At minimum, what do you expect from Tottenham's manager next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At minimum, what do you expect from Tottenham's manager next year?

• Total voters
Come in and not give everybody a fresh start. Whoever comes in needs to know this league and know the players that have let this club down time after time and not performed. Need a manager to do what poch did when ade,kaboul etc got fucked off out of it and even though it wasn't the greatest put two players in the middle in Mason and bentaleb because they did the basics. We've fucked up that bad that we literally need reset to pochs first season and go through it all again and rebuild. He needs to have a good attacking philosophy and be willing to give youngsters a fair chance to prove themselves. Get the hunger back in this team that so many are now lacking a few youngsters like skipp, sess even foyth,scarlett that are eager to prove.

Not a great deal.

I think we will remain around seventh. I’m really disappointed in Ndombele and Lo Celso. I don’t expect a new manager to make either of them really click.

Looking forward to seeing Skipp return and forge a spine with Rodon.

I also expect it to be Kane’s last year so hopefully there’s some sort of plan for our front line. We might lose Son too, so again, hopefully there’s some sort of plan.

Not a great deal.

I think we will remain around seventh. I’m really disappointed in Ndombele and Lo Celso. I don’t expect a new manager to make either of them really click.

Didn’t Kovačić on loan at Chelsea look pretty underwhelming? It took subsequent managers to pull out some performances out of him. Hoping something similar occurs with these two, thus far we seem to have massively overpaid...

Didn’t Kovačić on loan at Chelsea look pretty underwhelming? It took subsequent managers to pull out some performances out of him. Hoping something similar occurs with these two, thus far we seem to have massively overpaid...
He definitely had a rough start at life at Chelsea.

Someone need to come in and gets rid of some of the absolute pretenders we have on our books and instills a bit of pride back into this club.

Not expecting miracles but that dressing room is in desperate need a shake up in the form of a few tough personalities and leaders on the pitch. Hopefully then we might start to see them being made accountable for the absolute wank they've served up this season.

A new manager to create stability and a sense of purpose for the players and the club.

As best they can to start to develop a club philosophy in terms of how he wants football to be played.

To have something that looks like the players believe in, even if results in the short term aren't always positive.

In other words along the same lines of what Pochettino created if possible, but one that is tangible even if it is set on different playing principles.

And most definitely to embed mental strength and resolve into the squad. An absolute must.

In terms of style of football I am quite ambivalent. As long as it's not hump it and lump it I am quite calm as long as it's progressive.

It's nice that so many fans are aligned with Mourinho about how "shit" our squad is. Really warms the cockles.

A manager who improves players and gives them belief in themselves is the first thing I'm looking for next season.

Our players have regressed and now so many believe they are shit and many fans agree. West Ham are where with Craig Dawson at the back? We need FUCKING COACHING
Doesn't matter which manager you bring in, you ain't winning shit with Sissoko, Dier and Sanchez.

As soon as just one of our starting 11 gets injured we are utterly fucked our lack of quality on the bench is apparent to all.

Until then we'll be stuck in a time loop chopping and changing managers while Sissoko racks up over 140 prem appearances.

Booting out all our deadwood would be a winning start.
Many of the deadwood will still be here next season because nobody will pay the wages they are on here.
The next manager will still have the vast majority of this squad to work with.
Whoever is in charge it will be very similar to this season shit squad with very little desire or effort.
I hope I am wrong but I highly doubt it.

I am actually coming to the view it probably won’t be too bad if we miss out on the EL. We have on paper at least a decent first 11 and we have to sell some deadwood. The problem with the EL which the likes of West Ham will get to experience next season is it kills you if you don’t have depth.

If we make a decent managerial appointment, sell the crap and buy a couple of players with less games depth won’t matter and we can make a real go of top 4 and the domestic cups.

I think someone who can fly based on the nonsense on here.

Oh and someone, who in the absence of hundreds of millions of pounds that all Spurs managers should have, can still get players to pass to their team mates.

Back
Top Bottom