BAE out for rest of season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dunno, Bale at left back could work. It'd stop him wandering all over the pitch and he'd still be able to do his surging runs in much the same way as Walker does on the right.

It could actually benefit us!

With the right player in front of him it could work. i.e. someone that is happy to hold the ball, let Bale overlap, and then release him, covering his defensive duties if he can't get back.

Rose is more than good enough to do the job at left back. Do you guys remember the end of last year when BAE was hurt? Perhaps if we had a little more rotation and Rose actually got a game or two BAE would not be so tired ending up in him being hurt. I trust Danny Rose and you (and Harry) should too! :wink:

Burko said:
With the right player in front of him it could work. i.e. someone that is happy to hold the ball, let Bale overlap, and then release him, covering his defensive duties if he can't get back.

You mean like Pienaar, or maybe Kranjcar.... both unavailable!

I think Benny pointed out our form is much better when he has had his hair braided and as its completely wild he needs a whole weekend to get it done so Harry has given him the whole weekend off.

If Bale plays at LB I will pull each and every pube out of my 'region'...He has no positional awareness and is a pussy when it comes to physical contact. Rose is an able deputy and might even overlap Bale or provide more attacking width than Benny.

I think Bale at left back with a longer run-up will mean he sticks on the left and won't get doubled-up on. I'm all for it personally, but we don't actually have anyone to take his place on the left (short of moving Modric there and going with Parker and Sandro in the middle).

The longer run up for Bale is key here (except for BAE being our weak link - shout at me if you want but it's true). As has been said, Bale moves from the left as he is being double marked. This wouldn't happen if he was a LB already running at full tilt.

Wouldn't need anyone just ahead of him, but a CM who plays near the left, just not all the way out there. A touch line hugging LM would just get in the way. This would give us an extra in midfield too.

Benny may be a better tackler, but we only know this when he snaps out of ball watching to lunge in last minute. Bale is such a great attacker, he wouldn't need to defend. Dani Alves would be an example of my point.

Saying all that, I'd look at how Mascherano does for Barcelona at centre half and consider Scotty P playing there, so my opinion probably means shag all.

I'd love it if BAE did a WWE type entrance on Sunday, just jump out of the East Stand in his full kit. Clothes-line Danny Rose, then play a blinder! :bae:

Thelonious said:
I'd love it if BAE did a WWE type entrance on Sunday, just jump out of the East Stand in his full kit. Clothes-line Danny Rose, then play a blinder! :bae:
Fuck that would be amazing, I can see it now, him sprinting down the tunnel Ultimate Warrior style, hair draging behind him, pumped up to the max, running up and down the touchline getting the fans into a frenzy then 'tagging' Danny Rose out, Cruyff turning Dunn, THREE times then unleashing an unstopable drive from 60 yards thats sails past Robbo.

He's saving that for Fulham. I'm certain SKY can spring for having Jim Ross call that match.

OH MY GOD! THAT'S DISCO BENNY'S MUSIC!

[mp3]http://moacir.com/otherdocs/benoit.mp3[/mp3]

WTF... since when...? how...? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Haven't heard anything... Did I miss a meeting??

fucking c o c k monkeys if true!

Mind you, Rose had a storming end to last season... maybe Benny doesn't fancy the run-in... that's twice in 2 years now!

Éperons said:
He's saving that for Fulham. I'm certain SKY can spring for having Jim Ross call that match.

Jim Ross commentating on Spurs would be uneral.

OH MY GOAAAD!!! BENOIT! BENOIT! FROM 60 YARDS!! THAT SON OF A BITCH JUST WON THE MATCH!

Dru said:
Éperons said:

Jim Ross commentating on Spurs would be uneral.

OH MY GOAAAD!!! BENOIT! BENOIT! FROM 60 YARDS!! THAT SON OF A BITCH JUST WON THE MATCH!

This I need to see!

Half-time, 1 - 0 down. Flood lights start flashing and smoke comes out of the tunnel. The drum makes a return, echoing around the stadium.

Lol! cards being raised all round the stands (along with big foam pointy fingers)

The 'Disco Benny' entrance!

----------Brad----------

--Nelsen--King--Gallas--

Walker---------------Bale

---Parker--Mod--Sandro--

-----------VDV----------

-----------ADE----------

Back
Top Bottom