg
It's nice that some people want to forgive/protect him, but he is unequivocally a cheating cowardly cunt and he needs to be physically broken to teach him a lesson.

Anyone who is 'above this petty bullshit' is a coward and snowflake and literally supporting people like him to continue to do horrible, painful things to other sportsmen with no regard for their welfare.

And no, I don't want Romero to get away with it either*. I don't like it when he goes over the top. But I do love a good, strong, fair challenge.

* Unless it's charlie adam, twatty cash, a chav/spam/goon player, or to stop an equalising goal in the last minute of a cup final.**

** What? It's called 'cognitive dissonance'. Deal with it.

It makes me think of how lesser teams played against Barcelona in their pomp, in the heyday of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and co. Exactly the same thing, the ones who did it poorly were punished, the ones who were the most organised occasionally got away with it.

It's why I hate the idiotic "tiki-taka" expression, not least because it was coined by an imbecile commentator on Antena 3 who by his own constant admission, knew nothing about football (he was a basketball commentator, and a really shit one too according to my mates who follow that sport).

FCB were the best team in the world at the time, but they had to do exactly as you say above - be patient, "frustrate them, not give them the ball and wear them down physically and mentally". The only alternatives are (as people then and now cried out for) to "run at them aggressively" (you'll probably lose the ball and be open to a counter) or shoot from distance in which case you'll probably miss or have your shot blocked and be open to a counter.

I remember an interview with Xavi who was faced with a cretinous interviewer who accused Barça of being boring, suggesting instead that they did the above. Again and again, Xavi patiently tried to explain, again and again the interviewer insisted that Messi, as the best player in the world, should shoot from 30 yards all the time as he was bound to score. XH ended up face palming, saying essentially "Don't you think we practice all that stuff in training? What experience do you have?"

He was dead right.

Mate; this is different though...

This isn't just some 2 bob journo..... We're talking about random schmucks on the internet here.... Next level credibility. :freund:

Just had a cheeky little look on Villa Talk....

Fuck me they are cocky, 4 nils and all sorts of nonsense being predicted on there.

Think they are in for a very rude awakening Sunday.
I think it's tough to call but after the last couple of games where we've been playing against a team encamped in their own box (done to better effect by Wolves than Palace) it's going to be refreshing to play against a Villa side that'll probably go for it.

If we don't do anything defensively stupid then we should have a lot of joy attacking them. Hope we blow them out of the water like we should have done in the first half at home.

Back
Top Bottom