Bale, and simulation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alright lads. I try to keep the promotion to a minimum here, but I dun a little fing on Bale's diving which I would really love if anyone took the time to have a look at. Hopefully someone will have a view in response to it which they could post here and we could get a little debate going.

http://lifeislillywhite.wordpress.c...ation-issue-wont-end-until-someone-gets-hurt/

Also if you really, really, really like it I'd be forever in people's debt if that put it on Twitter or the like, because I don't have any followers so I don't think many people actually read these.

Cheers again gents.

c98.gif

4 out of his 5 YCs have been for Simulation............And here is a dead-on recap (IMO)

Aston Villa at the Lane: Not fouled, Dive as clear as day (awful)
Fulham at Craven Cottage: Fouled but went down theatrically (Zebra making an example of Bale)
Lpool at the Lane: Fouled pretty hard and Zebra basically conned by Agger getting into bale's face after the obvious foul
Yesterday at the S of Lights: A foul anywhere on the pitch but the box. Bale does go down quite easy to sell it (Atkinson had YC already to go by the time bale hit the ground). No Foul, No YC......a simple play-on would suffice

Overall, 3 of the 4 YCs are a utter farce..........But bale simply needs to recognize he is a marked man now and he needs to clean up his tactics when going down--> Try to stay on your feet and make it less theatrical.

But i will admit............Suarez has cleaned up his act from last year for the most part and clearly has gotten similar treatment from the Zebras. So its obviously working So, in the end, I'm all for no diving in the Prem and bale is currently clearly taking the bullet for the greater good

Will read shortly.

Replays of his recent dives against Liverpool, Fulham, and most recently Sunderland.
1354404816732.gif
BALE-DIVE.gif
Sunderland Dive

I caught a ton of flack yesterday for defending Bale on the only other forum that I frequent. They started yapping on about him getting booked again, and really called me out when I said that his past three bookings for simulation were poor decisions by the officials, that contact occurred on each, constituting a foul.

So I dug those up last night, and none of the United, Chelsea, Woolwich, or Liverpool supporters that I constantly bicker with on that forum have bothered to argue about it since. They've all been active, because they've been mocking this other fella that only comes in to the thread to yap about how the EPL is terrible, and that La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A are all light-years better, and that "I'd say about 10 years and we'll be looking at the EPL in the lower end of the top 10 nations in Europe."

So it's not like they've not read it. The most anyone has said is the Liverpool fan calling my assertion that Agger's foul was reckless and dangerous, "fucking ridiculous."

There's a difference between diving and simulation. Bale has simulated in the past, that awful dive against Villa proves that much, but to the best of what I have seen, he's not simulated contact in any of his recent bookings. Contact has occurred, and while it is doubtlessly true that he's gone to ground easily -- or been overly theatrical -- , constituting a dive, that does not equal simulation and a yellow card. It's naive to assume that just because a player has dived, that that means a foul wasn't committed.

Unfortunately Bale right now is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

edit: Philly kinda beat me to the punch, damn ninja!

I wonder (I think I know the answer really) if the free kick has ever been given for the foul AND the 'victim' got a yellow card for simulation...?

:gallashmm:

it was a bit over the top by Bale, but how many players do the same thing and get no yellow card. The only player i regularly see get book for diving is Bale. All it is, is that Refs have found an easy target and the press are jumping on the bandwagon. Yesterdays card should never have been given, it should have been a simple play on, especially considering it puts him on a suspension

4 out of his 5 YCs have been for Simulation............And here is a dead-on recap (IMO)

Fulham at Craven Cottage: Fouled but went down theatrically (Zebra making an example of Bale)
Lpool at the Lane: Fouled pretty hard and Zebra basically conned by Agger getting into bale's face after the obvious foul
Yesterday at the S of Lights: A foul anywhere on the pitch but the box. Bale does go down quite easy to sell it (Atkinson had YC already to go by the time bale hit the ground). No Foul, No YC......a simple play-on would suffice

Overall, 3 of the 4 YCs are a utter farce..........But bale simply needs to recognize he is a marked man now and he needs to clean up his tactics when going down--> Try to stay on your feet and make it less theatrical.

