Aston villa vs Spurs Sunday 21st March 19:30 Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am someone that says all players should do whatever they can for the advantage (and therefore disadvantage of their opponent = this includes diving, cheating and generally being a cunt of the highest order but it has to be executed with perfection and if not deserves to be public assassination).

But I see nothing other than a penalty here. Cash takes out Kane in the box, it's a foul and therefore a pen. I don't get why it's supposed to be "cute, clever". It's a blatant foul.
Oh! Sorry if this has already been posted but these are the comments from the Villa manager:

“It’s a penalty,” Smith said. “Harry’s miscontrolled it and the ball’s gone out of play, but he [Cash] has gone to ground and he’s caught him.”

Sorry if this is obvious but that's exactly what's happened. What the fuck is there to debate?

Despite bizarrely looking like a 1950s bank clerk I thought the drug-addled old soak spoke well last night.

A damn sight better than Jamie Redknapp at least, although I accept that isn't a very high bar.
Agreed. I too was intending to make positive noises about his performance, which was a welcome breath of fresh air, having endured the myopic, one-sided bile spewing from the mouths of the commentators throughout the game. Even-handed they were not.

The 'unscrupulous' comment by Lineker is very telling. He's happy to publically imply that Kane cheated. Whereas you'd hope, even if he thought that, that he'd protect a fellow England and Spurs player. It does smack of jealousy.

Lineker was a great player for England, but the truth is Kane is twice the footballer and seemingly 100 times the human being.

The 'unscrupulous' comment by Lineker is very telling. He's happy to publically imply that Kane cheated. Whereas you'd hope, even if he thought that, that he'd protect a fellow England and Spurs player. It does smack of jealousy.

Lineker was a great player for England, but the truth is Kane is twice the footballer and seemingly 100 times the human being.

I don't know a single Spurs fan that doesn't detest Lineker as a person. Most EFC fans (in my experience) have a similar opinion.

Odious individual with absolutely no moral fibre.

See Moura has come out and says the squad back Jose. I tell you what if we turn this around and Jose does as well this will be Jose's finest hour as a coach in his career. Without a doubt. If he unearth players just there for the money and thats the reasons for our failings I will tip my hat off the Jose. One swallow dont make a summer but if we go on a run now and the metality improves Jose deserves big credit. The nearly men tag has to change and the players must want it.

Harry seems to have a few people take cheap shots at him. Funny we ask quite unreasonably for young often poorly educated , very rich men to be role models. Then we get one whose professionalism and private life does exactly that , so they dig him out for bullshit like the penalty, WHICH WAS THE CORRECT BLOODY DECISION

See Moura has come out and says the squad back Jose. I tell you what if we turn this around and Jose does as well this will be Jose's finest hour as a coach in his career. Without a doubt. If he unearth players just there for the money and thats the reasons for our failings I will tip my hat off the Jose. One swallow dont make a summer but if we go on a run now and the metality improves Jose deserves big credit. The nearly men tag has to change and the players must want it.
I haven't seen that, but it's good to hear. At least it's a *glimmer* of hope that we could avoid the 2-year rebuilding project and mid-table obscurity that might entail.

And I have to agree, if José pulls a rabbit out of this hat, he truly is a magician.

Only way I see it is if Levy has taken on board his comments about un-coachable issues at the club. Otherwise it's all just going to start again this summer.

I am slightly less pessimistic than I was a few days ago.

:mourcheeks:

I don't know a single Spurs fan that doesn't detest Lineker as a person. Most EFC fans (in my experience) have a similar opinion.

Odious individual with absolutely no moral fibre.

It's a real shame because I have respect for what he did in terms of scoring for our club.

Would be a spurs legend if he wasn't such a massive self-fisting bellend.

I am someone that says all players should do whatever they can for the advantage (and therefore disadvantage of their opponent = this includes diving, cheating and generally being a cunt of the highest order but it has to be executed with perfection and if not deserves to be public assassination).

But I see nothing other than a penalty here. Cash takes out Kane in the box, it's a foul and therefore a pen. I don't get why it's supposed to be "cute, clever". It's a blatant foul.
Most of Africa think that Lineker dived to get two pens vs Cameroon in the World Cup 1990. Quite possibly did but who cares.
And who cares if Harry manufactures a pen vs France in the euro final.

Back
Top Bottom