AVB - A reminder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see a manager not beating around the bush:

Asked by the Italian media ahead of Thursday's clash whether he would consider a career in Serie A, AVB added: "Now I feel great at Tottenham where I can work on a new project."

:avbdamn:

Let's hope he gets the time he needs to exact his vision. Speaking with some Spurs fans today who think he's shit, Vertonghen is shit, we're shit, basically. Does my head in.

S.L.R said:
Let's hope he gets the time he needs to exact his vision. Speaking with some Spurs fans today who think he's shit, Vertonghen is shit, we're shit, basically. Does my head in.

What has Vertonghen done wrong so far this year to be deemed "shit"? Sounds more like you were talking to North London fans of a different color.

penpen said:
S.L.R said:

What has Vertonghen done wrong so far this year to be deemed "shit"? Sounds more like you were talking to North London fans of a different color.

Barnet fans? Can't say I consider Watford North London.

No, not talking to scum. I do that increasingly rarely these days as it happens. But no, it's the fact we keep conceding late on in games. The idea was that Verts and Gallas are shit defensivel. I delivered some swift opinion but you know, that was probably disregarded swiftly as well.

S.L.R said:
No, not talking to scum. I do that increasingly rarely these days as it happens. But no, it's the fact we keep conceding late on in games. The idea was that Verts and Gallas are shit defensivel. I delivered some swift opinion but you know, that was probably disregarded swiftly as well.

vertonghen will be fine, bit nervy at times but once he settles down he'll be a good player for us. i'd sort of agree that him and gallas aint the best pairing, both read the game well but neither are proactive at attacking the ball in the same way as kaboul or dawson, verts would be better paired with either of those 2 imo, gallas on the bench for a cool head to come on and sort out any issues if needed.
the other reason we concede late goals is we concede too much territory when we have the lead and defend far too deep with too many players at set pieces, although the reading goal shouldnt be worried about, we were coasting and had at least earned the right to coast this time.

Yeah actually I agree in that Vertonghen would be better suited alongside Kaboul/Daws.

The thing is though it wasn't, for example, Friedel doing all the talking in the pre-match huddle. It was Gallas. And both Daws and Eunice have put their best performances in alongside a leader - as opposed to leading themselves. I still think we have to get used to playing without Gallas though of course, given his physical limitations now.

Yeah I agree with that but until I see him communicating to the team like that I'll reserve judgement on whether he will be a leader here.

Smoked Salmon said:
Anyone seen the Daily Fail website this morning? It's runnig the headline "At last! AVB gives Lloris long awaited debut".

The witch hunt is pathetic.

Long awaited? :avbfacepalm:

The second match he's available for and he gets a game. Don't see how that's long awaited. Then again the toilet paper I wipe my arse with has more journalistic integrity than the Daily Fail.

Lex said:
penpen said:
S.L.R said:

To be fair, Barnet fans definitely know shit when they see it.

Lex said:
penpen said:
S.L.R said:

That's because Watford is North West London ;)

I wonder sometimes.

The game I watched one the weekend made me very excited about Spurs this season. The communication between players was so much better (Verts breaking forward and Sandro slotting in to cover CD, the attacking passes to Lennon and Bale staying on the left wing for 80% of the game). Dembele is still getting used to the way we play but damn it, the signs point to him running our midfield. THudd looked brilliant when he came on and Siggy's passing and movement although different to VDV, are beginning to look class (especially to Lennon).

Sure, Reading were a bit rusty after not playing the Sunderland game before the international break, this is the team that made Chelsea look crap a few weeks ago and we made them look like sunday league in the first half. Even when they got the hairdryer treatment at half time and came out pressing harder, we still soaked up the pressure and returned to dominating again.

Yeh sure, I'll be holding off calling AVB the second coming of Bill Nic until he gets the team humming all season and the next ... and next etc but I swear I can see hints of how we can look when the team starts to really click.

The future's bright .....

for what it's worth, chelski won cl with avb's pre-season.

Kyle Walker said the quality in training was the best he ever experienced, this makes me very happy

I don't think joe jordan, kevin bond and harry had a clue what they were doing. I'm glad they're gone from my Club, and i hope to never see them again... ever

pjohn5 said:
for what it's worth, chelski won cl with avb's pre-season.

Kyle Walker said the quality in training was the best he ever experienced, this makes me very happy

I don't think joe jordan, kevin bond and harry had a clue what they were doing. I'm glad they're gone from my Club, and i hope to never see them again... ever

You probably will when Harry gets the Chelsea job.

Back
Top Bottom