But i will admit............Suarez has cleaned up his act from last year for the most part and clearly has gotten similar treatment from the Zebras. So its obviously working So, in the end, I'm all for no diving in the Prem and bale is currently clearly taking the bullet for the greater good
How is it not a foul when the defender clips his knee and has an arm infront of him holding him back?

Deflects the debate from the refs this year being totally shit and in the case of Michu/lloris accident could have been life threatening.

He didn't get a yellow card against Villa at The Lane.

As I said in another thread he only tends to get a yellow card when he actually appeals for a foul, i.e. turning around to look at the ref with his hands out after he dives. Against Villa he knew he had been done by Guzan and there was no contact so just continued to slide and pick himself back up.

---

Erik_Edman Erik_Edman , your post does hit the nail on the head. He does dive and he clarifies his reasons for doing so. Whether he simulates the fouls and cheats is another matter entirely. It is possible to both be fouled and dive, which is what I believe happens in most cases. Refs think he is simulating the foul, and therefore don't even take the foul into consideration.

When Bale looks around for the foul, he tends to be booked. I have a feeling he will continue to be booked whether he is fouled or not.

How is it not a foul when the defender clips his knee and has an arm infront of him holding him back?

Its in the box.........there was minimal contact.......So for me, no PK

Ever catch a Corner Kick ? if that's a PK, then we would have one every single damn CK.

He didn't get a yellow card against Villa at The Lane.

As I said in another thread he only tends to get a yellow card when he actually appeals for a foul, i.e. turning around to look at the ref with his hands out after he dives. Against Villa he knew he had been done by Guzan and there was no contact so just continued to slide and pick himself back up.

---

Erik_Edman Erik_Edman , your post does hit the nail on the head. He does dive and he clarifies his reasons for doing so. Whether he simulates the fouls and cheats is another matter entirely. It is possible to both be fouled and dive, which is what I believe happens in most cases. Refs think he is simulating the foul, and therefore don't even take the foul into consideration.

When Bale looks around for the foul, he tends to be booked. I have a feeling he will continue to be booked whether he is fouled or not.

Hey man......You are def correct. No YC vs Aston Villa. Which game did he get one of four for simulation ?

Its in the box.........there was minimal contact.......So for me, no PK

Ever catch a Corner Kick ? if that's a PK, then we would have one every single damn CK.
what goes on in the box during corners is a disgrace and should be clamped down on tbh... this is where consistency comes into play... if it's a foul outside the box, then sure as hell it's a foul inside the box.
The location of the foul should have no say in the matter of giving a foul or not, a foul is a foul simple as that. The rules of the game say nothing about what constitutes a foul inside or outside the box, they just say what is and what isn't a foul.

what goes on in the box during corners is a disgrace and should be clamped down on tbh... this is where consistency comes into play... if it's a foul outside the box, then sure as hell it's a foul inside the box.
The location of the foul should have no say in the matter of giving a foul or not, a foul is a foul simple as that. The rules of the game say nothing about what constitutes a foul inside or outside the box, they just say what is and what isn't a foul.

I hear you to a certain extent.......But at the end of the day, the Premier league is a physical league. You start calling every PK, that physicality will be clearly compromised

Not too mention, I think while Bale is getting short-changed big-time, I think the league will benefit from cracking down on the theatrics even it is at the costs of the Spurs in the short-term

Hey man......You are def correct. No YC vs Aston Villa. Which game did he get one of four for simulation ?

I don't even know where you got that stat from in the first place mate! He says he has been clipped and booked for simulation 3 times in the Premier League this season.

I remember seeing him dive against Maribor though so he may have been booked for it then as well but tbh my memories of that match are a bit hazy... :chicco:

Back
Top Bottom