AVB'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hope, we, as fans give him and his team some time and dont get all whingy if we dont finish top 4 or even top 5 this coming season.

henryp0p said:
Now for the Villas Boas statement:

Tottenham Hotspur is a great club with a strong tradition and fantastic support, both at home and throughout the world. I feel privileged to be its coach. For me, this is one of the most exciting coaching positions in the Premier League. I have had several discussions with the Chairman and the Board and I share their vision for the future progress of the Club. This is a squad any coach would love to work with and together I believe we can bring success in the seasons ahead.

Said a very similar thing before we played them at WHL at christmas:

“Tottenham are in the middle of an unbelievable run and are a team full of fantastic players.

“So it is only right that Harry Redknapp declares it is their intention to challenge for the title this time.

“Harry wouldn’t say something like that if his players didn’t have the full belief they can go all the way.

“White Hart Lane is one of the most difficult places to go. They always have the backing of a chanting crowd creating a wonderful environment.”

Dru said:
I just hope, we, as fans give him and his team some time and dont get all whingy if we dont finish top 4 or even top 5 this coming season.

I'm certain the vast majority of Spurs fans will moan like hell if we don't make the top four/five! The vast majority of Spurs fans seem to think it's our God-given right to beat the likes of West Brom, Sunderland, or whoever. Boils my piss.

Harry Villas-Boas.

Mind = fucked

m0YvA.jpg

From here.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/footandballblog/status/221001590067310592[/tweet]

Yeah I understand about 20% of the words in those scout notes, would love to see Redknapp trying to understand them.

I was glad when Levy sacked Redknapp. Was starting to get fed up with the limited tactics, the lack of a plan B, and stupid substitutions. Parker coming on instead of Defoe at Villa when we needed a goal is the standout one for me. Disloyal and couldn't keep his gob shut was probably his downfall in the end.

I think AVB is the best available man for the job. He had a rotter at Chelsea because he crossed John Terry and Lampard and they practically run the gaff. He was never going to succeed after that. I've got a mate who's a Chelsea fan, and he said he thinks AVB will do well at Spurs because the tactics he tried to use at Chelsea will suite the way we play. Use of the wide men and a high defensive line (this didn't work at Chelsea because John Terry is a slow cnut and prefers to sit back).

I'm willing to give any manager time. I think with the right backing, from both the board and the supporters, he can do a Job. It concerns me that he has his haters already but there's always some. First stop Newcastle.. Loud and Proud! :beer: :coys:

dmartins13 said:
Don't know if anyone has posted this (or cares) but interesting to see everyone's feelings on AVB before he was ours :wub:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/ ... t1511.html
It's quite interesting that the main theme of that thread is "Chelsea are cunts" rather than "AVB is shit"

Also, am I the only one feeling quietly optimistic about the coming season? We're quietly going about our business early, making sensible acquisitions and gradually strengthening the key positions. I have total faith that we'll bring in a striker or two in this window, come to a conclusion with the Modric saga, and be reading for the season ahead.

Come on you Spurs! :rafaaaa:

AVB grew on me over the weeks leading up to his appointment. I still have the same concerns I did back in March if I'm honest, about the way he seemed to clutch at straws tactically midgame sometimes, and about being so glued to his philosophy that he couldn't play to his team's strengths. But from what I've read since he has acknowledged his mistakes at chelscum, and having also read a lot more about his ideas I'm excited about what's happening.

The most exciting thing of all is that if it works, we could potentially have a dynasty type manager on our hands. But after Ramos, I'm wary of being seduced by the prospect of a manager coming to stay for a decade or whatever. Best to see how things go and just hope that a long successful tenure lay ahead. If he AVB got us challenging for the title, challenging in the Champs League, for all we know he could be snapped up by Man United or, who knows? Barca etc.

That reference to Ramos has just made me realise something which could potentially apply.

Didn't Ramos try to give the players a new training regime and diet plans and stuff? Didn't go down too well did it..

Abbey Yid said:
That reference to Ramos has just made me realise something which could potentially apply.

Didn't Ramos try to give the players a new training regime and diet plans and stuff? Didn't go down too well did it..
They went on strike and deliberately played badly to force the manager out (Woodgate pretty much hinted at this in a post match interview).

Sound familiar? It should after the any that the form of Messrs CunTerry, Lampard and Cole magically improved the day AVB left.

AVB is either going to be a rousing success or the most monumental fuck up of our recent history. Fingers crossed it's the former.

Back
Top Bottom