Back to basics Match Thread:. LIVERPOOL FC v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC: Sunday, 4.30pm (aka: Tea-time) Deal with it!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree. I think people are going a bit overboard on the last 2 games. Is it really much different to the likes of Leicester and Leeds at home earlier in the season? Dominated in the first half of those but find a way, largely through Kane and Son to comeback. The one constant throughout the season has been a complete lack of control in any game, even against the weakest teams in the division.
Exactly in both those aforementioned ganes we could have easily conceded more goals.
The attitude change is not something mason has developed as it’s more a necessity at that point. Only diff with toon gane is both manure and dippers didn’t really go for it. The tactics need to change fit start of the gane.

Suspension for the rest of the season!
LET´S START A PETITION!!!

crowd riot GIF

Say what you want about Klopp, but he's successfully managed to steer ALL of the talk away from the 2 major talking points, and made it all about him.

Granted that's a doddle when it comes to the press, but he's got everyone on here focussing on him.

He's an odious prick, but he's a smart one.

Say what you want about Klopp, but he's successfully managed to steer ALL of the talk away from the 2 major talking points, and made it all about him.

Granted that's a doddle when it comes to the press, but he's got everyone on here focussing on him.

He's an odious prick, but he's a smart one.

You're giving him too much credit, way too much even imho. He's previously exploded several times, when he's had nothing to deflect from. And whenever things aren't going his way, then even when he's not exploding, he alternates between looking like he's about to do just that and a look of just having been told his best friend is shagging his wife despite promising never to do it again ie disbelief of the world being cruel to him.

For my money he's a highly functioning sociopath hiding behind a very charming persona. He just happens to be in a high pressure job, where the facade cracks at intervals.

Just started my deep dive on Spursplay. Sorry its late but I've been busy.
Hojbjerg had his foot stamped on before the first goal. Clear free kick, possible yellow. Ref let it go and gave Liverpool possession.

First goal obviously Porro at fault but Forster ? Could he have done better if more agile ?

Second goal. As it came from our left side but it was our central defender who was exposed and out paced ( Dier). I was interested to see where our left side defenders were. Davies and Perisic were OOP up the pitch and frozen static, leaving Dier on his own.
This is exactly what I meant by starting matches in a more circumspect and cautious way. Dier looks to be at fault although he was no way matching the pace even in his younger days. He needed back up, it wasn't there.

Also Forster again, it would have been tremendous reactions but he flapped too late. We've seen such saves pulled off.

Back
Top Bottom