Bad luck or bad rotation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With questions like these the answer always seems to lie somewhere in the middle. That said, it is only 16 games, there is no justifiable reason for feeling burnt out.

I maintain that there's a difference between being burnt out and being tired after your last match. When AVB says it takes 48 hours to recover that's a generalization, and a way to defend his decisions on team selection.

You say one single game but how often have all those players been available for selection at the same time?

Naughton was out for a while, Hudd was desperately short of fitness at the start of the season and Ade has only just come back to fitness.

I said since the Villa game on October 7th. I think everyone in the team I put up has been available since then.

Ade was back for Villa, and has been available ever since. As has Naughton. Hudd has actually played in all the PL games since Villa, so not sure why you brought him up..

We've played seven games since then, four in the PL, and I havent once seen what IMO is our strongest line up.

My bad, I missed the 'since October' bit.

But still, I'm sure Ade hasn't been available for every game since then has he?

I checked as I remember moaning about him being out again and missing too many games,

After Villa he was on the bench V Chavs then we didn't see him in a squad again until Wigan where he was back on the bench.
1st start came at Maribor then we had City

Back
Top Bottom